BillFinn
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Who else is excited about QAF tomorrow?#0
Posted: 6/19/04 at 8:59pm
Ben and the nerdy dorky fan.
Justin and Brian.
Debbie and her grief.
Emmett and Hottie McHothot (or The Quarterback)
...and then there's Ted

It's gonna be sooooooo good.
Bill Finn rocks. Woot.
Matt_G Profile PhotoMatt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Okay, I'm glad someone brought this up. Can someone tell me what happened last week? I thought someone would be taping it for me, but they didn't.
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Nevermind. I just got the new Advocate in the mail and there's episode descriptions of every single ep to date.
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
thirdrowcenter Profile Photothirdrowcenter Profile Photo
thirdrowcenter
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That football player sort of raped Emmett, don't you think?
BillFinn Profile PhotoBillFinn Profile Photo
BillFinn
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Rough sex. Not rape. Emmett consented. Couldn't you see the joy on his face when his pants were ripped off? Priceless
Bill Finn rocks. Woot.
thirdrowcenter
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
How could Emmett know if the guy wore a condom? I know it's make believe but I wouldn't trust it if I couldn't see it.
Also, Emmett could sue him like that girl with Kobe Bryant. Emmett is too nice a person but he would be paid handsomely to keep quiet.
Phantom2 Profile PhotoPhantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
With these descriptions and not know anything you are talking about...I really wish I had HBO! re: Who else is excited about QAF tomorrow?
CCM '10!
tpdc
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
If they were going to write totally against character and have Ben cheat why couldn't it have been with Matt Bataglia? Not only would it have reunited these former FRIENDS co-stars who fought for Phoebe's attention, it would have been hot. Why Matt's character would go after Emmett makes no sense.
CATSNYrevival Profile PhotoCATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Showtime. And yes, tomorrow is gonna be great. I'm glad Justin finally told Brian to get in bed and eat the chicken soup. He really needs to rest after that kind of surgery. Although, in the promos for tomorrow it shows Justin confiding in Michael about Brian's "dysfunction" in the bedroom. I'm hoping, then, that several months are passing within each episode because last week Brian was still having radiation. He should not be trying to hit the sack so soon, but then again, it's Brian. And why would Justin be talking to Michael after Michael totally blew it the last time???
BillFinn
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Who else is excited about QAF tomorrow?#10
Posted: 6/20/04 at 12:44pm
Digital Cable says...

"Emmett secretly helps Ted. A former student of Ben's causes a riff between Michael and Ben's relationship. Brian deals with the effects of his relationship. Lindsay notices her growing attraction to (artist)"
Bill Finn rocks. Woot.
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If Ben cheats on Michael he might as well do me.

I'm just saying.
SideShowMan
Understudy
Understudy
Im kind of over QAF....its so over the top with each episode becoming more and more unrealistic both in plotting and resolution. On the other hand it can be kind of fun in a guilty pleasure sort of way......especially pleasurable are Brian and Ben
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I liked tonight's episode a lot. 'Loved Brian telling his mom off like that after what she said to him. I'm glad Ben didn't cheat with the loser student guy. Who would ask for someone to give them AIDS??? Stupid. I loved all the scenes with Emmett and "Hottie McHothot". The kiss was sweet, but it's only leading towards trouble. And the Chinatown scene!!!! Priceless!!! But, what's up with Hunter??? I'm so not liking the idea of him being bi. I guess we just all assumed he was gay. Him turning around and being straight is weird...
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who else is excited about QAF tomorrow?#14
Posted: 6/21/04 at 12:52pm
WOW! Mamma Mia takes over QAF!!

The student that wants to get HIV wa splayed by the adorable Todd Hofley, who was the third "Sky" in the Toronto company of Mamma Mia!.

and of course, Emmet had a joke about the WinterGarden/Mamma Mia.

and on the Hairspray front, Harvey got a mention too
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It would be so cool if there was a relationship based on fidelity. Ben was willing if Anthony hadn't confessed his true intentions. Justin laughably mentioned his "committment" to the relationship. Apparently, living off Brian's money defines "committent" because it certainly has nothing to do with fidelity. Even the lesbians are at it.

Luckily, Republicans have no interest in the show. It just provides them with ammunition.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
There have been several musical theatre references this season. My favorite was the GYPSY reference, when Vic said to Deb "Gee, I thought you did it for me momma." and then Debbie was all "Are you insinuating I did it for myself!?" It was great. I love it when they throw those little things in to grab my attention and put a little smile on my face.
BillFinn
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Ben is now on my **** list. I totally agree with you Mister Matt. In QAF, "Partner" apparently means "let's go steady and live together!" which saddens me.

Lindsay going bi? Totally against character. I'm glad facially-disfigured-I-wanna-be-HIV is off the show now. He pissed me off. Now let's focus on the Emmett/Hottie McHothott relationship!
Bill Finn rocks. Woot.
thirdrowcenter
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who else is excited about QAF tomorrow?#18
Posted: 6/22/04 at 10:48am
The Emmett/Hottie thing is bothersome to me. The football player has no reason to ruin his fiance's life by marrying her.
I don't think this is a realistic scenario in 2004. He is an athlete, not running for office.
Also, that Lindsay and the artist sex scene was really over the top. If she wanted a man to screw her up against a wall, she wouldn't be thinking she was a lesbian all this time. Give me a break.