Another thing for Bush to be proud of!!

jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Another thing for Bush to be proud of!!#0
Posted: 7/8/04 at 1:46pm
"NAACP spokesman John White said Wednesday that Bush has declined invitations in each year of his presidency -- becoming the first president since Herbert Hoover not to attend an NAACP convention."

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/07/08/bush.naacp.ap/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/07/08/bush.naacp.ap/index.html>http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/07/08/bush.naacp.ap/index.html

Matt_G Profile PhotoMatt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
if he digs his hole any bigger, he'll end up in China. The man truly must have the stupidest people on earth working on his campaign.
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The guy is just a boob.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
sean martin
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
My bet is he's giving up. He's seen the proverbial writing on the wall, and he's dancing out the rest of the campaign just to save what little face he has left.
"That duck was a sexual toy, and it was on display!" -- an unknown Nashville town leader
Plum
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I kind of hope the similarities to Hoover continue. Though it would mean our political cycles are speeding up considerably.

And there's no way on God's green earth Bush is giving up this early in the game. Not happening.
Updated On: 7/8/04 at 03:16 PM
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Actulally, he isn't as dumb as people think.. he is DUMBER. Don't forget he has all the 'intelligent' bozos covering for his redneck bigotted ass now
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You go bg2! Tell it like it is!
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
Plum
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Bush has a certain kind of interpersonal intelligence- social charm and a remarkable memory for names and faces. However, he appears to have the analytical abilities of a 12-year-old.

No, scratch that. My brother's 11 and he sees more nuances than the Bush Administration.
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
he REMEMBERS the names... he just can't pronounce them.
sean martin
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Yeah, I think we call those kind of folks idiots savants. :)
"That duck was a sexual toy, and it was on display!" -- an unknown Nashville town leader
Plum
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well, he's good as long as they're nice Anglo-Saxon names.

Remember when Bush couldn't name two foreign leaders? Now he's knocking Edwards for his inexperience. The guy has gall, that's for sure.
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Remember when Bush couldn't name two foreign leaders?"

Yeah.. he really should have studied for that interview last week...
secret-soul Profile Photosecret-soul Profile Photo
secret-soul
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
seriously, though....it's not like it was a pop quiz...he's the friggin leader of the country. geeeeezzz
Plince! Plince! Nein! T-Rex!!
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
you mean "leader".. don't forget the quotations... LOL.
Broadwaybaby614 Profile PhotoBroadwaybaby614 Profile Photo
Broadwaybaby614
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
HAHA bwayguy2...ou are absolutely right...

WHY do I have the feeling he's gonna be around for another four years???
"And now for something completely different..."
robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Never ever underestimate you enemy (if you consider him an enemy, that is).

Even Clinton recognized how shrewd he is as a campaigning politician.
"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."
magruder Profile Photomagruder Profile Photo
magruder
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
George W. Bush can also take great pride in his grandfather, Prescott Bush, who had financial ties to the Nazis, and profited from forced labor at Auschwitz. It's one hell of a family.
Grandaddy was a Nazi
"Gif me the cobra jool!"
Updated On: 7/8/04 at 05:38 PM
DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I can't wait till this f*****g moron is out of the white house.
HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
bwaysinger Profile Photobwaysinger Profile Photo
bwaysinger
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well, one can only hope the family was part of some form of restitution...but I have to say, in defense of the current Bush family, that's not their fault. To say Dubya has some kind of culpability in what his grandfather did...well, that's just like original sin or taking you to task for having come from a family of plantation owners or something. It ain't right. You can toss blame a lot of places but it should, you know, go where the fault lies.
Of course, if Bush and co. are sitting on top of a pile of dough from papa Bush, then hell yeah, he knows what he's doing and should be punished.
magruder Profile Photomagruder Profile Photo
magruder
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm not blaming George W. for the actions of his grandfather, but my point is that Prescott Bush profited from his business dealings with the Nazis at a time when America was at war against the same Nazi regime. It is not dissimilar to the Bush-Bin Laden Saudi oil ties examined in Fahrenheit 9/11, or in the book, House of Bush, House of Saud.
"Gif me the cobra jool!"
Rob Profile PhotoRob Profile Photo
Rob
Team BWW
Team BWW
House of Bush, House of Saud is a book that is truly well worth reading.
Updated On: 7/8/04 at 06:11 PM
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
now, mac, those oil deals were about 15 years ago and who wouldn't want to invest in a company headed by the president's kid? is it his fault that da's the potus? why if i were single i'd be looking to nab me one of them twins!

of course how exactly does one manage to work in the oil business without ever coming into contact with and or doing deals with the saudis? it does limit the field somewhat.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Updated On: 7/8/04 at 06:22 PM
Broadwaybaby614 Profile PhotoBroadwaybaby614 Profile Photo
Broadwaybaby614
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Oh, PAPA...I was hoping you'd have something to say about this...Seen Fahrenheit 9/11 yet?

It's not the Saudis I have a problem with, it's the hypocrisy of the Bush administration...
"And now for something completely different..."
Broadway Matt Profile PhotoBroadway Matt Profile Photo
Broadway Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i don't trust anything the man does. it's way too much fun to pay attention to his stupidity, but in so doing, we overlook his dishonesty. he's not as dumb as he seems, but he's a much bigger and better liar than most will give him credit for. there's no way he's given up and no one should count him out. the presidency means too much to his personal interests for him to just roll over and die. it makes me nervous to hear about him making these horrible decisions, because he may very well have some tricks up his sleeve that make public opinion irrelevant to his reelection. look how he won the last one.

"The last train out of any station will not be full of nice guys." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"I wash my face, then drink beer, then I weep. Say a prayer and induce insincere self-abuse, till I'm fast asleep"- In Trousers

jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: another thing for bush to be proud of!!#24
Posted: 7/12/04 at 11:47pm
O'Reilly's comment to Kweisi Mfume (President of NAACP) as to justify Bush not even meeting privately with the NAACP (much attend the convention) is that the President is busy with the war on terror, etc.

Apparently, not too busy to vacation. Sorry, NAACP--golf is much more important.