joeyjoe Profile Photojoeyjoe Profile Photo
joeyjoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
In Passing...#0
Posted: 6/11/04 at 10:05am
"These tickets are 6 months old."
"But we didn't use them then. It's the same flight number, today."
"And you want to use these tickets today for a flight that you missed in November?"
"Oh, we didn't miss it. We decided not to go. We'll need the same seats for today, my knee is bad."
--An airline check-in agent, and a passenger, seemingly talking to each other, but not really hearing anything.
In Passing
joeyjoe Profile Photojoeyjoe Profile Photo
joeyjoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: In Passing...#1
Posted: 6/11/04 at 10:08am
and i just noticed one of the responses to this posting...

"Okay, if that's not being hysterical, then that bitch crazy. And there is no way in hell I'm inviting her to anything, ever. Ev. Er.

And besides, didn't we all have some neighbor when we were growing up who we didn't talk to? The family who, at the most, got that generic slight throwing back of the head in acknowledgement of their existence, but only if you two happen, accidentally, to make eye contact?

That creature needs to be relocated to an environment where it can be with its own kind, to run around and play and interact with other creatures more like it.
So where does one send a creature like that? Utah or Idaho, maybe, to live with the Mormons? Best I can think of.

Crazy bitch."
ckeaton Profile Photockeaton Profile Photo
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: In Passing...#2
Posted: 6/11/04 at 10:09am
I can see this situation on "Airline" on A&E already...

In this situation, the moron consumer will get all angry... slam things on the counter, and threaten to sue the airline.

The agent will remain calm, with a glint of humor in his/her eye, while he/she repeats for the 5th time that the tickets aren't valid.

The airline will be forced to make a concession and put the person in a seat, just to shut them up and move on.

The next customer will wonder why the check-in agent isn't chipper and nice, after being beaten around for the last 1/2 hour.

People are stupid. In airports, they're even stupider.
Hamlet's father.
redhotinnyc2 Profile Photoredhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: In Passing...#3
Posted: 6/11/04 at 10:33am
Have you heard that (supposedly true) anecdote about the hellish passenger who bolted to the front of a very long line of StandBy fliers and told the counter person - "I MUST get on that flight" to which the attendent told him, very politely, that he'd have to go to the back of the line and wait like everyone else. "But I'm a very imporant man. I simply MUST get on that flight, you *&%$#*&..." she was polite again and told him once again to wait his turn. He then said " F**K YOU!!" to which she responded: "I'm afraid you'll have to wait on line for THAT also!"...to thunderous applause from the irritated passengers who'd already been waiting forever!
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: In Passing...#4
Posted: 6/11/04 at 10:46am
There are times that I get air rage.
It's almost always directed to fellow passengers who are behaving irrationally.

My mother is a flight attendant. I grew up in airports. Those people put up with soooooo much crap.
Hamlet's father.
orion59 Profile Photoorion59 Profile Photo
orion59
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: In Passing...#5
Posted: 6/11/04 at 10:48am
I think I used to work for that guy. I went through dozens of travel agents, each one refusing to take my calls after experiencing booking a flight for him (also numerous limo services and hotels who politely asked that we take his business elsewhere. He has to be the only person for whom the Plaza turned down the booking of a huge function). I finally had to convince him to start chartering his plane. It was the only way to get the plane to go on his schedule rather than the airlines and keep me from getting angry calls about his abusive attitude
http://www.danperezgallery.com
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: In Passing...#6
Posted: 6/11/04 at 10:49am
Doesn't Trump have his own airline? re: In Passing...
Hamlet's father.
sabrelady Profile Photosabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: In Passing...#7
Posted: 6/11/04 at 6:16pm
There is a great Mike Myers story about him calling his agent who was on a plane about some problem.When Myers was informed that the agent was in flight he DEMANDED that the agent "turn right around and deal with this!!!" The agent went "Umm I don't have that ARRANGEMENT with American Airlines ..."

Something happens when people travel.... & its not pretty!
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin Im going to have to science the shit outta this. The Martian