Page: 1

Someone stole "The Scream"! AAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

BlueWizard Profile PhotoBlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."
Matt_G Profile PhotoMatt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Not only is that incredibly sad, but it just made me want to watch THE THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR, which I am now doing.
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
SMichaelK Profile PhotoSMichaelK Profile Photo
SMichaelK
Stand-by
Stand-by
Well at least there are idiots out there like that, who deromanticize grand larceny of valuable artifacts and art pieces. With so many movies out there about the subject... Wow, way to pull a smash and grab on over a million dollars of art... *Rolls Eyes*
You, you are the worst thing to happen to musical theater since Andrew Lloyd Webber... and you I just don't like you.
ponine24601
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
omg that's so horrible! i hope that they get it back.
"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon
NYadgal Profile PhotoNYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I always wonder what the art thieves think they can do with the art - they can't possibly sell it.

Thomas Crown - very good movie selection!
"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."
BlueWizard
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They can hold it for ransom.

It's sad - "The Scream" is one of my favourite paintings - but at least there are 2 other versions out there. I'm just surprised that they were able to do it so easily in broad daylight. Not like the uber-cool antics of "The Thomas Crown Affair" at all.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!
BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."
Updated On: 8/22/04 at 05:52 PM
NYadgal Profile PhotoNYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If I'm not mistaken, this is the second time The Scream (or one of the paintings of The Scream - I believe there are more than one) has been stolen. The first time the painting was, miraculously, returned.
"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."
POLisPOL Profile PhotoPOLisPOL Profile Photo
POLisPOL
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
OK guys,
I'm back from a quick travel to oslo, and I want to propose an exchange. I have a nice painting that I get in oslo, but has an autograph (it says munch or wathever) in the lower part of the painting and I want to exchange for a cd of adam pascal without any autograph on it.
re: Someone stole 'The Scream'!  AAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!
Plum
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sure they can sell it, if they have a well-off buyer who doesn't care much for ethics and wants it for their private collection. The art world is full of stories like that.
BlueWizard
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yeah, like Undiscovered wrote, it was stolen and then the thieves were caught. It was another version of "The Scream" (done on paper), and it was stolen the day of the Olympic opening ceremonies.

I wonder why people keep stealing "The Scream". Maybe some secretive baron overlord guy has a scheme out there.
NightLaughs Profile PhotoNightLaughs Profile Photo
NightLaughs
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
*gasps* NO!!!

That is simply horrible. re: Someone stole 'The Scream'!  AAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!! What's going to be stolen next?... Seriously, any takers?

And a small part of me would really like to know how they pulled it off.
If you limit your choices to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise."- Robert Fritz
BlueWizard
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They just walked in the front door with a gun and pulled the two paintings off the wall, then ran out the door and into a stolen car. It wasn't very ingenious.
Jon
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
For the time being, couldn't they hire Macauley Culkin to stand there and strike the pose?t
Jon
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
For the time being, couldn't they hire Macauley Culkin to stand there and strike the pose?
KMF_NYC Profile PhotoKMF_NYC Profile Photo
KMF_NYC
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I was in Norway last month and got to see this -- it is really something in person...2 times in 10 years, man the Norwegians must be mortified...
"Sir K, the Viscount of Uppity-shire...." -- kissmycookie
SonofMammaMiaSam Profile PhotoSonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Has Orion been to Norway in the past week?
EddieVarley Profile PhotoEddieVarley Profile Photo
EddieVarley
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
OH BOY, I thought somebody swiped Phantee's beloved "Ahhhhhhhhhh" for a second there!
Are you following BroadwayWorld.com yet on Facebook & Twitter? click here.
orion59 Profile Photoorion59 Profile Photo
orion59
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Somms, thanks for thinking of me in terms of grand larceny. LOL.

I actually do love that painting.
http://www.danperezgallery.com
Updated On: 8/23/04 at 09:20 AM