Congress calls new photos "disturbing"

FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Congress calls new photos "disturbing"#0
Posted: 5/12/04 at 3:51pm
WASHINGTON (AP) - Members of Congress viewed fresh photos and videos of Iraqi prisoner abuse on Wednesday, and said they included disturbing images of torture and humiliation.

"I expected that these pictures would be very hard on the stomach lining and it was significantly worse than anything that I had anticipated," said Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore. "Take the worse case and multiply it several times over."

Several senators, speaking on condition of anonymity, said photos of sexual intercourse were among the images that Pentagon officials screened for lawmakers in a top-secret room in the Capitol.
Full article here
Chat with the groan-ups: https://twitter.com/NamoInExile
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
is it true that barney frank showed up with popcorn and a date?

*assuming the position*
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
orion59 Profile Photoorion59 Profile Photo
orion59
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Several senators, speaking on condition of anonymity"

I'm more than a little disturbed by that. If this is not the time to openly speak out and let your stance as an elected official be known, then when would that time be?
http://www.danperezgallery.com
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
After the photos are released. There was probably a gentleperson's agreement not to talk about it yet. Til after 60 Minutes II, I suppose.
Chat with the groan-ups: https://twitter.com/NamoInExile
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
um, top secret still means top secret, which means you can only leak under the conditions of anonymity.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
orion59
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hey, leave Barney alone. Us gay Bay Staters have a good deal of respect for the man. Besides, I don't think he eats popcorn, it isn't on Atkins is it?
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
of course, makes for a better line anyway with the atkins approved snack food: pork rinds!

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

orion59
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
assbag :-P
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
orion - you are making absolutely no sense

What is an "assbag"?

A bag of ass?

A bag for the ass?

The ass of a particularly undesireable old woman?
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i don't know what it is, but i can tell you it's durn hurtful.

*papa bursts into tears and turns and runs for the door, pauses briefly to look back over his shoulder and wail mournfully before tearing through the door and slamming it behind him hard enough to rattle the jamb*

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: congress calls new photos 'disturbing'#10
Posted: 5/12/04 at 5:25pm
Ass bag. I don't know what it means either, but I am incorporating it into my vocabulary immediately, and I am actively anticipating the next time someone pisses me off.
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: congress calls new photos 'disturbing'#11
Posted: 5/12/04 at 5:36pm
papa - HOW DARE YOU STEAL MY EXIT!

But since it was typed, and not a photo or video, no one will ever comprehend the actions you described. Did you actually "wail mournfully"? Or was it more like "hysterical sobbing"? It sounds like you slammed the door pretty hard, but without a visual representation, the concept is completely lost on me. I fear you are sanitizing the event and we have a right to view your humiliation regardless how you or your loved ones feel. Until I see it with my own eyes, I am unable to empathize or draw an emotional response. Therefore, I can do nothing but remain completely apathetic to anything other than photographic representations.

Are people really that stupid?

*sigh*

What am I saying? Bush is President.

Will people remain this stupid? We'll see....if Bush is reelected, then the answer is a resounding "YES"!
Updated On: 5/12/04 at 05:36 PM
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: congress calls new photos 'disturbing'#12
Posted: 5/12/04 at 5:42pm
four more years!

and how dare you call those folks who need the photographic evidence splashed before them stupid. they're not stupid, they're closet voyeurs indulging their sub-conscious fantasies while maintaining a strong front of indignant righteousness. why i can just see iflit in fatigues, a smoke dangling from her lips as she...oops, without pictures it's pointless for me to go on.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Updated On: 5/12/04 at 05:42 PM
orion59
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: congress calls new photos 'disturbing'#13
Posted: 5/12/04 at 5:43pm
I ahve absolutely no idea what an assbag is either. It was started by a friend of mine. I don't think she knows what it emnas either but, its fun because nobody quite knows how to react to it.
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: congress calls new photos 'disturbing'#14
Posted: 5/12/04 at 5:44pm
Actually, an "Ass Bag" is slang for a colostomy bag. Shall I put up a link for a photo of one, or do you get the picture? re: congress calls new photos 'disturbing'
PEACE.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: congress calls new photos 'disturbing'#15
Posted: 5/12/04 at 5:47pm
i had a stinking, uh i mean sneaking, suspicion that it might be that, but was unwilling to make such a leap without a hearing or two and a few committees to help me sort it out.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: congress calls new photos 'disturbing'#16
Posted: 5/12/04 at 5:50pm
Sueleen - It depends, the more disturbing the image, the more the public "needs" and has a "right" to see it. If the photo is generic and devoid of shock value, then it is of little or no consequence.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: congress calls new photos 'disturbing'#17
Posted: 5/12/04 at 5:53pm
to clarify, sueleen: if the bag is empty, don't bother.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: congress calls new photos 'disturbing'#18
Posted: 5/12/04 at 5:55pm
Here you go...graphic enough?

http://www.exmed.net/product.asp?dept_id=62&pf_id=UROreusehttp://www.exmed.net/product.asp?dept_id=62&pf_id=UROreuse>http://www.exmed.net/product.asp?dept_id=62&pf_id=UROreuse
PEACE.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
papa calls sueleen's photo 'unnerving'#19
Posted: 5/12/04 at 5:56pm
i'll buy anything that "features the 'little red anti-reflux valve'"

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Updated On: 5/12/04 at 05:56 PM
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: congress calls new photos 'disturbing'#20
Posted: 5/12/04 at 5:57pm
If the picture is too graphic, maybe a detailed explaination...

http://www.ostomysupport.info/pouches.htmlhttp://www.ostomysupport.info/pouches.html>http://www.ostomysupport.info/pouches.html
PEACE.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: congress calls new photos 'disturbing'#21
Posted: 5/12/04 at 6:02pm
wonderful...one less banana will be eaten thanks to that article which i must admit, when i saw the title i was sure it was going to be a biography of kristen chenoweth.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

orion59
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: congress calls new photos 'disturbing'#22
Posted: 5/12/04 at 6:03pm
Matt, I hope your remarks aren't meant as digs toward me for what i said in the other thread. I thought we were having a civilized, intellectual debate. A simple exchange of opinion.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: papa calls sueleen's photo 'unnerving'#23
Posted: 5/12/04 at 6:05pm
i don't wanna put, uh, words, um, in matt's mouth, but i would hazard that he was speaking in more general terms as opposed to specifically targetting you. iflit, maybe, because she sings kumbaya at the drop of a hat and smells of elderberries...i mean patchouli (patchouli? god bless you. thank you).

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Updated On: 5/12/04 at 06:05 PM
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: congress calls new photos 'disturbing'#24
Posted: 5/12/04 at 6:11pm
What was disturbing was the silence from the rest of the world & the moderate arab quarter re the execution of Mr Berg. These piles of human excrement who did it deserve to be removed frm the earth as soon as possible.

To those who know I have retired from discussing or getting involved in politics, it is american politics. This is something different. Kerry or Bush I could not care less but these people are sick. Previously Christian fundamentalists were compared to terrorists. Tell me the last time Christian fundamentalists preformed an atrocity like this. The Iraq prisoner issue is a smoke screen for them justifying what they did. What was their excuse for Daniel Pearl ?

These are vermin that should be hunted down & summarily executed on the spot. Brave souls , all behind masks chopping off the head of a man tied up.

I will say a prayer & light a candle for him & his family. All very sad.
Poster Emeritus