Page: 1

Who's going to the Nine signing tomorrow?

babyface
Understudy
Understudy
Who's going to the Nine signing tomorrow?#0
Posted: 6/16/03 at 11:14am
TheaterBaby Profile PhotoTheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I am re: Who's going to the Nine signing tomorrow?
"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~
ShineOn Profile PhotoShineOn Profile Photo
ShineOn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'll be there... my Balls works for PS Classics... Flae and I will be there, hyper and all!
"You! You are the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber! And you, well, I just plain don't like you."
~Stewart Gilligan Griffin
AndrewClay
Stand-by
Stand-by
Your Balls works for PS Classics?
ShineOn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
HAHA... that would be my Robbie... LOL. Oopsie... :) :)
"You! You are the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber! And you, well, I just plain don't like you."
BudFrump23 Profile PhotoBudFrump23 Profile Photo
BudFrump23
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I felt so dumb! Yesterday, I went driving around for an hour to 4 or 5 different record shops to look for the CD for the revival of Nine, and I couldn't find it anywhere. Finally, when I was driving home, DING! I remembered that it hadn't come out yet!
I'm as jumpy as a virgin at a prison rodeo!
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
just so no one gets worriewd, that infectious, venemous looking lump growing on antonio's arm is old his wife. there is nothingto worried about... unless you are a younger woman who looks better than her. then she may bite, so get your rabies shot before you go.
redmustang
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I wish I lived in NYC. I would be there for sure. Well, I don't REALLY wish I lived in NYC.
CJR Profile PhotoCJR Profile Photo
CJR
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
just so no one gets worriewd, that infectious, venemous looking lump growing on antonio's arm is old his wife. there is nothingto worried about... unless you are a younger woman who looks better than her. then she may bite, so get your rabies shot before you go.

crazy8, I love you for that one :) that just made my night :) :)
"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No problem.lol. you know i have your back, girl.
TheaterBaby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Should we take bets on whether or not Melanie will be there? I say YES! because she is a paranoid second wife who clearly doesn't trust her own husband, never mind other women.
"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
OK, she would even leave him alonw ith Harvey Fierstein backstage at the Drama desks. was it a coincidence that sge introduced his number at the Tonys -- no. I say she'll be there.
flaemmchen Profile Photoflaemmchen Profile Photo
flaemmchen
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Like Daisy said, we both will be there screaming and singing the whole score. Daisy will be Carla and will fake orgasms while singing 'A Call From the Vatican' to amuse Jane, while I will be Luisa and scream out Italian phrases, followed by 'Be On Your Own.' It should be a kick arse party!
"Peace! The charm's wound up." --Macbeth
bestofbroadway
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
My question is when does Melanie rehearse for Chicago? By the way I heard on the news yesterday that they were dumbing down the choreography for her...oh how low producers will stoop.
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
dumbing down the choreography?? now, that sucks!!

the only roxie they dumbed down for, well not even dumbed down for, was CHITA RIVERA herself, and that was taking out the cartwheel and kneel at the end of Hot Honey Rag, cuz it could hurt Chita's knees, otherwise the 65 year old diva did the whole thing!!! Melanie should be no damn exception!
TheaterBaby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Clearly I didn't go to the signing. LOL I had too many things to take care of at home...I don't exactly live near TS. I'm on Staten Island, and I really didn't feel like shlepping into Manhattan. I'm sure I'll regret it for a day or 2, but I'll move on. re: re: re: re: re: re: re:  Who's going to the Nine signing tomorrow?
CJR Profile PhotoCJR Profile Photo
CJR
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Melanie has been rehearsing for Chicago since April.... WITH Ann Reinking, not just the dance capitains.
"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
DAMN. I guess she too much for the dance captain's to handle.... they probably eother scream or burst out laughing. Since April???? That is A LONG time for a replacement.
flaemmchen Profile Photoflaemmchen Profile Photo
flaemmchen
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
went to the signing!#18
Posted: 6/18/03 at 12:17am
It was a blast and very well coordinated. The security was VERY tight, which made the guards seem a bit on the rude side, but it's understandable because there were tons of people trying to get in without the required wristband.

Of course, they were playing the C.D. at full volume, and Daisy and I were singing along...or I was singing along to everything else but 'A Call From the Vatican,' which was Daisy's little moment (yes, I know the whole score, what of it? *holds her C.D. to her chest*). The line moved well, and once we got to the table, the C.D. booklet was passed from Maury Yeston to Jane to Antonio (who WAS there in spite of last night's fever) to Chita to Mary Stuart and finally to Laura. Though the whole process was very fast, I was glad that I got to say my little piece to each of them and express how their performances completely floored me. They were all so wonderful; Maury personalized my C.D. when I told him he was my favorite composer ever, and Mary Stuart looked touched when I told her that after seeing her as Luisa, it became my dream role. Antonio was just...magnificent... And do you know who was ESPECIALLY nice? Why yes, Ms. Laura Benanti. She gave me the most genuine smile and thanked me profusely after I said my little piece to her.

Anyway, it was an amazing experience. I have to give a big pat on the back to Tommy and Robbie from PS Classics. You guys really know how to put together a fabulous event.
"Peace! The charm's wound up." --Macbeth
IssaMe
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: went to the signing!#19
Posted: 6/18/03 at 6:25am
Glad you got to meet the "real" Laura.
Was it raining?
It's been hot, humid, and miserable here in Venice (Venice is best in February).
Sounds like a wonderful event with great and friendly stars. How wonderful for people in New York.

ShineOn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: went to the signing!#20
Posted: 6/18/03 at 11:22am
I met Laura with Farin in the line and had the same Laura experience. I told her I really appreciated her work in ITW as well as Nine, and she was honestly touched. Nothing phony about it and gave us the warmest smile (the same one she gave me at the Maury Yeston signing) and said thank you incessantly. I also saw her after the signing and Robbie introduced us. She's a very funny girl and was very sweet then. We said goodbye and she told me it was nice to meet me. She didn't show an ounce of arrogance or ego. She was very down-to-earth.

I think stage doors and big crowds of people just scare her. *shrug*