Page: 1

THE BOY FROM OZ in London...

CATSNYrevival Profile PhotoCATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
THE BOY FROM OZ in London...#0
Posted: 4/14/04 at 2:04am
...do you think it will happen? What about national tours?
jo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: THE BOY FROM OZ in London...#1
Posted: 4/14/04 at 2:11am
THE BOY FROM OZ in London could happen. Robert Fox, one of the show's producers, is from the UK and may be interested to bring it over to the West End. Hugh may be too busy with his film projects to reprise the role, but one never knows. They might consider someone like Aussie Jason Donovan for the role - except he will be tied up with CHITTY by September.

But I think it will be a welcome addition to the shows at the West End.

Janki Profile PhotoJanki Profile Photo
Janki
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: THE BOY FROM OZ in London...#2
Posted: 4/14/04 at 6:44am
Apparently Hugh has said that he wants to come to London with the show,if it transfers! Hope so! He is amazing (and yes..yummy!)
Popular...You're gonna be Popuular....;)
jo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: THE BOY FROM OZ in London...#3
Posted: 4/14/04 at 7:19am
Yes, that will bring him back to his roots in the international theatre scene. He was introduced in OKLAHOMA! in 1998 at the Royal National Theatre.
Updated On: 4/14/04 at 07:19 AM
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I guess it would only happen if the Broadway version makes money. Is this likely?

Of course given that Jackman has already appeared in the West End and that Peter Allen, I believe, was not as widely known as in Australia and the U.S. it would seem unlikely. I wouldn't be too surprised if a short Australian season (in Sydney) was on the cards though. After all Hugh Jackman has never appeared on stage there, only in Melbourne (Beauty and the Beast and Sunset Boulevard).
Plum
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: THE BOY FROM OZ in London...#5
Posted: 4/14/04 at 10:45am
I doubt this will happen anytime soon with Jackman, unless his career suddenly plummets. I think that when he goes back to theater it'll be in a different role rather than repeating the same thing. Which is as it should be.
jo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: THE BOY FROM OZ in London...#6
Posted: 4/14/04 at 6:54pm
Realistically, I would agree with you, Plum. I think that if Hugh comes back to the theatre, especially in London, it will probably be in a classic or straight play, and probably in a Trevor Nunn production. I would like this to happen, too - as it would showcase Hugh's actual theatre training background.