Really Really Stupid Things You've Done

ponine24601
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
omg that stinks. this isn't THAT stupid, but it's embarrassing. I was running trying to catch my baby cousin (i was babysitting) and i walked straight into the screen door. haha. that was fun.
"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon
TheQuibbler Profile PhotoTheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's funny because I've left me keys in my car while it was running before (like, 2 days ago). I never locked the keys in, though.
Menken Fan Profile PhotoMenken Fan Profile Photo
Menken Fan
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Yesterday, I left my cell phone on the roof of the car when I left for work. I drove about a mile, then reached out and grabbed it. Luckily, it stayed put. Embarassing...
LadyGuenevere
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A couple of days ago, I was practicing backing out from a parking spot (we have a lot in our development) when a stupid car hit the gas and was already 2 feet from hitting me.

I wanted to get back into the parking spot to avoid getting hit, but I stupidly forgot that I was still in reverse, hit the gas, and went flying back. And that driver went crazy. I don't blame them.

Oh boy, am I never going to learn how to drive correctly.
Updated On: 8/6/04 at 10:36 PM
marlomanners
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
I drove my car into a light pole in an empty parking lot because I decided to park closer, and didn't realize that the first space I pulled into was right next to the pole.
www.isawearthlings.com
CATSNYrevival Profile PhotoCATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Let's just say there are a few people in this world with Polaroids that I now regret having taken of me... but, only a little re: Really Really Stupid Things You've Done
Zola Q. LaPlaya Profile PhotoZola Q. LaPlaya Profile Photo
Zola Q. LaPlaya
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This board doesn't have enough bandwidth for me to answer this properly.
Stop worrying about what I'm doing -- focus instead on what you're eating.
luvtheEmcee Profile PhotoluvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm going to second Zola's response... but Undiscovered, yours made me laugh... a lot. re: Really Really Stupid Things You've Done
A work of art is an invitation to love.
POLisPOL Profile PhotoPOLisPOL Profile Photo
POLisPOL
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I just found an embarassing moments gallery very apropiate for this thread:
http://www.muchosucko.com/gallery41.html
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!
insomniak
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I've been known to run into walls. I just walk right into things.
spiderdj82 Profile Photospiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I locked my keys in my car tonight. I do that ALL THE TIME. I need to get one of those cars that do not lock when the keys are in the egnition (sp?)
"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yeah---I had an old car that made NO noise while running. One very exhausting morning, I left the keys in the locked car--with it running--for 7 HOURS! Thank God for wire hangers and a full tank of gas. I felt like an idiot on so many levels that afternoon!!
POLisPOL
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
When I was younger, I worked on a tv station as regidor (in spain the "regidor" is the man who tells to the people on the stage what's happening in the master control room, I don't know the name in english) well, I was in a program with some black people as guests... and I was repeating everything the director said to me by the intercoms.... and as a joke the director instead saying "we're going to fade TO black and start" he said (in spanish, the translation losts a lot) something like "we're going to fade all black people and start" (in spanish the phrase is very similar) so... I repeated that without thinking with a loud voice...
Updated On: 8/7/04 at 12:10 AM
spiderdj82
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
that's awesome Polis
"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2
millie_dillmount Profile Photomillie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I've done so many stupid things (who hasn't?) but here is one:

I usually jump down from the top of my stairs (only 6 stairs), but I hold on the railing as a jump. One time I didn't hold onto the railing and I hit my head on the overhang. Luckily, I didn't have a concussion.
"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
POLisPOL
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
oh! I remembered another one!
as a tv cameraman I was in a concert, with a handheld camera inside the stage, I was live on tv and started to walk without looking at the floor and I fell off the stage in front of 5000 people who started to laugh!
If I can find the video of the concert, I will post the image... it's really... funny?
re: Really Really Stupid Things You've Done
jonartdesigns Profile Photojonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i fell off a strage backwards in front of 3 girls i was actively trying to impress while lowering a projector screen. in doing so i sprained my ankle the day before spring break
My Icon "Swiney" the Swine Flu Mascot- art by me. "Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel
Broadwayboobs Profile PhotoBroadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
OK..one Christmas morning I was getting ready to go to my Mom's house to celebrate with the whole family, I was packing the car and put all the gifts on the roof of the car and went back inside to get the food I was bringing....well I put the food in the car and guess I was so excited to get going that I forgot I had all the presents on the roof still. I'm on the highway and I hear cars honking behind me and when I look in my rearview mirror I see all my beautifully wrapped presents flying off the hood. Luckily I retrieved all of them and nothing was broken except the wrapping. The way my family opens gifts it really didn't matter. Now that was really stupid !!!
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson
millie_dillmount
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
One time when I was younger, I was climbing on my dresser. Somehow I slipped, and I hit my chin. Then I noticed something was crunching in my mouth and I swallowed it. Turns out it was a very small piece of my tooth - I had chipped it on the dresser when I hit my chin.
"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
PJ
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well, I locked my keys in the car when I was about an hour away from home. My parents then had to drive an hour to come unlock the door. Needless to say, they were not please.

I trip all the time going up stairs as well. I don't walk, I jog up them, and sometimes my foot catches on a step and a fall flat on my face. I've spilled quite a few drinks and bowls of pop corn that way.
millie_dillmount
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I've been in instances where I have been walking, but then I just daydream and stare, but my mind isn't there. Then, I just miss walking into something.
spiderdj82
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
OUCH!!!! The first day of College, I had the top bunk and had my alarm clock at the foot of my bed. When it went off in the morning, I thought I was at home (where the alarm clock is sitting a few inches from my bed, to the left of me. I reached over to turn it off, swung a little too hard, and fell off the top bunk.
Updated On: 8/7/04 at 01:19 AM
Sumofallthings Profile PhotoSumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The most prevalent in my mind is the period of time where I took the postings on this board seriously.
BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"
~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo
~FloweryFriend~
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Too long of a story to post...

Basically, I had to run out of my car for a very brief period of time (like 10 seconds), so I just put it in park and exited...
When I came back, it was gone.

Turns out, I'd accidentally put it in Neutral, and it had rolled into a forest.
That was embarrassing.
I starred in a short film called Magnetic Personality. Check it out!
millie_dillmount
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Flowery: Lol. re: Really Really Stupid Things You've Done

One time, I wanted to try on a shirt at a clothing store and was in a hurry. I walk back to the dressing room and ask the guy standing by the doors, "Can I try this on?". Turns out he didn't work there. He was just standing there, apparantly waiting for his girlfriend.
Updated On: 8/7/04 at 02:43 AM