Page: 1

Thanks broadwayworld.com!

nystateomind04 Profile Photonystateomind04 Profile Photo
nystateomind04
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks broadwayworld.com!#0
Posted: 9/5/04 at 11:55am
Hi all, I'm just posting to let you all know that I'm off to New York City to start school! I would like to thank everyone here for the answers to my many questions, and for the arguments, and other interesting conversations I've had the pleasure to participate in for the past few monthes since I've been a member here. I really have learned a lot, and I feel that my eyes have been opened to so many different things that I never even knew existed, which will all be a real help when I move to the city tomarrow. (I know living in a dorm is different from actually getting an apartment and all, but it's a start)

I was extremely naive before I joined these boards, and I know I still am, but thanks to you all, it is to a lesser degree. I know that some of the things I'm setting out to do will be difficult, but I also understand now that there are many others who will be going through similar experiences, and I'll never be completly alone.

So, thanks again, broadwayworld, you've helped to keep me sane in my last few monthes in this hicktown!

See you in the theater district!

"If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere, it's up to you; New York, New Yooooooooork!"
NoDayButToday2 Profile PhotoNoDayButToday2 Profile Photo
NoDayButToday2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Thanks broadwayworld.com!#1
Posted: 9/5/04 at 12:44pm
good luck! are you at NYU? you will LOVE living NYC... there is so much to do, so many things to see-- waaaay different than whatever 'hicktown' you mentioned

mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Thanks broadwayworld.com!#2
Posted: 9/5/04 at 12:57pm
Best of luck NDBT2!
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
nystateomind04
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Thanks broadwayworld.com!#3
Posted: 9/5/04 at 1:22pm
No, I'm not going to NYU, NoDaybutToday, I'll tell you where in a PM.

Thanks mominator, too re: Thanks broadwayworld.com!
Broadwayboobs Profile PhotoBroadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Thanks broadwayworld.com!#4
Posted: 9/5/04 at 1:32pm
Good Luck NYSOM04. Maybe a couple of us can meet up for coffee sometime. re: Thanks broadwayworld.com!
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Matt_G Profile PhotoMatt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Thanks broadwayworld.com!#5
Posted: 9/5/04 at 1:34pm
Sooner or later everyone here will end up in NYC. We should start a BroadwayWorld retirement center for when we all get older!

Best of luck to you, NYSOM!!!
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Thanks broadwayworld.com!#6
Posted: 9/5/04 at 1:36pm
We should have a BWW orientation to greet our new NYC folks!
Broadwayboobs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Thanks broadwayworld.com!#7
Posted: 9/5/04 at 1:37pm
JRB will be the perfect welcome wagon...although he may corrupt some minds. re: Thanks broadwayworld.com!
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Thanks broadwayworld.com!#8
Posted: 9/5/04 at 1:42pm
BB--you feel off the wagon again, climb back on!
Broadwayboobs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Thanks broadwayworld.com!#9
Posted: 9/5/04 at 1:46pm
Can you help me up JRB ? Remember, bend from the knees. re: Thanks broadwayworld.com!
shira467 Profile Photoshira467 Profile Photo
shira467
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Thanks broadwayworld.com!#10
Posted: 9/5/04 at 1:54pm
I love school in New York. I spent as much time in theaters as I did in class. Probably spent more money on theater than I did on classes too...
Deet: Shira, I Love You!
GaLiNdaFied Profile PhotoGaLiNdaFied Profile Photo
GaLiNdaFied
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Thanks broadwayworld.com!#11
Posted: 9/5/04 at 2:59pm
Matt, a Broadwayworld retirement center is genius.

NYSOM04, You're going to have the time of your life, have fun! re: Thanks broadwayworld.com!
"Someone please tell me- when the hell did gravity become the enemy? How has an essential force of nature, something that makes it possible for life to even exist on this planet, come to deserve the scorn and hatred of every teenage girl with no head voice?"- Broadway Matt
nystateomind04
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Thanks broadwayworld.com!#12
Posted: 9/5/04 at 3:10pm
I really can't wait! I get there tomarrow afternoon and will be seeing shows on Tuesday and Wednesday! After that, I guess I may need to think about budgeting, huh?

And I'd love to meet some of you when I get there!