Page: 1

I Want to Puke

Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I Want to Puke#0
Posted: 6/16/04 at 5:13pm
What is it about Southern Baptists that induce vomiting?

Southern Baptists Vote on Devisive Issues
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
ShineOn Profile PhotoShineOn Profile Photo
ShineOn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: I Want to Puke#1
Posted: 6/16/04 at 5:15pm
I want to puke, too.

...but only because I ate too much today.
"You! You are the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber! And you, well, I just plain don't like you."
~Stewart Gilligan Griffin
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: I Want to Puke#2
Posted: 6/16/04 at 5:16pm
My mother is one of them. That is a reason.......

I hate these people. remember when the petitioned to have airline restrictions removed so that they could fly "God Hates Fags" banners off of teh back of planes over Disney World durinG Gay Days??? How pathetic!
Updated On: 6/16/04 at 05:16 PM
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: i want to puke#3
Posted: 6/16/04 at 5:18pm
southern baptists in indiana? indiana for gods sake?? that's decidedly north of the mason dixon.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: i want to puke#4
Posted: 6/16/04 at 5:28pm
Indiana: Birthplace of the KKK.
But really, Matt, does this vile surprise you?
PEACE.
son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photoson_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: i want to puke#5
Posted: 6/16/04 at 5:32pm
Indiana: Also proudly the state to have had more lynchings than any other state in the nation. (I say that with great sarcasm) I wondered why there were all those people coming off the busses this weekend looking like lost children. Hehe they were also here during the Talbott Street Art Fair. If any of them went to it, I can imagine what their reaction was to all the gay couples there.
My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
Updated On: 6/16/04 at 05:32 PM
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: i want to puke#6
Posted: 6/16/04 at 5:55pm
technically speaking, sueleen, the ku klux klan was formed in tennessee in 1865 and was officially disbanded in 1869 by first grand wizard the former general nathan bedford forrest. the modern version was organized in 1915 on stone mountain near atlanta, georgia by william joseph simmons and bears little resemblance to the original institution.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
shira467 Profile Photoshira467 Profile Photo
shira467
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: i want to puke#7
Posted: 6/16/04 at 7:11pm
Thanks Papa...what was the original like, and what hapened to make it now the repulsive organization it is?
Deet: Shira, I Love You!
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: i want to puke#8
Posted: 6/16/04 at 7:38pm
oh the original was repulsive and intolerant in its own way and was nothing to brag about, but it was formed to serve a purpose, better representation of southern landowners and limits on the powers of carbetbaggers who'd begun to take over in the corruption ridden reconstruction era south and once a deal was made with grant for better representation of landowners who'd been fleeced (i.e. former slave owners) in '69 it was officially disbanded.

the second incarnation lasted from 1915 until '44 and then was revived again in '46 and continues to this day in various forms. these later versions owed more to dw griffith than to any need, cause or purpose. basically, rednecks gettin' drunk and pretending that they have power (i.e. hurting folks, destroying property, burning crosses, lynching folk all in the name of racial purity).

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Jon
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: i want to puke#9
Posted: 6/17/04 at 7:04am
I live in Illinois, an hour from Chicago, but also ten minutes from the Indiana border. I swear, when you cross the state line you can hear the theme from "Deliverance"!
secret-soul Profile Photosecret-soul Profile Photo
secret-soul
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: i want to puke#10
Posted: 6/17/04 at 12:09pm
Plince! Plince! Nein! T-Rex!!
StickToPriest Profile PhotoStickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: i want to puke#11
Posted: 6/17/04 at 12:12pm
Secret-Soul: I think it was a little inapppropriate to put that article on a thread titled "I want to puke". I live in Dallas, right by Ft. Worth and this story is devastating. God bless their families.
"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: i want to puke#12
Posted: 6/17/04 at 12:23pm
yeah, i tend to agree, secret soul, what's the point of posting this story to this thread? it has baptist in the title?

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

secret-soul Profile Photosecret-soul Profile Photo
secret-soul
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: i want to puke#13
Posted: 6/17/04 at 12:29pm
I found it ironic that I had just read this story and then came to the board and found the thread about southern baptists. It really had nothing to do with the title and I'm sorry I didn't explain myself. I think what happened is VERY sad, may they rest in peace.
Plince! Plince! Nein! T-Rex!!