Page: 1

Kerry..............

BroadwayBaby4
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Kerry..............#0
Posted: 7/29/04 at 10:18pm
ROCKS..............( or at least is better than the other choice !)
aspiringguy715 Profile Photoaspiringguy715 Profile Photo
aspiringguy715
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Kerry..............#1
Posted: 7/29/04 at 10:20pm
Agreed, watching the convention now.
Joel: Nope. Osidius, right there, swoop and cross.
Clementine: Shut the fuck up!
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: kerry..............#2
Posted: 7/29/04 at 10:21pm
who? nader? maybe so, but not by much. i'll stick with gw.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
starfromafar Profile Photostarfromafar Profile Photo
starfromafar
Understudy
Understudy
re: kerry..............#3
Posted: 7/29/04 at 10:41pm
Does Kerry slightly remind anyone else of Abe Lincoln??
Shut It Down Profile PhotoShut It Down Profile Photo
Shut It Down
Understudy
Understudy
re: kerry..............#4
Posted: 7/30/04 at 8:05am
I didn't have high expectations for him following Clinton, Obama and Edwards, but he rose to the occasion and delivered the speech of his life. Hit the right notes. Called the Repubs out but kept the tone positive. Loved the "Attorney General that will uphold the Constitution". Ashcroft will go down as the worst AG in modern U.S. history.
Help send off Ashcroft in style.
NYadgal Profile PhotoNYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: kerry..............#5
Posted: 7/30/04 at 10:32am
Serious question -
do you think Kerry would support the Shut it Down effort?

It's not very 'positive'.
"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."
Auggie27 Profile PhotoAuggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: kerry..............#6
Posted: 7/30/04 at 11:10am
You actors out there: didn't you think Kerry did a wise thing, performing his speech at (for him) breakneck speed? He's a "measured" speaker. Setting the metronome at a higher speed gave him more energy than he's had at the podium in months. Yeah, yeah, we all heard he had his eye on the clock, but don't kid yourself that it was all to be done by eleven; the delivery was a tactical choice, and clearly about more than time. None of the networks would've cut away at eleven (as Tom Brokaw said ad nauseum). I'm sure he has a speech coach, and I think -- actors, back me -- the use of that quickened momentum gave him an urgency he too often lacks. Riding through the applause lines also gave him a sense of passion i.e. I've gotta get this out, 'cause it matters! Just wait, hear this! Waiting for applause--Clintonian technique--backfires, making Kerry look "formal" and even smug. Somehow, it seems less egotistical when you don't wait for the cheers, no? Again, urgency can be very useful to this man.
"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
Updated On: 7/30/04 at 11:10 AM
robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: kerry..............#7
Posted: 7/30/04 at 11:14am
Absolutely, Auggie.

Watching him ride the applause was fascinating last night. At first, he seemed quite thrown by it and unsure when to go on. But as he progressed, he learned how to ride it, when to pause, when to speak over it...it's a difficult thing to do.

He did very well...and more than impressed, I was inspired by him...which is not something I was expecting.
"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."
Plum
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: kerry..............#8
Posted: 7/30/04 at 2:33pm
I hate Ashcroft as much as the next person, but he didn't take the Constitutionally incorrect stance on every issure. Just most of them.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: kerry..............#9
Posted: 7/30/04 at 2:42pm
And also, he one crazy mofo. I mean, crazy. Let us not forget the eight grand he spent on a drape to cover the visible breast on the statue of justice. As Sonny used to say on the Coco Puffs commercial, "Ehhhh-cuckoo, ehhh-cuckoo."
Chat with the groan-ups: https://twitter.com/NamoInExile
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: kerry..............#10
Posted: 7/30/04 at 3:03pm
namo, i demand that you provide your sourse information for the drape story as it has been discounted

here:
http://www.keepmedia.com/pubs/USNewsWorldReport/2004/01/26/356915?page=3

here:
http://www.freep.com/news/latestnews/pm7180_20020129.htm

you tell that beverly lumpkin to mind her own beeswax!

but i think the people who really should be held accountable are the people in congress who voted away all of our freedoms by singing on to the patriot act. i mean really, those are the real criminals, people who signed onto a bill just to look tough at a moment when they wanted to look tough. there's nothing worse than playing politics with civil liberties. people who were willing to sign onto something like the patriot act should probably be disqualified from higher office.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Zola Q. LaPlaya Profile PhotoZola Q. LaPlaya Profile Photo
Zola Q. LaPlaya
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: kerry..............#11
Posted: 7/30/04 at 3:05pm
The singing of the Patriot Act bothered me less than Senators signing off on it based on hyperbole and lies told to them by the Bush Administration.

Are you opposed to the Patriot Act, Papa?
Stop worrying about what I'm doing -- focus instead on what you're eating.
Plum
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: kerry..............#12
Posted: 7/30/04 at 3:08pm
I have to semi-agree with you there, papa. But the crime belongs to the hawkish, bullying administration as well as the spineless Congress. They complement each other.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: kerry..............#13
Posted: 7/30/04 at 3:13pm
i never miss a good chance to make a wildly rhetorical post based on little more than my own desire for hyperbole.

now the folks signing off on it based on lies, doesn't it mean that they weren't doing their jobs to discover that they were being lied to? i mean, if bush was supposed to know that the intelligence was faulty, shouldn't they have at least spent some cursory time checking out the patriot act? or having an aide or two do so?

i actually have very few problems with the patriot act, zola. i read it and the laws that it referenced and although i am a tad squeamish about some of it, on the whole i think that it was necessary to allow the intelligence agencies that failed so miserably to work more efficiently. that said, i would not be opposed to some small changes to make a few things a little harder to abuse. but to toss it out wholecloth i think is tantamount to raising a white flag. i don't think that the constitution is a suicide pact.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort