Page: 1

Take Me Out - embarrassing moments?

nhprof
Swing
Swing
Take Me Out - embarrassing moments?#0
Posted: 6/11/03 at 4:30pm
With all the male nudity - I am wondering if there have been any embarrassing moments (on or off Broadway) for any of the actors. Also wondering if they have 'fall back" plans just in case... If an actor felt things were headed in that direction, do they have an "escape plan." This must be considered in any show with male nudity and maybe some of you more seasoned people can shed some light. Also, does anyone know why one of the actors was replaced when the show moved to Broadway? Thanks.
Albin Profile PhotoAlbin Profile Photo
Albin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Take Me Out - embarrassing moments?#1
Posted: 6/11/03 at 4:43pm
embarrasing moments...such as....?
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Take Me Out - embarrassing moments?#2
Posted: 6/11/03 at 4:43pm
the embarrassing moments are when they step on stage nude night after night. lol, no i dunno havent' seen it. i guess you're asking if any little men stould at salute when they weren't supposed to?

well, i don't think that would ever happen, i mean you're on stage being stared at by hundreds of people. unless there are sex scenes?? i dunno , yah, someone who's seen it shine a light for us?? lol

come on crazyatestevos, i know you've seen it... lol
CJR Profile PhotoCJR Profile Photo
CJR
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I have yet to see it -- I will be seeing it soon though.. but Daniel Sunjata (be still my heart!re: re: Take Me Out - embarrassing moments?) gets naked onstage and takes a shower. I am told that 99% of the show takes place in the locker room with the guys showering. Now that is MY kind of show! lol
"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
shame on you CJR, i thought you were a lady! Ladies don't stare at naked men. LOL re: re: re: Take Me Out - embarrassing moments?
CJR Profile PhotoCJR Profile Photo
CJR
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
HA -- this lady does. re: re: re: re: Take Me Out - embarrassing moments? As a matter of fact, this lady was damn near drooling over Daniel Sunjata during Stars in the Alley last week, and all he did was get up to present... fully clothed... lol
"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Most of the play does indeed take place in a locker room and 99% of the cast does take showers during the course of the action. If the question here is whether these men have unplanned erections, I doubt that it ever happens. When you have a theater full of people watching you and you are concentrating on your character, I don't think there would be any unexpected activity in the nether region. If it did happen, then so what? It happens to men all the time.
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Max Bialystock Profile PhotoMax Bialystock Profile Photo
Max Bialystock
Stand-by
Stand-by
I never even had a "Run Thru..." without an erection!
And that includes the Nativity Play in Grade 3!
The audience makes it all possible!
Fondly, as ever, Max
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: I never even had a#8
Posted: 6/11/03 at 5:15pm
Me neither, but I've never been nude on stage either!!

How many of us bdwayworld.comers have been nude on stage?
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Take Me Out - embarrassing moments?#9
Posted: 6/11/03 at 5:25pm
Are you kidding? I don't even like to take my shirt off on stage!
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I was semi-nude in BUTTERFLIES ARE FREE. That was many years ago.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
lol
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Almost. i played Al Joad in The Grapes of Wrath. The director didn't want full nudity, but I was in soaking wet longjohns.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
o no! crazyatestevos in wet longjohns!!

attack of the water serpent, lol
Albin Profile PhotoAlbin Profile Photo
Albin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"I was semi-nude in BUTTERFLIES ARE FREE. That was many years ago."

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! MY EYES! MY EYES!!!
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
instead of embarrassing, shouldn't this thread be caled 'exciting'.

Most guys try to fix the problem by masturbating before they go on stage. I know in a ninterview, a former cast member of Naked Boys Singing said that most of them do that before perfoming. MOSt guys do have the tendency to not be able to get it up for a little while after they... you know. Most. Not all, but most.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
lol, wow....um...crazy8, that's a very interesting post. lol

my god to think of what these actor's have to face day in and day out, oh the horror, i feel sorry for them. lol

really, the performers result to mastering the bation before each performance? thats scary.

lol
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
oh albin, come on, it couldnt have been that bad!
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yes it could.
TxTwoStep Profile PhotoTxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
the closest I "came" to onstage nudity was modeling for drawing classes in undergrad. And there were very attractive people in the classes (and as fellow models), but nothing ever happened "down south"; and I certainly didn't masturbate to insure that. The most unusual thing was one day an artist showed me their portfolio of my modeling and not only was my muscalature enhanced (like some kind of comic book hero), there were drawings of the member in question also enlarged, and a few of it standing for attention. I asked about it and was told by the artist that was the way I was seen in their imagination. Food for thought...wish I had those drawings now as the facial likeness was good enough for ID purposes!

I also caught TAKE ME OUT and the males were wonderful to look at as well as good actors. The nudity is central to the theme of the play as well. And from what I heard, the actor replaced wanted to pursue other projects and the parting was amiable. I only saw it at the Pubic (pun intended) and not on Broadway, so I don't know how his replacement looks or fares in the role.
Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."
Updated On: 6/11/03 at 08:18 PM
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
never posed myself, but holding the same pose for so long would be difficult for me. They enlarged your woohoo?? LOl. hmm.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
o come one bdwy guy, dont poke fun, some of us arent crazyate, lol
sabrelady Profile Photosabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Take Me Out - embarrassing moments?#22
Posted: 6/11/03 at 8:24pm
Too much information hon? "brain needs a wet nap" Just say It was a dream just a dream and it will all be better!
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin Im going to have to science the shit outta this. The Martian
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Take Me Out - embarrassing moments?#23
Posted: 6/12/03 at 10:08pm
Albin, stop being so rude and crude. I happen to have the body of a god!!!!!!!!!