Page: 1

The cast of WILL AND GRACE

Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The cast of WILL AND GRACE#0
Posted: 9/15/04 at 9:32pm
I heard a radio announcement that the cast of WILL AND GRACE was to be at the Barnes and Noble at Union Square this evening to sign copies of a new book about the show. I didn't get the time. I checked out the "events" section on the Barnes and Noble website and there was nothing to be found. I called the stor and the jerk who answered the phone could hardly speak English, let alone give me correct information.

I hate to think I missed the opportunity to venerate TAMrMcC in the flesh.

Does anyone know if there really was a book signing? Would Debra Messing be there on Rosh Hoshana?
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
cabarethed
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The cast of WILL AND GRACE#1
Posted: 9/15/04 at 11:58pm
Debra Messing was on Regis and Kelly this morning, so I don't think she has a problem with that. Wasn't the whole cast on Leno last night or the night before? I dunno. I think a big deal would have been made had they all been appearing for a signing.
DottieD'Luscia Profile PhotoDottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The cast of WILL AND GRACE#2
Posted: 9/16/04 at 12:02am
I saw their appearance on Leno and I thought what a waste. For the most part they were trying to be "funny" and just weren't. I'm not a big fan of Debra Messing's, but she came across as the most down to earth.
Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
touchmeinthemorning
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The cast of WILL AND GRACE#3
Posted: 9/16/04 at 12:13am
rosh starts at sundown
"Fundamentalism means never having to say 'I'm wrong.'" -- unknown
dotmarie Profile Photodotmarie Profile Photo
dotmarie
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: The cast of WILL AND GRACE#4
Posted: 9/16/04 at 12:16am
W&G premieres tomorrow, doesn't it? I'm excited. I have my blank tape ready.
Ebonic_Singer Profile PhotoEbonic_Singer Profile Photo
Ebonic_Singer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The cast of WILL AND GRACE#5
Posted: 9/16/04 at 1:42am
Haha I'm excited too. As for them signing--wouldn't it be really publicised?
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The cast of WILL AND GRACE#6
Posted: 9/16/04 at 10:33am
They were all on the Today Show this morning and Eric McCormack sang.
Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
touchmeinthemorning
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The cast of WILL AND GRACE#7
Posted: 9/16/04 at 10:37am
what did eric sing?
"Fundamentalism means never having to say 'I'm wrong.'" -- unknown
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The cast of WILL AND GRACE#8
Posted: 9/16/04 at 10:41am
Was I just reading something about a recording that they've all done together?
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The cast of WILL AND GRACE#9
Posted: 9/16/04 at 10:55am
I was getting ready for work, so I really wasn't paying attention to his song. It sounded like an original composition though.
seymour krelborn Profile Photoseymour krelborn Profile Photo
seymour krelborn
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: The cast of WILL AND GRACE#10
Posted: 9/16/04 at 11:09am
He sang a song called " Living with grace" which appears on the just released cd from the show. Eric wrote the lyrics and Barry Manilow wrote the music and plays piano (on the cd).
Lorelai Profile PhotoLorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The cast of WILL AND GRACE#11
Posted: 9/16/04 at 7:59pm
yes there was a signing at barnes and noble in union square yesterday at 12 noon. it was a bit crazy but the cast was wonderful. then there was also one at the nbc at 3pm and the cast did the view the morning and megan did conan last night
(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."
shira467 Profile Photoshira467 Profile Photo
shira467
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The cast of WILL AND GRACE#12
Posted: 9/17/04 at 6:08am
I watched Leno...Megan looked really bored, to be frank. Otherwise, Debra looked amazing. It was kind of blah with them as a group. Better to have them each individually.

As for singing, how was he? Weren't they all theater trained and have some musical talents? Or am I mistaken?
Deet: Shira, I Love You!
popcultureboy Profile Photopopcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The cast of WILL AND GRACE#13
Posted: 9/17/04 at 6:18am
Megan has musical talent up the yingyang. Her voice is incredible.
Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.
bmeonbway2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: The cast of WILL AND GRACE#14
Posted: 9/17/04 at 7:19am
I think they all are theater trained. I thought Eric had a nice voice- very pleasant.

Debra looks so much better- not as emaciated. She exudes happiness.
Updated On: 9/17/04 at 07:19 AM
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The cast of WILL AND GRACE#15
Posted: 9/17/04 at 7:26am
Well thank God for that. It got to the point where I couldn't stand to look at her because she looked so terrifyingly anorexic.
Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The cast of WILL AND GRACE#16
Posted: 9/17/04 at 8:01am
Having a baby will put a few extra pounds on a body. I thought she lloked quite well in the show last night.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The cast of WILL AND GRACE#17
Posted: 9/17/04 at 4:48pm
TAMrMcC sang very well when he was in THE MUSIC MAN a few years ago. I wish he sang "Till There Was You" full voice, but he's been directed to almost internalize his segment of the tune.
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
sabrelady Profile Photosabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The cast of WILL AND GRACE#18
Posted: 9/20/04 at 1:37pm
He was in TO for the film fest & to visit family. Had the wife * kid with. Both cute.
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin Im going to have to science the shit outta this. The Martian
rlbgbc Profile Photorlbgbc Profile Photo
rlbgbc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The cast of WILL AND GRACE#19
Posted: 9/21/04 at 9:45am
Sounds to me like the cast of WILL AND GRACE are out on a publicity blitz to shore up the ratings of their now-ho-hum series. Admit it, folks -- the writing has gone progressively down hill. Now it's just ridiculous.
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The cast of WILL AND GRACE#20
Posted: 9/21/04 at 9:46am
I quit regularly watching it midway through Season 4. Karen buying a gay horse was my last episode. The few that I have caught since then have all been awful, too. SUCH a shame.
rlbgbc Profile Photorlbgbc Profile Photo
rlbgbc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The cast of WILL AND GRACE#21
Posted: 9/21/04 at 9:55am
I agree, popcultureman. For me to really really laugh at something (now that I'm an adult, that is), it has to be grounded in reality (same things for things to scare me, btw). Jack dancing back-up for Jennifer Lopez, Karen and Rosario diving into the ocean from the yacht only to be picked up by a foreign fisherman, etc. I could go on and on. Will & Grace -- erg.
Type_A_Tiff Profile PhotoType_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The cast of WILL AND GRACE#22
Posted: 9/21/04 at 11:39am
The series was always better early on when they dealt with less serious problems. Now that Grace has a crappy marriage, Stan's dead, etc. etc., it's not as funny. (I would have written this with more wit but it's too early.)
"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell