Page: 1

Disney vs. Moore

SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Disney vs. Moore#0
Posted: 5/5/04 at 11:38am
Seems The Mouse is worried Jeb will cut their tax breaks if it releases Michael Moore's new film slamming Bush. Didn't anyone think of this while it was being made? Why is this being announced right before the film was scheduled to be released? Hmmmm...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=638&ncid=762&e=1&u=/nm/20040505/en_nm/leisure_disney_dchttp://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=638&ncid=762&e=1&u=/nm/20040505/en_nm/leisure_disney_dc>http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=638&ncid=762&e=1&u=/nm/20040505/en_nm/leisure_disney_dc
PEACE.
ckeaton Profile Photockeaton Profile Photo
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Disney vs. Moore#1
Posted: 5/5/04 at 12:03pm
Michael Moore is a douche.
Hamlet's father.
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Disney vs. Moore#2
Posted: 5/5/04 at 12:05pm
but a smart and talented one!

please say that you don't support the censorship??

I would fully support the opposite view's right to a film!
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Disney vs. Moore#3
Posted: 5/5/04 at 12:08pm
Absolutely. I don't support censorship at all. Hell, put it up in the multiplexes...

I just think that Michael Moore is a douche.

A dangerous douche, who often walks a line between reality and fiction. We can all play "six degrees of Osama". I'm sure I could tie most of us to him by the simple fact of where you buy your gas.
Hamlet's father.
DAME Profile PhotoDAME Profile Photo
DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Disney vs. Moore#4
Posted: 5/5/04 at 12:09pm
Not sure if I understand what you are saying.
HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Disney vs. Moore#5
Posted: 5/5/04 at 12:11pm
Uh--Bush flew Osama's family out of the country on 9/11---not so many degrees of separation there...
DAME Profile PhotoDAME Profile Photo
DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Disney vs. Moore#6
Posted: 5/5/04 at 12:13pm
JRB,
Just read the republicans are attending Wonderful Town during the convention. Going to be the typical NY usher?
HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Disney vs. Moore#7
Posted: 5/5/04 at 12:15pm
may have to! lol j/k
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Disney vs. Moore#8
Posted: 5/5/04 at 12:18pm
I've never fully understood that move, or the anger around it.

One one hand, he could have slammed the door, left them in the US, and allowed every hick with a two by four a chance to beat the hell out of them. Which very much could have happened during those dark times in our history. (Methinks some folks here would have complained about those human rights violations, too)

On the other, he could evacuate the "seemingly" (I admit I'm not fully in the know on this one) innocent relatives of this lunatic, for their own protection. Hadn't they disowned him publically years ago?

Personally I think it was not a move to do anything other than show that we were not hostage takers, or terrorists in our own vain. A gesture of good will towards a community of folks who are, and would be very much discriminated against in the months to come.
Hamlet's father.
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Disney vs. Moore#9
Posted: 5/5/04 at 12:19pm
while those thoughts may be true it goes deeper than all that--which I know the film will elaborate on.
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Disney vs. Moore#10
Posted: 5/5/04 at 12:23pm
I will look forward to it.
What I will not look forward to, is Master Moore harassing people, assaulting them, and pretending to be sincere while only trying to anger someone enough to get a good scene out of them. His style is lost on me.

I remember a scene in 'Bowling for Columbine' where he jumped Dick Clark. Dick Clark of all people. Please, how the hell is Dick Clark supposed to know what his busboys make hourly in DesMoines? Guerilla filmmaking has its place, but I don't have to respect it.
Hamlet's father.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Disney vs. Moore#11
Posted: 5/5/04 at 12:25pm
"One one hand, he could have slammed the door, left them in the US, and allowed every hick with a two by four a chance to beat the hell out of them."

Um, they were in a wealthy gated community in Boston. Not in the Smokey Mountains with a moonshine still. No offense to moonshiners or residents of the Smokey Mountains intended.

"On the other, he could evacuate the 'seemingly' (I admit I'm not fully in the know on this one) innocent relatives of this lunatic, for their own protection. Hadn't they disowned him publically years ago?"

Please. The intellectual contortions you have to do to arrive at that conclusion is beneath you, unless you are completely willing to give up critical thinking out of party loyalty. ALL PLANES IN THE COUNTRY WERE GROUNDED. American citizens were stranded all over the world because no flights were allowed in or out of the country. Except someone, and no one has yet said who, authorized a charter for the Bin Ladens out of the country? Come on. Something is quite rotten in Denmark.

Chat with the groan-ups: https://twitter.com/NamoInExile
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Disney vs. Moore#12
Posted: 5/5/04 at 12:32pm
I really doubt that the President had derogatory intentions. I'm sure he was doing what he thought (or was advised - see widdle baby prewsident thread) was right.

I probably would've locked them in a federal prison until it was all sorted out. (What would you have said then?)

As Bulldog once said...
No forget that.

But honestly, I don't know if I know enough about this to make a coherent point, so I will refrain from further discussion about it directly, until some time in the future when I may be more educated on the matter.
Hamlet's father.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: disney vs. moore#13
Posted: 5/5/04 at 12:35pm
hey, they just have to find another distributor. and if you read deeply, disney told miramax all along that they could not release this. miramax thought they'd change their minds. they were wrong.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: disney vs. moore#14
Posted: 5/6/04 at 4:19pm
Perhaps this one deserves another round at the top, people seem to have missed it. But then again, there's lots of very big words in it, so not everyone would understand.
Hamlet's father.
Prove Air
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: disney vs. moore#15
Posted: 5/6/04 at 4:31pm
"Perhaps this one deserves another round at the top, people seem to have missed it. But then again, there's lots of very big words in it, so not everyone would understand. "

Doutless the results of "No Child Left behind"...