Page: 1

"The most anti-gay administration in the history of the gay rights movement"

FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This according to The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force.
Link
Chat with the groan-ups: https://twitter.com/NamoInExile
Matt_G Profile PhotoMatt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That mixed with the fact that Bush is gaining popularity terrifies me. What can we, as a community, do if this man is re elected this fall?
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
Mattio98
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Glebb Profile PhotoGlebb Profile Photo
Glebb
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I've donated money to Kerry, but it can't stop there. We've all got to convince our family and friends to vote Kerry.
" ...the happiness in the tune convinces me that I'm not afraid."
BlueWizard Profile PhotoBlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Move to Canada. We let you marry up here, and in the past year the sky has not fallen thus far.

The United States is becoming a very, very dark place....
BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."
StickToPriest Profile PhotoStickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Besides questioning the sanity of the American public for allowing it to happen?
"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.
Mattio98
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
But on a more serious note, I'm seriously frightened about what this man could do with Republicans dominating Congress and when he doesn't have to worry about re-election. I think he'll really go to town with his conservative initiatives. And if he succeeds, he'll set this nation's progress back indefinitely.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Here's what I have been saying to my wealthy-by-marriage Republican sister who really just wants very easy answers to all of life's multifaceted and complicated issues. And let's face it, that's what the Republicans offer. Easy answers to complicated issues.

But I have tried to make her see that her daughters and granddaughters could very well end up with fewer and fewer reproductive choices as the years go by if W gets to appoint any Supreme Court Justices. (And if you think the Christian right wants to stop at abortion, you've got another thing coming! Or not!)

And I've tried to get her to see that the current administration has sent very clear signals that it does not value the life of her gay brother or his brothers and sisters in the gay and lesbian community. If you don't believe me, you should see what the administration has done to gut HIV prevention services and messages for gay men, gay American citizens who pay their taxes just like everybody else.

These points seem to be working. By personalizing the issue to people they can relate to in their own lives, I think you can help them see that they should look a bit deeper than their own wallets when making voting choices.
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Get my family to vote for Kerry??!!! Now THAT's comedy!!
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If musicals have taught us anything, it's that anything is possible.
nystateomind04 Profile Photonystateomind04 Profile Photo
nystateomind04
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I know what you mean, Rathnait62. I've been trying, but even getting them to consider the idea that Bush isn't holy is too much for some of them.