Page: 1

De Lovely

sabrelady Profile Photosabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
De Lovely#0
Posted: 4/20/04 at 7:28pm
Just saw the trailer for this film. It looks great! Such an intersting group doing the songs. Elvis Costello, Alanis Morrisette among others. Of course the chief performer of the songs is Kevin Kline as Cole Porter. PLUS they don't shy away from the issue of his sexual orientation. It looks great very stylish. REALLY want to see this one!!!
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin Im going to have to science the shit outta this. The Martian
MasterLcZ Profile PhotoMasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: De Lovely#1
Posted: 4/20/04 at 8:17pm
Did we see the same trailer? The one I saw was all "Cole n' Linda'. It made me think that NIGHT AND DAY (with Monty Wooley, Cary Grant, Eve Arden & Mary Martin) seems to be gayer than "De-Lovely".
The fact that Linda Porter was a bit older than Cole and a lesbian seems to have been ignored by the film-makers.
"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: De Lovely#2
Posted: 4/21/04 at 8:40am
Linda Lee's sexual issues are definately passed over. ( frankly i always thought she was asexual meself) Actually it looked like mostly Cole in the trailer I saw...which is fine by me! It's his talent & life I find interesting. LLP always seemed like a "supporting character" in his life story!
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin Im going to have to science the shit outta this. The Martian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: De Lovely#3
Posted: 4/21/04 at 11:09am
Am I the only one who's cringing listening to some of these sound clips on the website? Alanis must have needed a career boost.
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: De Lovely#4
Posted: 4/21/04 at 7:07pm
BUT it will bring in a younger demographic who might otherwise skip this bio! "bums in the seats!!!