Page: 1

Who (else) can't wait to read the Kitty K book on the Bush family? (Fess up)

Auggie27 Profile PhotoAuggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Okay, okay, we have no Jackie Susann anymore, anyway, so I admit it: I'm gonna read Ms.Kitty's opus on the Bush Dynasty. Watching her on TODAY, along with the so-called "rebuttal" by the deer-in-the-headlights black sheep, er, Bambi, Sharon Bush, I began to salivate in anticipation. If Ms.Sharon's words about W's cocaine use are all lies, then why isn't she suing immediately? Because there was a witness there, as Matt pointed out, and her eleventh hour recanting is toothless. The witness was Sharon's publicist! I love her cover story -- that she had a four hour lunch with Kitty because she thought Kitty might help her get a job. Ha! The infamous Miss Kitty's so known for her empathetic skills, and helping nice people break into publishing. Yeah, like, a Broadway star would have a four hour lunch with Michael Reidel to find out where old Mike buys his ties. It's a bit like Eve, Addison de Witt, and Karen, no? He or she who has the most to reveal ... spills.

Also, amateur sleuths out there who also saw Sharon: She certainly doesn't behave like a woman who's been misquoted. Where was the rage,the anger? All I saw was calculation and fear -- because these Bush people have sued her in the past to try and take her kids away. Apparently, Kelly's book has been vetted by 4 major attnys, and all sources proven. I loved hearing that Larry King "refused to have Kitty on!" As if old Lar is just soooo high road when it comes to self-promotion. Pu-leeze, the self-regulating media makes me howl.
"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
Updated On: 9/13/04 at 08:17 AM
buddha2 Profile Photobuddha2 Profile Photo
buddha2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Oh please, I'll wait to buy it on the cheap after November. So what if he did Coke, I wish he still did, the world would be a better place probably. I saw the interviews and I did like how Matt L really gave it to Kitty as to why she didn't record SBush comments. What was she thinking?? The book is going to bring a lot of hype but I doubt it will change the 50% or so idiots minds that will probably vote for Bush.
MasterLcZ Profile PhotoMasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think Buddah is right. In fact, I think this book will only enhance Bush's standing. People love 'bad boys' who get away with it. Underneath the fire and brimstone ranting about Clinton & Monica there was much jealousy and even grudging admiration. I can do without Matt Lauer's finger-wagging and tut-tutting over the unseemliness of it all - Maureen Dowd really nailed it when she referred to the Bushs as the 'WASP Corleones'.

I have to admit, I did like Laura a bit better when I heard of her secret "Mandingo" desires for strapping 'young bucks'!
"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"
Updated On: 9/13/04 at 08:55 AM
BT Profile PhotoBT Profile Photo
BT
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Matt Lauer tried to give her the 3rd degree this morning. No need to read it after this morning - she alleges that W did cocaine at Camp David. The Washington wheels are already turning - it will get ugly very quickly. Is it November yet???
I sing for myself. I sing when I want, whenever I want to, just for me. I sing for my own pleasure. Do you understand that?
Plum
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well, it's worth noting that Bush is a Republican and Clinton was a Democrat, MasterLcz. And Republicans are known for being more...well...conservative.

But I'm sure they'll vote for him anyway. After all, he was chosen by God. re: Who (else) can't wait to read the Kitty K book on the Bush family?  (Fess up) And no one else can keep us secure from the bad dark-skinned people.

And to be fair, he did a lot of **** before he was "born again." The drinking and drugging have stopped since then, even if other immoral acts in a more political vein have continued.
BT
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well, Plum, Ms Kelley says different. This born again thing is an act and he's snorting coke right and left and his father had an affair. I guess there was more to it... It will make a divine miniseries.
I sing for myself. I sing when I want, whenever I want to, just for me. I sing for my own pleasure. Do you understand that?
BT
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Maybe God told him to do it...
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
probabably..

and did anyone else catch Kitty mentioning that the White House had tried to pressure NBC into keeping her off the air?
BT
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I smell a vast right wing conspiracy... no, wait, someone just burned microwave popcorn.
BT
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Um, does a bear s%*t in the woods?
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I've always felt that Jeb was who they wanted all along, but that he wasn't 'seasoned' enough for them to pass off - so they settled for the other one in the meantime.
robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Who cares if he ripped lines at Camp David!

I tooted up in DisneyWorld...why is no one writing a book about me!?!?!?!

kidding.

maybe.

re: Who (else) can't wait to read the Kitty K book on the Bush family?  (Fess up)
"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."
popcultureboy Profile Photopopcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Who is to say they aren't, robbiej?
Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.
BT
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Robbiej for president! If you've slept with an intern, you're a shoe-in.
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Auggie27 Profile PhotoAuggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My favorite Matt L. moment of this a.m. (day two of his 'exclusive' with La Kelly) ... his "accusations" of negative bias. Pu-leeze. How brave and ....and Edward R Morrow of him to pounce on the fact that -- gasp! -- Miss Kitty didn't write any NICE things about Big Barbara and her old man. Watching the Today show -- Journalism (ultra) lite -- play heavy-duty gotcha with Kitty is particularly rich and hypocritical, since they touted her appearances on the show to grab ratings. Then attack her with zeal and high-road ethical alarm for daring to exploit the Bush Dynasty. Tomorrow, he "warned" her -- he will read some of the (anti-Kitty) emails and phone messages Today got ... even as her book goes to Number 2 on Amazon.com. As if the Today appearance didn't help her cause! Oh, when the exploiters (the media) exploit the exploiters (the trash writers), well -- there are all kinds of incest.
"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
Updated On: 9/14/04 at 11:00 AM
MargoChanning Profile PhotoMargoChanning Profile Photo
MargoChanning
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Here's Michiko Kakutani's take on the book from the Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/14/books/14kaku.html
"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney