Broadway Legend
Tomato War#0
Posted: 8/25/04 at 9:08am
I love spain!
better than bullfighting!!!!!!!!!!!
This has been today:

Tomato War Tomato War
Tomato War

for most of the year Bunol is a ho-hum industrial town, 40km (25mi) from the Andulasian capital of Valencia, quietly going about its own business. But come the last Wednesday of August, the town's streets turns into a salsa riot, with over 20,000 revellers pelting each other with large, red, squishy tomatoes.
The standard uniform is an old T-shirt, old shorts and eye goggles. T-shirts with bullseyes printed on them are not recommended. Nearly 140 tons of tomatoes are trucked in from around the countryside and the argy-bargy begins with the firing of a rocket. An hour later the end of the festival is announced with the firing of another rocket and the clean up of the tomato-slimed streets begin.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!
SonofMammaMiaSam Profile PhotoSonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Tomato War#1
Posted: 8/25/04 at 9:13am
I love salsa!
BlueWizard Profile PhotoBlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Tomato War#2
Posted: 8/25/04 at 12:11pm
When I see that, I can't help but think of all the starving people in the world, who would have better uses for tomatoes than simply playing in them.
BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."
midtowngym Profile Photomidtowngym Profile Photo
midtowngym
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Tomato War#3
Posted: 8/25/04 at 1:56pm
Yeah Pol, you're straight. These pix are one (tiny) step away from the go-go boy oil wrestling matches i see at my queer watering hole. I know, you'll say you're just trying to make your BWW gay boys smile, and I for one, thank you!
'The Devil be hitting me!'--Whitney Houston
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Tomato War#4
Posted: 8/25/04 at 3:08pm
Just saw footage of that on CNN.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien