Page: 1

London TABOO

Ruffian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
London TABOO#0
Posted: 4/16/04 at 7:23pm
Currently on....(SOB)

WHERE THE HELL IS THE BROADWAY RECORDING (SOB)

Such High Drama

I AM enjoying it (SOB)

NO CHOICE

It really is VERY good

*****SOB*****

Belter
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: London TABOO#1
Posted: 4/16/04 at 8:52pm
I listen to it at least twice a week, sometimes three times in a row. I especially have been loving "Pie in the Sky" and "Ich Bin Kunst" which rocks!

I am anxious for the Broadway version!! What is taking so long??
Kelly Profile PhotoKelly Profile Photo
Kelly
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: re: London TABOO#2
Posted: 4/16/04 at 8:55pm
It is good, isn't it? I would be in heaven if it were possible to smoosh both the London and Broadway versions into one show. I especially love the scene in Act 2 when George visits Billy and Kim and is stumbling all over... so heart breaking. Euan is unbelievable. I cannot wait to see him in whatever he gets up to next.

Have to, of course, mention Pie in the Sky. Fantastic song. Totally different feeling on stage than on the CD. Wow.

mid-May... mid-May... mid-May... sigh...

~Kelly (still kicking myself for not seeing Taboo while I was in London *sob*)

*Edited because... oops, I assumed you were talking about the DVD!
Perfect love, perfect sin...there is no perfect anything.
Updated On: 4/16/04 at 08:55 PM
luvtheEmcee Profile PhotoluvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: London TABOO#3
Posted: 4/16/04 at 8:56pm
I love the London recording too, but I can't wait for the OBCR. I really like a lot of the songs that weren't in the B'way production, especially Pie in the Sky.
A work of art is an invitation to love.
Holson2006
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: re: re: re: London TABOO#4
Posted: 4/16/04 at 9:48pm
I can't wait for the cd...the OBC is supposed to come out mid May!! The cast is unbelievable and the cd should be sooo good! The London cd is great but the OBC is going to be amazing!
johny0828 Profile Photojohny0828 Profile Photo
johny0828
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: re: re: London TABOO#5
Posted: 4/16/04 at 11:24pm
i had itin my hands today at best buy, cause i can't wait any longer for the obc recording. there are a lot of songs not in the ny production and alot of the songs are sang by different characters. is it worth buying, is it a good fix till the obc is released?
Holson2006
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: re: re: re: re: re: London TABOO#6
Posted: 4/17/04 at 6:00am
The London recording is really good and I would sugguest to buy it since the OBC isn't available at the moment. Euan Morton is on the CD and he does a great job. The songs that didn't make it to the Broadway version are still really good! Hope that helped!
luvtheEmcee Profile PhotoluvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: London TABOO#7
Posted: 4/17/04 at 2:24pm
johny, it's definitely "a good fix." I wasn't going to buy it, but since there is little definite news of the OBCR, I was getting frustrated with being Taboo-less, so I bought the OLCR, and now I'm absolutely addicted to it. Yes, it's different actors, different characters singing some songs, and some songs that weren't in the B'way production, but it's a really good CD, and for the most part, it's still the same music that made Taboo as wonderful as it was. I'd definitely pick up a copy.
A work of art is an invitation to love.