Page: 1

NYC - too hot to handle for the GOP convention?

MasterLcZ Profile PhotoMasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This may or may not happen, but it seems that with all those pesky new revelations and continued American bloodshed in Iraq.....there is a move to NOT hold the GOP convention in New York City, after all.

I personally think they should relocate to someplace like...Tuscon!

(In all fairness, it should be noted that the Dems will encounter huge pro-and-con demonstrations in Boston over Gay Marriage, which they have been approaching VERY VERY gingerly. And with very long tweezers.)
"Should I Stay or Should I Go?"
"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i think it's more of a disaster if they walk away now admitting defeat. in the end it won't really matter because the gop convention won't be shown much wherever it is. focus will be instead on the protesters. face it, a.n.s.w.e.r. is determined to send busloads of folks to picket wherever. heck the only place they might think twice about is if they held it in selma. so protesters or no protesters, they'll come.

more interesting to me is whether the democratic convention can be managed so as not to turn into a repeat of paul wellstone's funeral. it would be awful if their candidate came out of his convention lower than when he went in.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
MasterLcZ Profile PhotoMasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Very good points, Papa, though I don't think Wellstones funeral was as horrifyingly tasteless as it was whipped-up to be.

I do think Kerry's behaviour and demeanor at the Democratic convention will be very interesting to see.
"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
well, master, as people keep telling me about iraq, "it's not the reality that matters. it's the way things are perceived on the arab street and on main street!!" but it will be interesting to watch.

i've been lurking occasionally on some of the blogs of the new air america shows and places like the democratic underground and daily kos. if some of those folks or people who agree with them get anywhere near the stage, whew...they'll make pat buchanan's '92 speech sound like "checkers." fortunately their tin-foil hats might reflect light into the cameras and blind the viewers.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective