Page: 1

If you don't know what you're writing about, dont.....

ChrisLovesShows Profile PhotoChrisLovesShows Profile Photo
ChrisLovesShows
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hmmm....I don't think that Frank Rizzo of the Hartford Courant has ever been to Broadway. I'm not sure where he saw the musical MOVIN' ON.

"Do you know ChrisLovesShows?" "Yes. Why, yes he does!"
Updated On: 8/24/03 at 01:03 PM
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
He's actually a pretty good reviewer, considering he's trapped in Hartford. And as we know if we are regular readers of this site, people make mistakes all the time and present them as facts with absolute certitude.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
ChrisLovesShows Profile PhotoChrisLovesShows Profile Photo
ChrisLovesShows
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
But Namo, the NAME of a show?? Seems like someone, the proofreader, the associate editor, someone, should have caught that.
"Do you know ChrisLovesShows?" "Yes. Why, yes he does!"
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh, I too remember the days when there were associate editors and even fact-checkers. But those days are long gone, alas.
PB ENT. Profile PhotoPB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
LOL! One of the problems is, that too many people are very theater saavy. That's a good thing...unless you are a reviewer. Man, make one factual mistake and they jump on you like a shipload of sailors on leave! I get "jumped on" now and then, but thankfully I get more happy thoughts than ridicule. (except for the shark attack from Robert Goulet's wife for my South Pacific, BAZ fans for JCS and recently for a less than flattering Mandy Patinkin review)

I try to do a little bit of homework if I'm making a factual stament or history or add some color to the piece, prior to my work going to print. I feel it's the writer's responsibility to be sure the facts are right to the best of their ability. Other staff member don't know everything.

Still, I think getting the title of a piece wrong is a major "pie on your face" sign that you need to put a little more thought into your job! Happy posting!
www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"... they jump on you like a shipload of sailors on leave!"

Please, PB, I have asked you to refrain from the tantalizing imagery.
PB ENT. Profile PhotoPB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Calm down, dude! That play on words never occured to me ...slip of the tongue... No! ok... forget the sailors. I'm really a very decent lady, so let's just conclude by saying writers need to read what they've written! OYE!
www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"