Page: 1

HELP ME name this song!!

HELP ME name this song!!#0
Posted: 8/6/03 at 3:35pm
My friend gave me a downloaded musical theatre cd with all kinds of stuff. Then I came to this song but I couldn't figure out who sings it?? Maybe Brian D'Arcy James, Jason Daniley, I dunno, maybe someone knows...

"I've imagined this moment this impossible moment. Feel the kick in the air, is it real? Do I dare believe this dream? I've held back in the sahdows, so afraid to fail, but the winds at my back and my spirit begins to sail...day by day i've been waiting i've been longing and waiting...at the end of my rope putting hope against hope but holding on. No one knows what will happen in the dark of night, but it's time to find out time to take on the light. It's enough of the wondering enough of the worry, it's time that i look to the sky, i may fail i may fall but the joy of it all is to try. High time to start believing in the glory, high time to let this vision shine before me. now is the finest hour, come let it start, high time to trust my heart...."

I think it's entitled High Time.

There also another one, that could possible be from Parade, but I don't know the show, but it sounds like it could be Carolee and the lead actor, but it's live.

But the woman also sounds Marin

MAN - "I'll never understand what i did to deserve you, or how to be the man that I'm supposed to be. I will never understand if I live a thousand lifetimes, why you do the things you do for me...just look at you, how can i not be in love with you? what kind of fool would have taken you for granted?

WOMAN -
"I will never understand how all the world misjudged you when i had always known how lucky i was...I will never understand how i kept from going crazy..just waiting there till you came home to me...

BOTH - All the wasted time, all the million hours...all the days gone by...I never knew anything at all!!

WHAT ARE THESE SONGS!!
sabrelady Profile Photosabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: HELP ME name this song!!#1
Posted: 8/6/03 at 4:33pm
The 2nd song is Definately from Parade I'll have to check for the title.- " All The Wasted Time"
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin Im going to have to science the shit outta this. The Martian
Updated On: 8/6/03 at 04:33 PM
seymour krelborn Profile Photoseymour krelborn Profile Photo
seymour krelborn
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: HELP ME name this song!!#2
Posted: 8/6/03 at 4:41pm
The second song IS from parade and it's title is " All The Wasted Time", as for the first song I don't know, sorry.
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: HELP ME name this song!!#3
Posted: 8/6/03 at 7:32pm
Believe it or not, the first lyric sounds very much like a song out of NANCY DREW: the musical. Etoile, do you remember it?
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: HELP ME name this song!!#4
Posted: 8/7/03 at 4:03pm
lol, thanks dollypop, but i'm not sure if it is from nancy drew, lol. re: re: re: HELP ME name this song!!
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
no, those first lyrics are not from me. :)
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ok, so at least i know the second song is from Parade, and i kinda figured that.

so the first song MUST be a promo or something. It sounds like it as well. it sounds all funky and the recording doesnt sound very professional but the song is great, and belty, kinda reminiscent of "this is the moment" but better.
asira
Swing
Swing
I know this post is from ages ago but I have an answer to your question. "High Time" is from a demo recording of "The Scarlet Pimpernel". It obviously didn't end up in the show and I don't know whether the music has ever been repurposed for another show or project, but there you go. A previous poster mentioned the similarity to "This is the Moment" and now you know that it's because the music of both songs was written by Frank Wildhorn.

Updated On: 2/13/14 at 12:27 AM

Page: 1