and no Mary Bond Davis? (nm)#2
Posted: 5/12/03 at 8:41am
TheaterBaby Profile PhotoTheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Where was Linda Lavin?#3
Posted: 5/12/03 at 9:13am
She should have gotten a nomination for "Hollywood Arms!" I'm glad to see that Michelle Pawk was nominated, but Linda did a phenominal job in her role, and it's a crime that she was not nominated.
"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~
mitchern
Swing
Swing
La Boheme - Tony's for everyone???????#4
Posted: 5/12/03 at 9:13am
Give me a break!
Swing
Swing
Tony nominations#5
Posted: 5/12/03 at 9:49am
What a fun morning. Several thoughts:
1) I think HAIRSPRAY got more noms than PRODUCERS (they got 12 and won every one...HAIRSPRAY wont)
2) Oversights in Actress categories: Linda Lavin, Edie Falco, Emily Skinner, Cherry Jones, Swoosie Kurtz, Jenn Colella, Sally Mayes all should have been recognized
3)Oversights in Actor categories: Leo Burmester, Matt Cavenaugh,
Stephen Spinella (choir director in Our Town), the gentleman who plays the snail in FROG AND TOAD (sorry I forgot his name), the alcholic father in HOLLYWOOD ARMS (forgot his name too), and of course Frank Gorshin (congrats to Paul Newman !!!!!!!)
4) Special congrats to Donald Holder for his well deserved Lighting nomination for MOVING OUT (really made the show work !)
5) Joe Mantello and Jack O'Brien should win the Director Awards
6) Bernadette's nomination is enough; give award to someone else
7)FLOWER DRUM SONG'S new book made no sense w/the music !!!!!
Tony nominationsGive Harvey the award right now and save the others the wait
Would love to hear other folks reactions to noms...start typing
My view of overlooked and a sure winner
TheaterBaby Profile PhotoTheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Re: Tony nominations#6
Posted: 5/12/03 at 10:06am
The father in "Hollywood Arms" I believe was played by Frank Wood? That was such an excellent play; it's a shame it had such a short run. Re: Tony nominations
I totally agree about Harvey...it will be the shock of Tony night if he doesn't win. I wonder if he will go as Harvey or Edna (he did both at the Grammy's).
I disagree about Bernadette. We all knew she would be nominated, but I believe she will be very deserving if she wins. I think she portrays Mama Rose in a wonderul new way; though, if Marissa wins it won't be a huge shock. Those 2 are the definite front runners. Anyone else winning in that category would be a surprise.
"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~
Swing
Swing
FROG & TOAD ACTOR#7
Posted: 5/12/03 at 10:27am
The gentleman whom I enjoyed so in Frog & Toad and who played the snail among other characters is nameD Frank Vlasnik....sorry he didnt get a nod but more talent here than statues
babyface
Understudy
Understudy
How does someone become a nominator?
ShineOn Profile PhotoShineOn Profile Photo
ShineOn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Christine over Emily? What??#9
Posted: 5/12/03 at 8:38pm
In the words of my darlin' Robbie... HOW could Christine "Where am i? Who am i? Why am i?" Ebersole get a nom over Emily?! Unjust, I tell ya. Emily was robbed. I knew she wouldn't get a nom, but I still was hoping.

I was also upset Kerry Butler was snubbed.
"You! You are the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber! And you, well, I just plain don't like you."
~Stewart Gilligan Griffin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Kerry Butler#10
Posted: 5/12/03 at 10:33pm
What a shame about Kerry Butler!
Piercemn Profile PhotoPiercemn Profile Photo
Piercemn
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Frank Gorshin#11
Posted: 5/13/03 at 8:15pm
I was astonished that Say Goodnight, Gracie was nominated for Best Play, but that Frank Gorshin's glorious performance was not. What a pity. He is great. You don't ever not believe that he's not really George Burns. If you are in NYC, DON'T MISS IT!
NYC Visitor and Broadway Fan
Kenickie73
Swing
Swing
Kerry Butler??????????????????#12
Posted: 5/14/03 at 6:57pm
Why hasn't she been nominsated, she was absoloutely amzing, the best performer on Broadway! I have yet to find a performer who can do the job as well as her!!!!
CJR Profile PhotoCJR Profile Photo
CJR
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Interesting.....#13
Posted: 5/15/03 at 2:57pm
Hurray for Michele and John. Well deserved nominations there!. However I would have liked to see Michi up leading actress and Donna Lynne Champlin up for Featured actress. DL's performance in HA was superb -- and I find Louise (Michi's character) much more of a leading role than featured. Ah well, this is me beating a dead horse with a closed show lol

CJR
"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...