Films you have walked out of

JakeB
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Films you have walked out of#0
Posted: 9/6/04 at 3:56pm
I have never, ever walked out of a film before. But I have just walked out of The Terminal. I looked at my watch and only 40 minutes had gone. I survived until an hour in and decided to call it quits. It was depressingly bad from Spielberg, Hanks and the ever-brilliant John Williams too.

I'm interested, what's been so bad you've walked out? L'Homme du Train was close but I was with a lot of friends (who enjoyed it) so couldn't.
Glebb Profile PhotoGlebb Profile Photo
Glebb
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Films you have walked out of#1
Posted: 9/6/04 at 3:58pm
I walked out of S.O.B. a long time ago, but realized that I was an idot for doing that since loved it when I saw it later on HBO.
" ...the happiness in the tune convinces me that I'm not afraid."
CATSNYrevival Profile PhotoCATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Films you have walked out of#2
Posted: 9/6/04 at 3:59pm
Lotsa people walked out of Open Water. I'm glad I stayed. I was shocked. I've never heard an audience so quite at the end of a movie....
LadyGuenevere
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Films you have walked out of#3
Posted: 9/6/04 at 4:01pm
I almost walked out during Open Water. Ugh.
MyNameInLights Profile PhotoMyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Films you have walked out of#4
Posted: 9/6/04 at 4:02pm
Volcano... don't ask.
"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."
ponine24601
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Films you have walked out of#5
Posted: 9/6/04 at 4:08pm
this was a long time ago. i walked out of Drowning Mona. o god it was horrific!
"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon
insomniak
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Films you have walked out of#6
Posted: 9/6/04 at 4:11pm
I almost left The Terminal. CZJ was not in it enough to keep me entertained. The real reason I'm posting, though, is to say that I love MNIL's new avatar.<3
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Films you have walked out of#7
Posted: 9/6/04 at 4:16pm
Bram Stoker's Dracula
The English Patient
Legends of the Fall
Glebb Profile PhotoGlebb Profile Photo
Glebb
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Films you have walked out of#8
Posted: 9/6/04 at 4:18pm
Oh NO! DGrant please give "Legends of The Fall" another chance. I love that movie especially in the fall. :)
" ...the happiness in the tune convinces me that I'm not afraid."
Rose_MacShane Profile PhotoRose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Films you have walked out of#9
Posted: 9/6/04 at 4:22pm
I walked out of "American Beauty." Hate me if you must, call me uncultured and ignorant, but I really didn't like that movie. I do not need to be bludgeoned to death by the moral of a story, thank you.
http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/
zepka102 Profile Photozepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Films you have walked out of#10
Posted: 9/6/04 at 4:23pm
awwww i loved american beauty!

i almost walked out of dude, wheres my car and blair witch project... but who wasnt tempted with those?
::bust a move::
popcultureboy Profile Photopopcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Films you have walked out of#11
Posted: 9/6/04 at 4:27pm
It takes an awful lot to get me to walk out of a movie, because there's always a chance it could get better. Twelve Monkeys is a case in point. I HATED the first hour and then LOVED the rest of the movie. That said, I have walked out on two films: Mrs. Parker And The Vicious Circle was one, Amen was the other.

I did toy with the idea of walking out of The Terminal though, when I felt like I had been sat there for 6 weeks and looked at my watch to discover another hour still to go.
Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.
NoDayButToday2 Profile PhotoNoDayButToday2 Profile Photo
NoDayButToday2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Films you have walked out of#12
Posted: 9/6/04 at 5:23pm
almost walked out of 'open water' but i decided not to. not sure why I stayed because in my opinion it didnt get much better...
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Films you have walked out of#13
Posted: 9/6/04 at 5:51pm
Wow. Open Water is getting such a thumbs down here. I am seeing it friday night and I am really looking forward to it.
Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.
glitzguy3 Profile Photoglitzguy3 Profile Photo
glitzguy3
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Films you have walked out of#14
Posted: 9/6/04 at 5:53pm
didn't walk out, but hated american beauty
CATSNYrevival Profile PhotoCATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Films you have walked out of#15
Posted: 9/6/04 at 6:01pm
Open Water was just okay ... the nudity at the beginning grabbed the attention of the straight male audience members and then the guy got into bed and the double standard played out where everything for him was covered even though she was just completely naked ... so that was irritating.

Then once they were finally out there, I figured there would be some intelligent dialogue that would play out as is the case with these kinds of films, kinda like Phone Booth, where the dialogue remained interesting even though the entire movie took place in a phone booth. But, that didn't happen with Open Water. Very immature writing that was poorly delivered, as well. But since I had no idea that this was based on a true story and I had no idea that the end was gonna be what it was I, along with most of the remaining audience, was very shocked...
Delphine Profile PhotoDelphine Profile Photo
Delphine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Films you have walked out of#16
Posted: 9/6/04 at 6:04pm
I almost walked out of Whale Rider. I don't care how artsy this movie is supposed to be, because in my mind it's way overrated and extremely boring.
"I am open-minded and accept Delph for who she is, a naked blue crackwhore." - Insomniak
"And they poke me with wittled down popsicle sticks." - Ebonic about the Brooklyn shills
CurtainUp2 Profile PhotoCurtainUp2 Profile Photo
CurtainUp2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Films you have walked out of#17
Posted: 9/6/04 at 6:10pm
"Dogville" with Nicole Kidman. Egads!!! What a pretentious bore!
There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered. - Nelson Mandela
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Films you have walked out of#18
Posted: 9/6/04 at 6:11pm
I loved Dogville. Hard work but rewarding and the end was incredible.
CurtainUp2 Profile PhotoCurtainUp2 Profile Photo
CurtainUp2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Films you have walked out of#19
Posted: 9/6/04 at 6:45pm
I don't know... it may not be fair but, I kind of resent someone who's never even stepped foot in the U.S. directing a movie, and trying to make a profound statement, about it. Although that really doesn't have anything to do with what I didn't like about the movie. Just too slow and self-indulgent for my tastes. To me Von Trier comes off as someone who's overly impressed with himself. But... to each his own. That's what makes the world go 'round. Movies, like theatre, can be such a personal experience.
There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered. - Nelson Mandela
Updated On: 9/6/04 at 06:45 PM
Guido Contini Profile PhotoGuido Contini Profile Photo
Guido Contini
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Films you have walked out of#20
Posted: 9/6/04 at 7:05pm
Sim0ne....my ex and i looked at each other and simulatneously got up and left. speaking of impossible to enjoy...ugh!
"Applause begets applause in the theatre, as laughter begets laughter and tears beget tears." CLAYTON HAMILTON, "Theory of the Theatre" "I think theater ought to be theatrical ... you know, shuffling the pack in different ways so that it's -- there's always some kind of ambush involved in the experience. You're being ambushed by an unexpected word, or by an elephant falling out of the cupboard, whatever it is." TOM STOPPARD
Kristie-K2 Profile PhotoKristie-K2 Profile Photo
Kristie-K2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Films you have walked out of#21
Posted: 9/6/04 at 7:54pm
I would never pay 10 dollars and then walk out....I only go to movies that have gotten excellent reviews or get Oscars....But if you ask me what movies I fell asleep at....it has to be The Last of the Mohicans starring Daniel Day Lewis.....Two movies that I was disappointed with because I guessed the ending was American Beauty and Mystic River.....both fine movies, but the endings sucked.....No surprise
Matt_G Profile PhotoMatt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Films you have walked out of#22
Posted: 9/6/04 at 7:59pm
The last film I walked out of was ANY GIVEN SUNDAY. Christ, that was horrible.
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
NYBroadwayNY
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Films you have walked out of#23
Posted: 9/6/04 at 8:03pm
Matt, You are so right! Hated that movie, but did sit there and take it because I was with friends.

One movie I DID walk out of a while back, was THE ROAD TO WELLVILLE. What a piece of crap.
shesings
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Films you have walked out of#24
Posted: 9/6/04 at 8:05pm
never walked out ... but fell asleep during Summer of Sam.