Mamma Mia Tour 1

broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Mamma Mia Tour 1#0
Posted: 7/11/03 at 7:41pm
Hey, I was wondering if anyone has seen the new replacements on the first National Tour of Mamma Mia.
Here is the current cast list

Sophie Sheridan CHILINA KENNEDY
Ali EMY BAYSIC
Lisa KAREN BURTHWRIGHT
Tanya CYNTHIA SOPHIEA
Rosie ROSALYN RAHN KERINS
Donna Sheridan DEE HOTY
Sky P.J. GRIFFITH
Pepper PHILLIP NERO
Eddie, Understudy: Sky JOE PAPARELLA
Harry Bright MICHAEL DEVRIES
Bill Austin CRAIG BENNETT
Sam Carmichael GARY LYNCH
Father Alexandrios Understudy: Bill Austin/Harry Bright MILO SHANDEL

Ensemble:

KIM CRAVEN Dance Captain, Swing
JENNIFER DINOIA Ensemble, Understudy: Ali
CODY GREEN Ensemble
LORI HALEY FOX Ensemble, Understudy: Donna/Tanya/Rosie
AMBER KRZYS Ensemble
MELANIE MERKOSKY Swing, Understudy: Lisa
DANIEL JASON O'KEEFE Swing
LISA RICHARD Ensemble, Understudy Donna, Tanya, Rosie
JAMES ROYCE EDWARDS Ensemble, Understudy Sky, Eddie
JESSICA RUSH Ensemble, Understudy Sophie, Ali
ANETTE MICHELLE SANDERS Ensemble, Understudy Rosie
ELIZABETH SHARE Ensemble, Understudy: Sophie/Lisa
IAN SIMPSON Ensemble, Understudy: Harry/Bill/Sam/Father Alexandrios
JASON SNOW Swing Understudy: Pepper
MICHAEL TORONTOW Ensemble, Understudy: Sky
DEVON TULLOCK Ensemble Understudy: Pepper/Eddie
SHAWN WRIGHT Ensemble, Understudy: Bill/Sam

New pricipals are ::
Chilina Kennedy :: Sophie (former understudy for the role. She was moved up just like Michelle Aravena who replaced Tina Maddigan on the tour)
Cythia Sophiea ::Tanya
Rosalyn Rahn Kerins ::Rosie
PJ Griffith :: Sky
Phillip Nero :: Pepper (former swing/Dance Captain in the Canadian cast)
Micheal DeVries :: Harry Bright (not sure how lond he has been with the cast)

I haven't seen it since Hoty and Aravena first took over for Pitre and Maddigan. Any thoughts on the new cast, or even pst replacement such as Ryan Silverman as Sky??

Also any links to photos of the new cast??

Here is a link to the website of Lisa Richard, who understudies Donna, Tanya, and Rosie. This page has backstage photos of here in costume as Donna and Tanya.
Lisa Richard
peapod
Swing
Swing
re: Mamma Mia Tour 1#1
Posted: 9/9/03 at 2:10am
I was just looking for info on Tour 1 and I saw your posting. I joined the show when we had the big cast changeover, and I have a website too. I don't have many pics from the show because they are very particular about taking photos in costume, but I do have various pictures of the cities we visit and some of the things we do. I just put up some photos of Dee's farewell party and different shots of Chicago. It's mainly a personal website though so there's lots of pics of me, my wife and our dog. We're all on tour together and having a great time. Spread the word if ya like. Hope to see ya there. www.jamesroyceedwards.com
BoxOfficeJon Profile PhotoBoxOfficeJon Profile Photo
BoxOfficeJon
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Mamma Mia Tour 1#2
Posted: 9/9/03 at 7:23am
I liked Dee's Donna when I saw her.
...this is wrong on so many levels... Diane Lane in "Must Love Dogs" "If you have poo, now is the time to fling it" -- The Monkey's from Madagascar
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Mamma Mia Tour 1#3
Posted: 9/9/03 at 7:39am
Your dog is adorable, James. A lot of people are smalldogphobes, but not I.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
BoxOfficeJon Profile PhotoBoxOfficeJon Profile Photo
BoxOfficeJon
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: Mamma Mia Tour 1#4
Posted: 9/9/03 at 7:52am
I have two little dogs too.
Havanese Dogs. (Roxie and Velma)
...this is wrong on so many levels... Diane Lane in "Must Love Dogs" "If you have poo, now is the time to fling it" -- The Monkey's from Madagascar
emmamia Profile Photoemmamia Profile Photo
emmamia
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: re: re: re: re: Mamma Mia Tour 1#5
Posted: 9/9/03 at 10:15am
i am seeing tour 1 next weekend when i go to chicago and am excited for the new cast!!!!!!!!

oh who is playing Donna until Jeanine steps on???
~*~ Little Boys Who Play With Fire Get Their Fingers Burned ~*~ Tanya (Mamma Mia)
Updated On: 9/9/03 at 10:15 AM
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: Mamma Mia Tour 1#6
Posted: 9/9/03 at 10:21am
There is a tour 2, so why is tour 1 still running? Please explain the national tour situation with me.
CCM '10!
emmamia
Leading Actor
Leading Actor

tour 1 plays a large city (chicago, LA, Philly, Boston) for a long time like a month or two ...

tour 2 has been playing smaller cities (Dallas, Salt Lake, Costa Mesa, Tuscon) for a short period of time usually like two weeks or so

~*~ Little Boys Who Play With Fire Get Their Fingers Burned ~*~ Tanya (Mamma Mia)
Amneris Profile PhotoAmneris Profile Photo
Amneris
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i auditioned at an open call with jennifer in tour 1.. i think she was like the ONLY girl to get cast out of hundreds.
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Gabrielle Jones, who originted Rosie in Toronto and on Tour 1 and understudied Donna is in the role until Morrick joins the tour.

Why is attrcativeness wasted on heterosexual men??? re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Mamma Mia Tour 1
Updated On: 9/9/03 at 01:29 PM
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks! That makes sense now.
CCM '10!
TxTwoStep Profile PhotoTxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i liked Hoty as Donna as well in Boston. Namo, do you know Dan Butler's THE ONLY THING WORSE? he has a great riff on small dogs and their need to be kicked *grin*
Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hoty was good. Lund was better.
Here_I_Go_Again
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
i really LOVED Dee Hoty as donna as well as Monique Lund. They both bring a special twist to the part. I saw Gabrielle Jones as Rosie in tour 1 several times.. 44 to be exact and she was WONDERFUL. i also saw her as u/s Donna twice and she did great. She really did not look like a donna at first but she has an amazing set up pipes on her!!!! All three of these gals are REALLY talented and VERY sweeeeet off stage.
TheaterBaby Profile PhotoTheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Mamma Mia Tour 1#14
Posted: 9/17/03 at 2:46pm
I don't know that I could ever accept anyone in the role of Donna other than Louise. As far as I'm concerned, she's the best! I'm so upset that the Broadway cast never recorded a cd. re: re: re: Mamma Mia Tour 1
"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~
Here_I_Go_Again
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: re: Mamma Mia Tour 1#15
Posted: 9/17/03 at 2:53pm
Louise is VERY talented. i saw her first before i saw the other donna's. They all play the role entirely different, but with the same motives... And i to wish they would have made an OBC of MAMMA MIA... I HATE THE CD THAT IS OUT
Here_I_Go_Again
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: re: re: Mamma Mia Tour 1#16
Posted: 9/17/03 at 2:57pm
As an overall all ensemble I prefer the tours (1 and 2) better than the broadway cast. My option only… Has anyone seen Mary Ellen Mahonay as Tanya… she is BY far the best Tanya I have EVER seen
emmamia
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: re: re: re: re: re: Mamma Mia Tour 1#17
Posted: 9/17/03 at 3:15pm
have to beg to differ .... Karen Mason is the best Tanya ... I saw Mary Ellen also ... she was funny but there was nothing like Karen Mason as Tanya ...
Here_I_Go_Again
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I agree that karren is beyond talented, but when i saw her she just screemed Norma Desmond to me. maybe its cause i also saw her as norma, and then her matched with judy kaye...muffff. i think judy was mis cast for this part and was suprised that she has stayed this long...she was outstanding in RAGTIME but dancing queen is just not her song. Joe and tina are great. both wonderful people on and off stge.
emmamia
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
i saw karen as norma also but when she was Tanya i didnt see any resemblance to her norma ... i agree about judy thou, she is a very talented person but mamma mia just didnt seem to be her thing. She always gave the same performance and never really varied it like the others did

I'm sad to see Tina go but she needs to move on before she is a 40 year old Sophie!!! She has great talent, a great voice and a wonderful personality .. I would love to see her on MadTV or SNL!!!
dotmarie Profile Photodotmarie Profile Photo
dotmarie
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
When I saw it, Lori Haley Fox was on for Dee Hoty, and I remember being incredibly impressed by her. Great voice, and she totally embodied the character. I'll be following the projects she does in the future for sure.

Same performance, I saw Chilina Kennedy, who was an understudy at the time...she was fine, I'm glad to see she got moved up.
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Lori Haley Fox was in the original London cast if I am not mistaken.
dotmarie Profile Photodotmarie Profile Photo
dotmarie
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Yes, I believe she was. I remember her bio saying something about returning to the show. And she understudied Donna in London too, didn't she?
Here_I_Go_Again
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Lori is by far the GREATEST undestudy i have Ever seen for the show. I have seen her as Donna, Rosie and Tanya...(1 time all in one weekened)She IS Sooooo Great and her voice has an amazing range for donna. I was suprised not to see her take over the role but its in good hands with gabby..Chilina is also amazing. She took over for michelle. She was in the original london cast (Lori that is)
BwayLover Profile PhotoBwayLover Profile Photo
BwayLover
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ehh..I beg to differ. Just my personal opinion- but I saw Gabrielle Jones as Donna about two weeks ago and thought she was HORRIBLE. She didn't have the charisma, looks or talent it takes to pull off Donna, and she just failed to move me. It actually was so bad, I laughed during SOS (Well, to be honest, that was also because of the the very nasal Gary Lynch as Sam- God only knows why he's stayed on for so long, he is the worst singer I've ever seen and he makes Sam such a nasty character, but that's another topic). During "Winner" she just stood there...trying really hard... so yeah, she hit the nots- but she wasn't acting!!

I may be biased because I love Louise so much... And I may have sounded a bit harsh...But I really thought she was the worst Donna I'd ever seen. Just my two cents.
"Years from now, when you talk about this - And you will - Be kind. "