Page: 1

Angels, anyone?

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photoredhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Angels, anyone?#0
Posted: 4/28/04 at 9:14am
Here is a question for you: How many songs can you think of (broadway or standards) which have either the word Angel in the title or speak of angels somewhere in the song?
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
rlbgbc Profile Photorlbgbc Profile Photo
rlbgbc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Angels, anyone?#1
Posted: 4/28/04 at 10:05am
Kiss An Angel Good Morning
Angels We Have Heard on High (is that a standard? LOL)
City of Angels
orion59 Profile Photoorion59 Profile Photo
orion59
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Angels, anyone?#2
Posted: 4/28/04 at 10:09am
One More Angel In Heaven from Joseph and The Amazing......
http://www.danperezgallery.com
joeyjoe Profile Photojoeyjoe Profile Photo
joeyjoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Angels, anyone?#3
Posted: 4/28/04 at 10:11am
You're My Angel by Anita Baker
Angel by The Eurythmics
Angel In My Eyes by Meet Danny Wilson

i'm sure i can find more in the joeyjoe CD collection...
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Angels, anyone?#4
Posted: 4/28/04 at 10:11am
rlbgbc - whats that first one from? Kiss an Angel Good Morning...never heard of that one.
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: Angels, anyone?#5
Posted: 4/28/04 at 10:33am
"Golden Years," David Bowie.

"Angel With a Lariat" kd lang & The Reclines.
Chat with the groan-ups: https://twitter.com/NamoInExile
rlbgbc Profile Photorlbgbc Profile Photo
rlbgbc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: Angels, anyone?#6
Posted: 4/28/04 at 10:36am
redhot (purr.....)

I think that "Kiss An Angel Good Morning" was/is a country song, recorded in the 60s by Charley Pride. Not that I'm an expert on country music or anything.... :)
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: Angels, anyone?#7
Posted: 4/28/04 at 10:38am
I find that there's a lot of good Country stuff out there for Broadway and cabaret singers - its an unexamined goldmine!
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
She got the gold mine and I got the shaft.
Chat with the groan-ups: https://twitter.com/NamoInExile
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I just bet you do...er...did....LOL
robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
WHEN YOU MEET AN ANGEL from Eric Lane Barnes' FAIRY TALES...lovely song.

And, of course, ANGEL OF THE MORNING (my personal favorite 'angel' song).
"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks Robbie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Let's go straight to the TOP!

"I married an angel" - Larry and Dick (a great great song)

"..And the angel's sing" - Johnny Mercer

redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ok, don't shoot me - but who are Larry and Dick?...Johnny Mercer I adore - so that one should be easy to find.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Rodgers and Hart!

...and I'm the anti-christ of Broadway! /????(LOL)!!

Mother Macree!!
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I knew it had to be something that simple...I've been having migraines lately and can't quite think straight (don't say it) among other things...
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
JohnPopa Profile PhotoJohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Angel" by Aerosmith.

"Heaven Can Wait" by Meat Loaf (... and a band of angels wrapped up in my heart ...)

Both Poison and Styx have songs called "Fallen Angel." (I'm sure other bands do too.)

WASP's "Keep Holding On" (.. can you take me to heaven, show me the way 'cause I'm no angel ..)
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
uh - thanks JP...and Voice, I drink a cup of Green Tea every day - but it just don't help!
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
(In the arms of an) Angel by Sarah McLachlan

(Angel is a) Centerfold by the J.Geils Band

Come to Jesus by Mindy Smith ("You have angels standin' round your shoulder, 'cuz sometimes in life you need a helpin' hand...)
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ooooh...I forgot about my favorite Alaskan chanteuse turned poet, Jewel.

She has a truly lovely song called Angel Standing By (I think that's what it's called...it's on her first album...you know...the good one).
"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."
nystateomind04 Profile Photonystateomind04 Profile Photo
nystateomind04
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
did someone mention that song "calling on angels", is that even what it is called? i know those lyrics are features in it at least. and i think there is a pop song called "angel of mine", but i dont know who its by...
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
(Just call me) Angel of the Morning by Anne Murray

(Have I *totally* dated myself yet???)
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10