Page: 1

DESPERATE plea for music help

Lorelai Profile PhotoLorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
DESPERATE plea for music help#0
Posted: 4/9/04 at 3:14pm
I just found out last week that, because of a job situation, the person I have been involved with for quite a long time, has to move for 2 years to what feels like a million miles away. It's a complicated situation, but we aren't "breaking up" but it still feels that way. I know I won't be able to see her much (if ever) and our phone calls will limited. We can still email each other but even that is going to be limited.

So, basically someone who has been in my life almost every single day for the past 3 years, is just...well, not going to be be there anymore.

To put it mildly, I am totally devastated and I've been crying my eyes out for the past two days. But one of many things I want to do is make her a a few cd's for her flight.

So PLEASE...my mind is on overload right now so I can't seem to think straight...can anyone suggest some songs? I'm sure most of you at least know one song that would be fitting for something like this, I just to find some songs to express my how much love I feel. (That evens sounds a bit trite, but I guess love can make you do things you normally wouldn't do. may sound trite

We have one or two songs that are "ours" but for the rest, I am turning to you all for help. I know that everyone on this board has appreciation for music.

Any suggestions would be VERY much appreciated. Thanks.
(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: DESPERATE plea for music help#1
Posted: 4/9/04 at 3:20pm
Did you want really lovey songs? Does it matter if they are Broadway, or pop or whatever?
You've gotta have heart AND music
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: DESPERATE plea for music help#2
Posted: 4/9/04 at 3:25pm
....If you let me know I can give you a bunch....
Lorelai
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It doesn't matter if it's Broadway or pop...whatever the genre, I think that any type of song can emotional. Words are the most important thing, in my case at least. Thanks TripleStar,
(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
There's a song by a bluegrass artist, Laurie Lewis, that is one of my favorite songs of all time. No, I'm not generally a bluegrass fan (and certainly never country...) but I'll go to see Laurie Lewis any time she happens to be in town (and how happy am I that the next time happens to be next Sunday! But I digress...) The song is called Love Chooses You:

"Love comes unbidden, it can't be forbidden
It takes you and shakes you right down to you shoes.
It knows heartache and trial, love knows no denial.
You can't choose who you love, love chooses you."

If you can find a place to download it (iTunes has it) ...it's worth a listen.

And then there is Heart Like a Wheel. It was recorded by Linda Ronstadt (I just never warmed up to poor Linda...) but I prefer it as recorded by the McGarrigle Sisters (one of them wrote it).
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I'll pm them to you hun. I'm sorry about your loved one moving away.....Love sucks.
Lorelai
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Triple star,

Thanks for the PM. I must agree that love does indeed suck. One good thing though, she may be able to stretch a week or two but won't know until Monday. So I'm trying to be positive..
We're going to the Snoopy benefit on Monday (rehearsal and show) so I'm glad that we're going to that because she has never been to a benefit-type thing. Plus she has always wanted to meet Sutton Foster and someone I know said he'd make it happen which is great cause I know there are going to be tons of people (I think, anyway).