Page: 1

AMERICAN IDOL LA TOYA SINGS 'DON'T RAIN ON MY PARADE'

CapnHook Profile PhotoCapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
LOVED her version of the song!!! God, I hope she wins!!
"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle
Songsstresss Profile PhotoSongsstresss Profile Photo
Songsstresss
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Her voice is spectacular. There is no denying that. But there is something missing from her as a performer. She smiles and puts on a good "show" but she doesn't ooze that love for singing and performing that the GREAT singers have. She seems very inward and always so cavalier about the competition. When Simon told her she was the best singer in the competition, I was nearly offended with how she just nodded her head slowly and said, barely audibly, "Thank you." There is no humiltiy in her. I think that is what turns me, and others I know, off.
ckeaton Profile Photockeaton Profile Photo
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Amen Sstress...
I think that Fantasia has a lot more of that cockyness too.
That's what drives me nuts.

(And before anyone says it, it's not a race thing... it's a personality thing)
Hamlet's father.
BrdwyThtr Profile PhotoBrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
LaToya did do a great job with the song though! Highlight of the night.
LilLace91 Profile PhotoLilLace91 Profile Photo
LilLace91
Swing
Swing
I agree. La Toya's version of "Don't Rain on My Parade" was fabulous! I do think she's the best SINGER, but not necc. the best performer. Fantasia rocks, too. It'll be a duel between those two gals.

I personally thought Fantasia did an amazing job with "Summertime" a few weeks ago, too...

Page: 1