Mistakes on CDs

brdwaybaby17 Profile Photobrdwaybaby17 Profile Photo
brdwaybaby17
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Mistakes on CDs#0
Posted: 5/13/04 at 8:46pm
You know how people are constantly talking about bloopers in movies?? Well, that's what I wanna do here, because I have heard mistakes on CDs, and I wondered if others have too....

Little Shop of Horrors - When Allen Menken is singing "I Found A Hobby", he says I found a hobby, while the other man sings out in the lobby.... they don't blend right and I wondered if one of them was wrong

West Side Story - during the song where Tony has just died and it is just instrumental music, you can hear a person open a door in the background, shut it, open it again, and shut it again.... geez people!

TMM - this isn't so much of a mistake, but when Sutton sings "Gimme, Gimme", you can hear her voice going out and she almost loses it

Anybody else have any??
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mistakes on CDs#1
Posted: 5/13/04 at 10:20pm
On one of Mandy Patinkin's cds (I think it's Experiment, but I'll have to go back and listen) he is singing without instruments and you can hear a squeak in the background.

I believe that on the original "Into The Woods" Danielle Ferland messes up something, but I can't remember whether she mixes up lyrics or comes in too early. I'll have to go back and listen to that one too.

In "My Favorite Broadway - The Leading Ladies" video, Elaine Stritch misses the opening note of "Ladies Who Lunch" by ten miles. I don't know if they corrected it for the cd. I'll have to go back and listen.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Updated On: 5/13/04 at 10:20 PM
robyn525600
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Mistakes on CDs#2
Posted: 5/13/04 at 10:32pm
I can think of two:

On the AIDA cd, someone whispers something after "Another Pyramid". And on the HAIRSPRAY cd during "You Can't Stop the Beat", Harvey Fierstein sings the wrong word at one point but b/c the chorus is singing with him, you can just barely catch it.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away."
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mistakes on CDs#3
Posted: 5/13/04 at 10:33pm
In the obc (1964) of TWHM, TGC has a premature entrance in "Sunday Clothes". It wasn't fixed when the album was re-mastered recently
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
CATSNYrevival Profile PhotoCATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mistakes on CDs#4
Posted: 5/13/04 at 11:13pm
On the OBC of THE PRODUCERS prior to the entrence of the little old ladies, I guess due to a technical glitch, you can totally hear Nathan Lane's voice doubed over itself. It's weird... has anyone else noticed this?
MusicMan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mistakes on CDs#5
Posted: 5/13/04 at 11:25pm
On the original cast of Anyone Can Whistle, one of the chorus boys singing back-up (Harvey Evans?) on Me and My Town sings one "Doot-doot-wa" too many (he catches himself after the first 'doot').

It's not a mistake, as such, but during I Never Has Seen Snow from House of Flowers, Harold Arlen has been edited into Diahann Carroll's vocal for one note/word ('LIKE my love is to me') near the end of the number.

Last but not least, there's Elaine Stritch's off-pitch foghorn during the long "LOVE" section in Company's opening number. You can hear the poor sound editors trying to mix her down to no avail.
Updated On: 5/13/04 at 11:25 PM
Jon
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mistakes on CDs#6
Posted: 5/13/04 at 11:52pm
There's a famous dropped drumstick during the overture on the OBC album of GYPSY. You only hear it on the old vinyl LPs - they cleaned it up for the CD.
redhotinnyc2 Profile Photoredhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mistakes on CDs#7
Posted: 5/14/04 at 9:17am
We have that My Favorite Broadway - Leading Ladies DVD - Elaine truly starts in the wrong key on Ladies who Lunch - its very funny...and I always get a little embarrased for her - but nerves can cause all kinds of mistakes and I believe that one is filmed at Carnegie Hall - so I'D be nervous to!LOL...
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mistakes on CDs#8
Posted: 5/14/04 at 9:22am
That note!

I was living with a straight New Jersey Frat Boy at the time who stopped into the Living Room on the way back from getting his 10th beer of the day...

I was watching Stritch miss those notes...

He walked in as she was missing those notes and said:

"This is Broadway stuff, right?"

I nodded my head..

"Well, it sucks"!

and with that he turned on his heel and went into his room!
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mistakes on CDs#9
Posted: 5/14/04 at 9:29am
No college frat boy is straight after his tenth beer, Anthony, you should know that.
PEACE.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mistakes on CDs#10
Posted: 5/14/04 at 9:33am
Believe me..no one wanted this one...

24 and a beer belly like Archie Bunker..never worked out because "the ladies like it that way"..

but very laid back and totally non-judgemental about my lifestyle..in fact, would comment if he felt some guy was not "cute enough" for me...

Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mistakes on CDs#11
Posted: 5/14/04 at 9:35am
Va -- straight goes don't turn on their heels -- you should know that!!
redhotinnyc2 Profile Photoredhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mistakes on CDs#12
Posted: 5/14/04 at 9:37am
Voice - you have such great stories!
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
brdwaybaby17
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mistakes on CDs#13
Posted: 5/14/04 at 12:37pm
I just thought of another one...

The Sound of Music (movie version) - in "So Long, Farewell" even though each of the kids have their own parts, you can hear a couple of the other kids singing in the background when it isn't their turn.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mistakes on CDs#14
Posted: 5/14/04 at 12:40pm
Va -- straight goes don't turn on their heels

OK..OK..he turned on his work boots!
brdwaybaby17
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mistakes on CDs#15
Posted: 5/14/04 at 5:22pm
You guys get off-topic so easily!
CATSNYrevival Profile PhotoCATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mistakes on CDs#16
Posted: 5/14/04 at 5:35pm
straight goes? what the hell....
HunterFosterIsMyGod Profile PhotoHunterFosterIsMyGod Profile Photo
HunterFosterIsMyGod
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Mistakes on CDs#17
Posted: 5/14/04 at 8:49pm
robyn-

what word exactly?
magruder Profile Photomagruder Profile Photo
magruder
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mistakes on CDs#19
Posted: 5/15/04 at 12:22pm
The Producers CD is filled with instrumental gaffes, particularly the trumpet section. You can hear them making errors during the Overture, "When You Got It, Flaunt It," and "Prisoners of Love".

There's a big honking wrong note in "A Beat Behind" on The Goodbye Girl.

One of the wives makes an aborted entrance in "Put 'em Back" in Li'l Abner.

I'll think of some others...

"Gif me the cobra jool!"
Dolly_Levi Profile PhotoDolly_Levi Profile Photo
Dolly_Levi
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mistakes on CDs#20
Posted: 5/15/04 at 5:45pm
The Secret Garden OBC, Mandy sings a wrong phrase during a section of "Lily's Eyes." Musically it fits, but has the wrong words.

Love the one from OBC of Hello, Dolly! already mentioned by Dollypop.
Laughter is much more important than applause. Applause is almost a duty. Laughter is a reward. Carol Channing
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mistakes on CDs#21
Posted: 5/15/04 at 8:28pm
One that always grates my nerves is the premature entrace during the finale of City of Angels at the very last
"Be-LOOOOOONG!!!"
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
citylights
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Mistakes on CDs#23
Posted: 5/17/04 at 6:14pm
In Finale B of Rent, after "her fever's breaking" you can hear someone giggle in the background...I think it's Idina.
NuggetMonkeys Profile PhotoNuggetMonkeys Profile Photo
NuggetMonkeys
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mistakes on CDs#24
Posted: 5/17/04 at 9:23pm
Idina has no personality. i doubt it...

-d.b.j-
Vary My Days.
vjRichie Profile PhotovjRichie Profile Photo
vjRichie
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Mistakes on CDs#26
Posted: 5/22/04 at 12:55am
Betty Buckley's Seasons Of Love on Evening At Carnegie... someone in chorus sings out "how about", clearly wrong. It's at 1:55 into the song.
"I've had two years to grow claws, Mother, and they're Jungle Red!" Mary Haines - The Women
broadway86 Profile Photobroadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mistakes on CDs#27
Posted: 5/23/04 at 11:49pm
On the WICKED cd...

I am not sure but I think Norbert cracks.

It is when the chorus first joins him for the following lyrics:

"Dancing through li(crack)fe, down at the Ozdust."
http://robbyhorror.blogspot.com