Page: 1

New Book: "Madonna in Art" out now: "Karen Ziemba in Art" delayed!

Madonna Louise Ciccone moved from Michigan to New York City, rechristening herself simply ‘Madonna’. Six years of hard work in the clubs of Manhattan with a succession of bands propelled her to the forefront of the New York scene. In 1983, her self-titled debut album was released, and the hit singles ‘Holiday’ and ‘Borderline’ soon followed.

Then came seventeen consecutive top ten hits, a further ten albums, and roles in nineteen feature films, from her debut in the 80’s classic Desperately Seeking Susan to the steamy thriller Body of Evidence. Multi-talented, controversial in her own proud sexuality and a dedicated campaigner for sexual tolerance, Madonna is one of the great Millennial Icons, a one-woman pop phenomenon who has pushed back and blurred the boundaries of the music, film and fashion worlds.

Madonna In Art is a celebration of the Pop Goddess at every stage of her career. A testament to her unique global impact, it features work by over a hundred artists, including Andrew Logan, Sebastian Kruger, Tarantola, Antonio de Felipe, Donna Lief and Peter Howson.These images range across every role Madonna has played on the world stage, from erotic dancer to the dignified figure of Eva Peron in Evita.

Mem Mehmet lives in London and is a dedicated follower of the arts.He has been an avid follower of Madonna’s career for over twenty years. Madonna In Art represents the culmination of many years spent searching out images of Madonna and is Mem’s personal tribute to this unique artist.

http://www.madonna-in-art.com/index2.htmlhttp://www.madonna-in-art.com/index2.html>http://www.madonna-in-art.com/index2.html
Updated On: 5/6/04 at 03:41 PM
junglered Profile Photojunglered Profile Photo
junglered
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Cool! (You knew I had to respond to this, didn't you Voice)!
She's got style (- that's what all the girrrls saaaay)!
Jon
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
How did Ziemba get dragged into this? They both come from Western Michigan? They both were in Playboy in the 1980's?
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
satin sheet and Luxury so fine ..oh yeah!
junglered
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
All her clothes ... are custom made in Lon-Don!
(Lourdes, too!)
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ok..let's stop here..wait till we count down the days till eshe is in new york and report back after each show..

I will be at the June 20th show

and the June 21st show which will be my birthday!
junglered
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Voice is a party-pooper! Just kidding - I'm just on my Madonna roll! You will see the great M. before me. I'm attending the Atlanta show on July 24th. I'll look forward to hearing your feedback from the NYC shows.