Gypsy Stage Door/ Tammy B. question

Bway_Mill_Fan Profile PhotoBway_Mill_Fan Profile Photo
Bway_Mill_Fan
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Gypsy Stage Door/ Tammy B. question#0
Posted: 8/5/03 at 3:51pm
For those of you who have gone, do they come out for matinees? and if so, who? also, could you go before the show if they dont come out for matinees? also, how has people's experience w/Tammy Blanchard been?thanks
CJR Profile PhotoCJR Profile Photo
CJR
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gypsy Stage Door/ Tammy B. question#1
Posted: 8/5/03 at 4:29pm
the only person who does not come out to sign after matinees is Bernadette. The odds of catching her before the show are slim to none as she comes in WAY before her call and does not always use the Shubert Alley entrance to the theatre.

Everyone is very nice and will stay till everything is signed and all pictures are taken.
"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

Updated On: 8/6/03 at 04:29 PM
Bway_Mill_Fan
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Is Tammy nice like lets say...Sutton? (she's the nicest person i know, so is she THAT nice, or more reserved?)
NuggetMonkeys Profile PhotoNuggetMonkeys Profile Photo
NuggetMonkeys
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
well, no one could be as nice as Sutton, but Tammy is as pretty close...she's chummy with the fans...its cool
Vary My Days.
Bway_Mill_Fan
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
thanks! Sutton IS pretty hard to top! what do you mean by "chummy", not familiar w/the expression.
PJ
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Looks like I'll have to catch Bernadette after the evening show.
BwayStar2B
Swing
Swing
oooo you must catch Bernadette! She was such a sweetie and took a picture with me!
BillyLawlor Profile PhotoBillyLawlor Profile Photo
BillyLawlor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I was hoping you's say that. I LOVE Tammy Blanchard. She is so talented, not to mention GORGEOUS! I hope she has a long, long career on the stage!
PJ
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
She is indeed very attractive.
theatrediva10086
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Gypsy Stage Door/ Tammy B. question#9
Posted: 8/6/03 at 1:07pm
From what CJR has told me there are nine million doors to get to the Shubert...The day I was there, Tammy did not come out the actual stage door...I was told by someone that she felt bad about not being able to come out, but she had to run out another door to make an appointment...But, I have heard that she usually comes out and stays for awhile...
I had a dream... I dreamed it for you June... It wasn't for me Herbie... And if it wasn't for me, then where would you be, Miss. Gypsy Rose Lee?
Hello Gorgeous
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I was VERY impressed with Tammy's performance. I was a little shaky before the show started, but she pulled through. When she was looking in the mirror in Act II, and said "Mama, I'm a pretty girl", I almost cried.

I haven't had the chance to meet her, but I bet she's really nice!
~*Christa*~ "Don't ya wanna be the life of the party?" Idina Menzel, THE WILD PARTY
Bway_Mill_Fan
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Is the stage door obvious or will i get lost then? how are sundays? are there a lot of people? any help would be great. thanks.
magruder Profile Photomagruder Profile Photo
magruder
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Gypsy Stage Door/ Tammy B. question#12
Posted: 8/6/03 at 5:29pm
You cannot miss the Shubert stage door. It's located in the middle of Shubert Alley and is clearly marked.

Sundays, however, you will not have much luck. There's no show. GYPSY is dark on Sundays.
"Gif me the cobra jool!"
cabarethed
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You can't miss the stage door, it's right next to the posters along the wall...there will be a lot of people there, trust me. Although I'm thinking CJR is a more qualified person to answer this than I am, lol re: re: re: re: Gypsy Stage Door/ Tammy B. question
Bway_Mill_Fan
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
It's not on Sundays?!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! i'm devastated! when is Gypsy on then?ugh!
magruder Profile Photomagruder Profile Photo
magruder
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Monday and Tuesday at 8:00 PM, Wednesday at 2:00 and 8:00 PM, Thursday and Friday at 8:00 PM, Saturday at 2:00 and 8:00 PM. Dark on Sunday.

"Gif me the cobra jool!"
CJR
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Gypsy Stage Door/ Tammy B. question#16
Posted: 8/6/03 at 7:27pm
Oooh boy -- I'm getting a reputation now aren't I? lol Gypsy Stage Door/ Tammy B. question Yes, the Shubert Stage Door is right in Shubert Alley and is clearly marked. It's actually a brass door with a large brass plaque on it which says "Shubert Stage Door." It's right before the theatre gift shop in the alley.

And yes, there is more than one way to get into the backstage of the Shubert. But Tammy is very nice and incredibly approachable. Often times you can find her out in the alley (sitting by the Charlie O's building) having her lunch before the matinee. I watched a young boy in the alley today before the matinee (as I was waiting for a friend to go to lunch) who was absolutley astounded at how the castmembers came and went and hung out in the alley talking to people. He finally got up the nerve and asked Tammy for her autograph and she was all smiles :)

And yes, (as it's already been stated) it's true Gypsy is dark on Sundays Gypsy Stage Door/ Tammy B. question

Bwaybabie Profile PhotoBwaybabie Profile Photo
Bwaybabie
Understudy
Understudy
re: Gypsy Stage Door/ Tammy B. question#17
Posted: 8/6/03 at 9:27pm
Hi everyone..I'm a new poster here.

I saw Gypsy a few months ago at a matinee and met both Tammy Blanchard and John Dossett at the stage door.

Tammy was a total sweetie...you won't regret waiting around to meet her. Can you believe that she's 26? I thought she was younger.

Maya
TheaterBaby Profile PhotoTheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You can also sometimes catch Tammy outside during intermission; however I would never approach an actor during intermission. They only get a 15-20 minute break as it is.
That entire cast is totally nice and all very approachable.
"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~
BillyLawlor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I got to talk to Tammy and ask her questions as part of a celebrity lunch we had with Camp Broadway. She's hysterical, and very, very nice. I think I'm in love with her.
CJR
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Billy -- were you there this past Wednesday? I know the camp broadway kids were there for the matinee on Wed as I was at the Shubert visiting a friend that afternoon. If by any weird chance you were out in the alley before the show, I was standing by the stage door -- white tank top and black pinstripe dress pants :)

BillyLawlor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yes, I was there! I was the one waiting outside with the girl with the incredibly big curly hair. She actualy tried to sneak inside, but got kicked out-lol. I was waiting around for a while, but I didn't see you.
CJR
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think I may have seen you... I was out there from about 12:40 till 1:15pm waiting for my friend from the theatre.... I was leaning against the barricades by the stage door.

BillyLawlor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well, we werent there during that period. We were there from 9-9:40, and than after the show.
CJR
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Gypsy Stage Door/ Tammy B. question#24
Posted: 8/9/03 at 8:30pm
Ah okay, there was another guy/girl pair who fit your description around lunch time. Though, I did walk through on my way to Starbucks that morning (around that time)... could have passed you then and didn't even realize it Gypsy Stage Door/ Tammy B. question