Page: 1

Tarantino on Madonna's acting !

Tarantino on Madonna's acting !#0
Posted: 4/10/04 at 8:36pm
Quentin on Madonna!

The new issue of Entertainment Weekly (16 April issue) features a cover story with Quentin Tarantino to promote his new film Kill Bill Vol. 2.

In it, he was asked about Madonna and her acting skills:

Entertainment Weekly: Madonna has been a conversation point in a few of your films. Are you interested in working with her?

Quentin Tarantino: "I've always said that Madonna has gotten a bad rap. She was the only actor who knew what she was doing in Dick Tracy. She was my favorite in A League of Their Own. If I had something right for her, I would totally cast her."
Updated On: 4/10/04 at 08:36 PM
etoile Profile Photoetoile Profile Photo
etoile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Tarantino on Madonna's acting !#1
Posted: 4/10/04 at 9:02pm
Oh please, more Hollywood "let's make nice talk." Actions speak louder than words. If Quentin is that enamored he would see to it that he had something *right* for her.
Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Tarantino on Madonna's acting !#2
Posted: 4/10/04 at 10:17pm
Anyone who caught Quentin Tarantino in WAIT UNTIL DARK will realize that the man doesn't know ANYTHING about acting. It was one of the worst performances I've ever seen on Broadway.
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
But he is one hell of a director--I say let him give her a chance. If he can't get a fantastic performance out of her--maybe no one can.
Updated On: 4/10/04 at 11:47 PM
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i wanna see her in an updated version of the "like a virgin" speech in resevoir dogs...
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
MasterLcZ Profile PhotoMasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"She was the only actor who knew what she was doing in Dick Tracy."

In other words, "She really nails the charecterization of a cheap, well-stacked, bleached-blond floozy."

re: re: re: re: re: tarantino on madonna's acting !
"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"
sabrelady Profile Photosabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
*ahem* "I strain in vain to train Madonna's brain..."
The kid can dance and occ she has been funny( the SNL skit she did w Roseanne) But can us say "limited range" boys & girls? I knew u could!!!
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin Im going to have to science the shit outta this. The Martian
JohnPopa Profile PhotoJohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
She WAS the only one who knew what she was doing in 'Dick Tracy.' Her character seemed a part of the world and then revealed more as the movie grew in scope; the rest were guys in cartoon suits.
Jane2 Profile PhotoJane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I like Madonna and I think she does have a certain amount of talent in dance and music, and has the charisma to make her the huge star she is today- but acting? No. She's got too much attitude and it shows in her voice and face. I don't think she can ever get past that.
<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES