Page: 1

Question about #3...

MlleDaae Profile PhotoMlleDaae Profile Photo
MlleDaae
Stand-by
Stand-by
Question about #3...#0
Posted: 6/19/03 at 3:41pm
In the weekly quiz, does #3 mean which musical was not made into a movie or which musical plot wise was not created from a movie? Sorru but a little vauge there. Question about #3...

~MlleDaae
"I want to write my words on the face of today."
magruder Profile Photomagruder Profile Photo
magruder
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Question about #3...#1
Posted: 6/19/03 at 6:01pm
A hint:

Two of those shows were adapted from a movie source. One show was a movie musical before becoming a stage musical. The answer they are looking for is the show which was a stage musical before ever becoming a movie.
"Gif me the cobra jool!"
ChrisLovesShows Profile PhotoChrisLovesShows Profile Photo
ChrisLovesShows
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Question about #3...#2
Posted: 6/19/03 at 6:21pm
Magruder is correct. NINE is based on Federico Fellini's movie "8 1/2," while A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC was inspired by the Ingmar Bergman film, "Smiles of a Summer Night." STATE FAIR was a movie musical (1945, remade in 1962) before it was adapted for the stage. (There had also been a non-musical movie version of "State Fair" in 1933.) Oscar Hammerstein II wrote the 1945 screenplay, and it is the only score that Rogers and Hammerstein wrote directly for the screen. The Broadway production of STATE FAIR, starring John Davidson and Andrea McArdle, didn't occur until 1996 and was based upon the movie musical. FLOWER DRUM SONG is the only one of the shows that was not based upon or inspired by a movie. It was instead based upon the novel of the same name by C. Y. Lee. A movie version was released later in 1961.
"Do you know ChrisLovesShows?" "Yes. Why, yes he does!"
Updated On: 6/19/03 at 06:21 PM
MlleDaae Profile PhotoMlleDaae Profile Photo
MlleDaae
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: re: re: Question about #3...#3
Posted: 6/20/03 at 1:42pm
Um...YaY! I got it right!

~MlleDaae
"I want to write my words on the face of today."