Norah Jones

junglered Profile Photojunglered Profile Photo
junglered
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Norah Jones#0
Posted: 8/15/04 at 1:35pm
Hello All!

Last night was a wonderful one at Atlanta's Chastain Park Ampitheatre. The evening temperature was cool for the menthol-cool stylings of singer-songwriter Norah Jones. The sold-out crowd was enthralled by this relative newcomer who possesses a mature, ethereal voice which is unique but at the same time reminds some of a mellow Bonnie Raitt or Rickie Lee Jones. Norah was joined onstage with her Handsome Band and gave the audience a nice serving of her special blend of music which has touches of pop, country, bluegrass, and jazz in it. The diverse audience loved her! Norah opened with "What Am I To You" from her sophomore effort 'Feels Like Home'. She then played "Nightingale" from her multi-Grammy winning debut CD 'Come Away With Me'. She carried on a nice banter with the audience and seemed enthralled with the beauty of the candles illuminating the outdoor seating area. She even busted a guy seated at a table close to the stage for licking a plate of brownies during one of her songs! You could have heard the proverbial pin drop when Norah sang her version of the Hoagy Carmichael classic "The Nearness of You". Norah romped through selections from her 2 CDs including "Turn Me On", "Feelin The Same Way", "Humble Me" and "Creepin In", and received a huge roar for her mega-hits "Don't Know Why" and "Come Away With Me" carefully tucked away toward the end of her concert. The audience didn't let Norah get away too far as she came back for a three song encore which included my personal favorite "Painter Song" from her debut CD. As I drained my last glass of wine for the evening, I felt sure that Ms. Jones will have a long and promising career.

Who else likes Norah Jones?

-Junglered
Broadwayboobs Profile PhotoBroadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Norah Jones#1
Posted: 8/15/04 at 1:50pm
Excellent review Jungle...you made me feel like I was there. I love Norah too. Thanks again for always sharing your reviews with us. re: Norah Jones
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson
junglered
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Norah Jones#2
Posted: 8/15/04 at 1:57pm
Thanks, Boobs!
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Norah Jones#3
Posted: 8/15/04 at 1:59pm
Lucky you, junglered!
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
junglered
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Norah Jones#4
Posted: 8/15/04 at 2:11pm
Yes, lucky me. It was a great evening!
kissmycookie Profile Photokissmycookie Profile Photo
kissmycookie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Norah Jones#5
Posted: 8/15/04 at 11:59pm
I adore Norah too. But I decided to skip her concert at Jones Beach, because I didn't think it's a venue that would suit her. Way too big and certainly not intimate. Would have preferred if she played the Beacon like she did last year. That was heaven, especially sitting third row center.

But glad to hear that you had an awesome time!
Updated On: 8/16/04 at 11:59 PM
StickToPriest Profile PhotoStickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Norah Jones#6
Posted: 8/16/04 at 12:07am
I am in love with her. Can't wait to see her Oct 18 here in her hometown of Dallas!
"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.
shira467 Profile Photoshira467 Profile Photo
shira467
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Norah Jones#7
Posted: 8/16/04 at 4:39am
I saw her at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles. She was simply wonderful. It's great when there can just be music. No flashy lights or costume changes. Just music.
Deet: Shira, I Love You!
WiCkEd4LyFfE
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Norah Jones#8
Posted: 8/16/04 at 11:16am
i like Norah a lot. her music is so calming. Everyone calls her Snorah Jones because her voice makes people drowsy.
*Kristen*