Page: 1

good cd rendition of "What Kind of Fool Am I?"

I'm looking for a good cd recording rendition of "What Kind of Fool Am I?" from Stop the World I Want To Get Off. It doesn't hafta be on the Cast recording. It could be a solo artist' cd.

I know Linda Eder's is amazing, but I'm looking for the best male rendition. I heard the original cast rendition and he has a strong accent. If anyone knows please reply. good cd rendition of
scooter38432 Profile Photoscooter38432 Profile Photo
scooter38432
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I'm not sure of any male singers who've recorded "What Kind of Fool Am I", but I'm sure you'll find someone like Frank Sinatra or Tony Bennett versions out there somewhere.

On the female front, Shirley Bassey does a terrific version of it.
Itty Bitty Geisha? Toyland? Gypsy Pasadoble? Just a few popular favorites...
Updated On: 7/8/03 at 03:50 PM
ChrisLovesShows Profile PhotoChrisLovesShows Profile Photo
ChrisLovesShows
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
There is a good recording database at http://www.allmusic.com. Do a search under "songs" for 'What King of Fool Am I?' There are almost 200 entries. All kinds of male vocalists recorded it including Robert Goulet, Marvin Gaye, Sammy Davis Jr., Perry Como, and Frank Sinatra.

I know that doesn't help you find the "best," but maybe you can find some of those versions online or on CD at the library.
"Do you know ChrisLovesShows?" "Yes. Why, yes he does!"
Belter
Stand-by
Stand-by
I did the show in college ...#3
Posted: 7/8/03 at 11:17pm
.... and of all the versions I've heard, the two best from non-show versions are Frank Sinatra's and Sammy Davis, Jr.'s versions. ... with Sammy's being just a little more poignant, IMO
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: I did the show in college ...#4
Posted: 7/9/03 at 2:39pm
thank u all for the info! re: I did the show in college ...
Victoria Grant Profile PhotoVictoria Grant Profile Photo
Victoria Grant
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: I did the show in college ...#5
Posted: 7/9/03 at 4:16pm
I have the CD of Sammy Davis Jrs version of What Kind of Fool am I it's on his greatest hits Cd What a version it is.