Page: 1

Pataki must go

Auggie27 Profile PhotoAuggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Pataki must go#0
Posted: 9/2/04 at 9:43pm
Pataki -- how has he survived? Whom does he represent? Who is his impassioned base? Have you ever met anyone who liked this Governor? How can New York State keep this man? Who knew he'd turn up and do more Kerry bashing? The idea that he has Presidential aspirations -- this man? Give me a break. He's a political lightweight, and he'll always be in Rudy's shadow. Always. And Rudy is too liberal by half for this crowd.
"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
Updated On: 9/2/04 at 09:43 PM
Plum
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pataki must go#1
Posted: 9/2/04 at 9:45pm
It always struck me as a bit odd that he kept getting re-elected. I think it's more a lack of solid opposition than any particular merit on his part.
jacobtsf Profile Photojacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pataki must go#2
Posted: 9/2/04 at 9:48pm
I have a post on something he said
Here it is
David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pataki must go#3
Posted: 9/2/04 at 10:33pm
While NYC is largely Democrat, many in the rest of NY State are Republican. They are the ones that continue to elect him.

Both Pataki and Bloomberg have got to go.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
shesings Profile Photoshesings Profile Photo
shesings
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pataki must go#4
Posted: 9/2/04 at 10:34pm
Well everyone keeps saying 2 of the 3 governors of the tri-state area are out, so I guess Patakis on the right track! Let's make it a sweep!
kissmycookie Profile Photokissmycookie Profile Photo
kissmycookie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pataki must go#5
Posted: 9/2/04 at 10:38pm
While NYC is largely Democrat, many in the rest of NY State are Republican. They are the ones that continue to elect him.

I believe 3 out of 5 NYers are Democrats, in terms of the state. Dems in NYC help push the numbers in that favor.

Fingers crossed for a Governor Spitzer in the next election...
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pataki must go#6
Posted: 9/2/04 at 10:40pm
I believe 3 out of 5 NYers are Democrats, in terms of the state. Dems in NYC help push the numbers in that favor.

What is your source for this?
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Plum
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pataki must go#7
Posted: 9/2/04 at 10:41pm
I'm pretty sure it's true, Goth- at least as far as NYC being the big Democratic center and upstate being more Republican. And I get that from years of reading the New York Times.
kissmycookie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pataki must go#8
Posted: 9/3/04 at 12:05am
Goth: The number came off the top of my head, like Plum, also from years of reading the NYTimes. I believe they cited the number in an article earlier this week, but attempts to search for that are limited, as they have you pay for archives. I'm doing my best to find concrete numbers for you, and so far, the best I can come up with is:

"a state where registered Democrats outnumber registered Republicans 5,255,521 to 3,132,161 and in a city where registered Democrats outnumber registered Republicans 2,819,404 to 536,460."

http://www.jrn.columbia.edu/studentwork/uptown2002/democrats-jacobs-evans.asp

which is dated... but again, I'll continue to look...
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pataki must go#9
Posted: 9/3/04 at 2:03am
Pataki sounded like Darrell Hammond doing his Clinton impersonation on valium.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pataki must go#10
Posted: 9/3/04 at 2:07am
He seriously sounded like a psychiatric nurse asking if you'ld taken your pill today.
Ebonic_Singer Profile PhotoEbonic_Singer Profile Photo
Ebonic_Singer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pataki must go#11
Posted: 9/3/04 at 3:22am
Haha--you guys make me giggle.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: pataki must go#12
Posted: 9/3/04 at 7:47am
uh, ya'll know he's not up for re-election until 2006 right? and the chances of him running again are practically nil as it would conflict with him making a move to the national stage, right?
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Auggie27 Profile PhotoAuggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: pataki must go#13
Posted: 9/3/04 at 7:56am
Thanks, Papa.

But I've seen the national stage (it's the Gershwin, right?), and sir, he's not worthy of the national stage.
"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: pataki must go#14
Posted: 9/3/04 at 7:59am
thank you senator bentsen. i reply: there you go again.

technically i think the national stage is the lyceum.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Updated On: 9/3/04 at 07:59 AM
sabrelady Profile Photosabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: pataki must go#15
Posted: 9/3/04 at 10:07am
Pataki ticks me off. In the last election hes gladhanded EVERY body- unions, multi national corps promised everyone every thing then promptly backed out due to the "Fiscal situation" Hey, who's responsible for the fiscal situation of the sate if not them waht been running it for the last 8 yrs!!!
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin Im going to have to science the shit outta this. The Martian
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: pataki must go#16
Posted: 9/3/04 at 10:17am
Everyone rags on W. for not being a good speaker, but Pataki is one of the worst speakers I've ever seen.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: pataki must go#17
Posted: 9/3/04 at 11:11am
worse than bill frist who reminded me of a bad caricature of reverend lovejoy?

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

ckeaton Profile Photockeaton Profile Photo
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: pataki must go#18
Posted: 9/3/04 at 11:53am
I'm a Pataki fan. I think he's done good things for the state. I lived through the Cuomo years.
Hamlet's father.
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: pataki must go#19
Posted: 9/3/04 at 9:35pm
I hope and dream and pray that Eliot Spitzer is our next governor. That man is SEXY!!!!!!
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
kissmycookie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: pataki must go#20
Posted: 9/3/04 at 10:46pm
Pray tell. What "good things" Pataki has done for the State of New York?