Page: 1

Is Dollypop paying tribute to Madonna's daughter?

"I've traveled far the land and the sea/Beautiful places I happened to be/One little town I'll never forget/Is LOURDES, the village of Saint Bernadette."

Voiceanth: I think its a wonderful gesture, Dollypop...you know how much I love the Big M...

...in return,I'm gonna do my best and try to sit through "First Traveling Saleslady" without heaving chunks on myself....
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No comment. I've explained myself on the Gigli thread.
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dolly

...and now.......

...the Virgin Mary?

Does this Board get any freaking weirder.........?
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The story of Bernadette Soubirous had a profound affect on me when I was a kid in Catholic School. When the opportunity to work at Lourdes presented itself to me several years ago, I jumped at the chance. I became a "stagiare" and worked myslef up to a "hospitalier", where my ability to speak French and Italian are put to good use.

The message of Lourdes is a loving one: Repentance, love, and healing.

I willingly and lovingly devote this time to the Virgin Mary and St. Bernadette--who died over 100 years ago, but whose body has not experienced even the slightest bit of decay. It is on display in the convent of Nevers.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well......

... at least there's one Bernadette whose body hasn’t decayed...
Updated On: 8/12/03 at 04:20 PM
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh, Dollypop, that last part is a bit creepy. I think I had heard about her body but did not know if it was true. Just out of curiosity, have there been any scientific tests done (ie DNA) on her body? And was she a pretty girl? Where can I find pictures of this? I really am intrigued and not making fun.
PEACE.
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The body is authentic. Its kept in a crystal casket in Nevers. It is really quite beautiful. Bernadette died an agonizing death, but the moment before she died, a serene expression came over her and that is what is seen today.

She was a pretty girl--very short (almost a dwarf)--and in life she had a very intense stare. That of course isn't seen in the casket. He eyebrows have been shaped a bit, and the entire body has been covered woth a light coat of wax to prevent mildew or mold from developing on it (that's what happened to St. Clare of Assisi's body).

I love Bernadette for her simplicity and her ability never to waiver in her story. She was a remarkable young lady and she has become a loyal friend to me in recent years.
Slash
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Catholics everywhere heave a sigh of exasperation.

Not directed at Dollypop.
Updated On: 8/12/03 at 04:28 PM
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Those who would like me to carry their special intentions to the Grotto, may send me an e-mail via my profile. Type "LOURDES" in the "re" space. I won't read the messages. I feel that is quite personal. Don't sign your name. I don't think it's necessary. I will print out the messages and place them in the Grotto when I get there.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Not directed at Dollypop.

Voiceanth: who was it directed at slashy-poo?
popcultureboy Profile Photopopcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
MUST you write Voiceanth: before everything you say now? We do know who you are you know.
Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
popcultureboy, point taken...you actually have one this time ...which is impressive...
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I always have a point, Voiceanth. You can just never drag your head out of your own a** long enough to discover what it is.
Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
popcultureboy..your as always, a class act...
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm begging you, learn how to use punctuation. In that sentence it is a you're, not your. And yes, thanks, I am vay classy.
TheaterBaby Profile PhotoTheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Not that it really bothers me, but I don't think it's very appropriate to have religious pictures and sayings on a public forum where it might offend some people who are not Catholic. I'm Catholic, but if I wasn't I would probably be offended by it.
"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
There might be Muslims on this board...who knows...Osama Bin Laden might be hiding on this board!

Ok that was probably the stupidest things I have ever said on this board...I am giving permission to bash me!
CCM '10!
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This is one of the oddest threads in a long time. To go from Madonna to St. Bernadette to a mummified body to telling someone to pull their head out of their ass…boy, can we stick to a topic or what? It makes me realize that no matter what the original subject of a thread I have to read the whole thing. Even if the topic does not interest me at first something will eventually.

As they say in Hawaii: “If you don’t like the weather, wait a minute, it will change.”
PEACE.
TheaterBaby Profile PhotoTheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
LOL I don't think there's one thread on this board that has more than 10 posts where every post has to do with the original topic.
"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~