Last Episode of Friends

newyorkuniq Profile Photonewyorkuniq Profile Photo
newyorkuniq
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Last Episode of Friends#0
Posted: 5/6/04 at 10:15pm
Well I thought it was a good ending. Tied up the loose ends. What did everyone think??
Updated On: 5/6/04 at 10:15 PM
Amneris Profile PhotoAmneris Profile Photo
Amneris
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Last Episode of Friends#1
Posted: 5/6/04 at 10:28pm
personally, i feel for 10 years of showtime, this episode could of ended much better. Although I choked up when Rachel got on the plane (before we found out what was going to happen), i think they should of had a better saught out script.
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Last Episode of Friends#2
Posted: 5/6/04 at 10:30pm
Be sure to put SPOILERS in the title before you get backlash!

Except for the twins, I found it to be rather dull and predictable. Not a finale to remember. MASH and Newhart - those were finales! They really should have gone out on a limb and really rocked the audience. Looks like Frasier is taking the immemorable safe route as well...
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
JohnPopa Profile PhotoJohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Last Episode of Friends#3
Posted: 5/6/04 at 10:38pm
I don't know: I think predictable was the way to go here. Wrap things up and give people the happy endings they've been waiting for. It wasn't *great* but it was right.

No one will ever top 'Newhart,' though.

I think the 'Seinfeld' finale has sort of cooled execs to shows being too clever with their finishes.
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Last Episode of Friends#4
Posted: 5/6/04 at 11:02pm
They could have ultimately had the same tidy endings, but made the other 50 minutes a LOT more interesting. The jokes were flat, Courtney Cox looked pregnant, and the predictability of the entire show deflated the climax. We know they have been capable of surprising us, so why not give us something to remember?
Updated On: 5/6/04 at 11:02 PM
ckeaton Profile Photockeaton Profile Photo
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Last Episode of Friends#5
Posted: 5/6/04 at 11:17pm
I do agree with Amneris... There could've been a better script for this one. It was very much like a deflated flan in a cupboard. Nothing deserving of this hype.

I'll be interested in seeing what they do with 'Frasier'.
Hamlet's father.
chinkie azn jai Profile Photochinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Last Episode of Friends#6
Posted: 5/6/04 at 11:18pm
I was happy with how everything ended. True, everything was predictable except with the babies, but thats the way I'd rather have it...to have the happy ending to a great series. i found it funny when phoebe kept trying to turn it into a musical...haha that was entertaining. I wonder how the spin-off will be....that shall be interesting.
"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D
thirdrowcenter Profile Photothirdrowcenter Profile Photo
thirdrowcenter
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Last Episode of Friends#7
Posted: 5/6/04 at 11:26pm
The chick and duck part made me turn the show off. So far, the best ending of a long running show to me was Sex and the City.
(Courtney Cox was looking very full faced and that scarf didn't hide it a bit, lol).
Jon
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Last Episode of Friends#8
Posted: 5/7/04 at 1:49am
M*A*S*H and Cheers had the best finales. Seinfeld was the worst.

I loved the finale of ED earlier this year. I miss that show!

Ally McBeal also had a fun finale.
CATSNYrevival Profile PhotoCATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Last Episode of Friends#9
Posted: 5/7/04 at 2:55am
I liked it. And why are we complaining about Courtney Cox "looking" pregnant? She IS pregnant....
Matt_G Profile PhotoMatt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Last Episode of Friends#10
Posted: 5/7/04 at 3:20am
I thoroughly enjoyed the ending. Ross & Rachel are together. Of course we knew it was going to happen and it's how it should be. The chick & duck thing was there to give Chandler & Joey one last chance to be best friends on screen which we hadn't seen for a while. The episode was what it needed to be to end the show on the right note.
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Last Episode of Friends#11
Posted: 5/7/04 at 6:52am
well all I have to say is "is that all?!!" All that hype for that? Of course she got off the plane, and no one saw twins, that is what makes comedy! M*A*S*H was a way better finale. But I am one of the few people who liked the finale of St. Elsewhere too.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Last Episode of Friends#12
Posted: 5/7/04 at 7:34am
The problem with Courtney looking pregnant was, oh I don't know, the huge storyline about Monica and Chandler not being able to have children which led to the birth of the twins on the finale! It was ridiculous.
ErikJ972 Profile PhotoErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Last Episode of Friends#13
Posted: 5/7/04 at 7:51am
I agree that I was pleased with the way everything ended...but not the way they got there. Overall the the episode was boring. The only person that had me laughing was Phobe..as usual.
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Last Episode of Friends#14
Posted: 5/7/04 at 8:06am
I think "St. Elsewhere" had the best series ending I've ever seen. The show ended as an imagination of an autistic boy.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
TheaterBaby Profile PhotoTheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Last Episode of Friends#15
Posted: 5/7/04 at 8:20am
I thought Fran and Maxwell Sheffield knew they were having twins (a boy AND a girl) right before they made the move to their new house?

Actually, the twin thing did catch me off guard (even if it did turn into the last episode of the Nanny for a moment). Also, I was not expectig Ross to end up at the wrong airport.
Loved the fact that Phoebe kept trying to turn the situation into a musical. lol

I really liked the fact that they kept it simple. It was focused mostly on just the six of them, rather than trying to bring back a bunch of reoccurring characters...with the exception of Gunther, who let's face it deserved to be in the last episode; and Phoebe's husband. But it is her husband, so it wouldn't have been pointless to have her get married and then never see her husband on the show. lol
"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~
sabrelady Profile Photosabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Last Episode of Friends#16
Posted: 5/7/04 at 8:23am
Still think the Mary Tyler Moore show's ending was the best.
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin Im going to have to science the shit outta this. The Martian
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Last Episode of Friends#17
Posted: 5/7/04 at 8:56am
... and Newhart!
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
joeyjoe Profile Photojoeyjoe Profile Photo
joeyjoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Last Episode of Friends#18
Posted: 5/7/04 at 9:29am
Cheers and Newhart were my favorite series enders...

i was a little disappointed at the ending of Friends... I thought Joey had the right idea about maybe this was the chance for Ross to move on...

but then again, love has a mind of it's own... it moves in it's own circles, and it roams where it will roam...
Updated On: 5/7/04 at 09:29 AM
Karma76 Profile PhotoKarma76 Profile Photo
Karma76
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Last Episode of Friends#19
Posted: 5/7/04 at 10:09am
he can't move on...rachel is his lobster. haha I LOVED that he wasn't going to give up on her. I love their relationship, and he always makes me cry when he gets upset.

It was an alright finale. It made me happy. It is going to be weird without them. But as far as monica looking pregnant...god forbid courtney look it in one episode. she DID look bigger but honestly, it did not take away anything from the scenes. in will and grace when they comment she put on weight every 5 minutes now THAT is annoying.
Auggie27 Profile PhotoAuggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Last Episode of Friends#20
Posted: 5/7/04 at 10:21am
Did anyone else find it hard to believe that -- in this era of ultrasound, etc. -- people wouldn't know that twins were due? Suddenly, we were on LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRARIE turf. I enjoyed the payoff, but making that a medical surprise, they strained credibility.

Very subjective response: I also thought the birthmother got a rather perfunctory goodbye. I think Courtney's character would have an emotional, empathic repsonse to this woman sudddenly being wheeled out. Adoption is a wonderful plan that serves two sets of problems, birthparents and adoptive ones. But women, in particular, have very big reactions to one woman making such a choice on their behalf. After getting to know this Erika, it felt small and a little grabby. Had they not been in the delivery room, it might've been different. We didn't need a Lifetime movie, but the twins aspect made the birthmom's decision twice as big. Since FRIENDS took on a very emotional subject, some of the reality was needed. It jarred me, and stayed in the back of my mind as we played out the necessarily predictable -- if fully satisfying -- Rachel/Ross denouement.
"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
Updated On: 5/7/04 at 10:21 AM
Karma76
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Last Episode of Friends#21
Posted: 5/7/04 at 10:24am
what bothered me about the birth is who in gods name EVER gets to walk out of the hospital with a baby 5 minutes after it is born...well besides Michael Jackson
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Last Episode of Friends#22
Posted: 5/7/04 at 10:35am
Yeah, I am on the same page as you Karma76. What the heck was up with that?
thirdrowcenter Profile Photothirdrowcenter Profile Photo
thirdrowcenter
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Last Episode of Friends#23
Posted: 5/7/04 at 10:39am
I didn't even think about them bringing home the babies like they went out and brought home a puppy (puppies). Monica would be hovering over the newborns and have them in a sterile environment. Totally unrealistic.
Karma76
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Last Episode of Friends#24
Posted: 5/7/04 at 10:41am
I love how bright and early the next day they had a double stroller..haha cause that popped out of thin air. But hey it is a sitcom.