Page: 1

RNC question

TheGirlinTheFrock Profile PhotoTheGirlinTheFrock Profile Photo
TheGirlinTheFrock
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RNC question#0
Posted: 8/27/04 at 5:30pm
I am about to go in to the city (from jersey), are they starting to set up for the RNC? If so, will this affect the time i get in there? Thanks.
Though scattered and divided we are still its heart...AIDA SEPTEMBER 5th, 2004...one more longing backward glance... I AM NOW "TGIF!"
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: rnc question#1
Posted: 8/27/04 at 5:52pm
depends on where you're going. give yourself a little extra time.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
SamIAm Profile PhotoSamIAm Profile Photo
SamIAm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: rnc question#2
Posted: 8/27/04 at 8:59pm
Yes there are already protests, street and subway closings and bus line closings.

You can forget getting into the city without adding another hour or two onto your commute from now through 9/2
"Life is a lesson in humility"
TheGirlinTheFrock Profile PhotoTheGirlinTheFrock Profile Photo
TheGirlinTheFrock
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: rnc question#3
Posted: 8/28/04 at 2:37pm
Thanks for your help. You can definately tell they are getting ready for the RNC. I have never seen more cops in my life. They must have had 5 precincts in Penn Station alone! And the barricades they had ready to line up - wow. Glad i dont have any plans to go into the city between now and when its over. They had 34th completely blocked off next to Madison Square Garden, I am assuming this is in preperation for a protest I heard was supposed to go on today. But i got where i needed to go in time, I guess all is well. It was definatly a sight to see though.
Though scattered and divided we are still its heart...AIDA SEPTEMBER 5th, 2004...one more longing backward glance... I AM NOW "TGIF!"