Page: 1

Jane Krakowski, Sherie Rene Scott, etc.

FrontRow
Stand-by
Stand-by
Jane Krakowski, Sherie Rene Scott, etc.#0
Posted: 4/5/04 at 2:18pm
Has anyone seen the movie MARCI X, with Damon Wayans as a rapper and Lisa Kudrow as his record label's president? Came out last summer and is now on DVD.

This is a HOR-RI-BLE movie, but it might be of interest to theater buffs because...

Jane Krakowski, Sherie Rene Scott and Veane Cox play Kudrow's best friends...

Paul Rudnick wrote the screenplay...

Marc Shaiman wrote the songs...

Matthew Morrison plays a member of a boy band.

But the screenplay is godawful, and the songs embarrassing. It's supposed to be a parody in the Airplane/Naked Gun mold, but it's nowhere near funny enough (even in a stupid sense) for that. The love story is icky. The depiction of rap concerts/fans/performers is highly unrealistic. And the "gayness" is contrived & heavyhanded.

Also, in how many more movies will Christine Baranski play a narrow-minded shrieking harridan?

The movie sucks, but I thought some theater diehards would at least want to know who's involved.
Craig Profile PhotoCraig Profile Photo
Craig
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Adam Flemming is also in that boy band unless I'm mistaken...
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka
Al Dente Profile PhotoAl Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They should all move to another country after being involved in that piece of CRAP. It is embarrassing to all the cast. I don't know how a train wreck like that even happens. It's gasp-worthy bad.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Actually all four guys in the boy band are broadway people. Micheal Seelbach, Manley Pope, Adam Fleming and Matt Morrison. I enjoyed the movie, it was stupid, but i like dumb movies.
Al Dente Profile PhotoAl Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Mistress, that's a movie even "people who love dumb movies" should be deeply offended by.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Im sorry Al, my boy Matt is in it and I enjoyed watching him cuddle with other boys wearing pink. The whole time I was kinda hoping hed have to kiss Manley.
Lorelai Profile PhotoLorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I actually dragged two of my friends to see this movie when it was in theaters and yeah, it's probably one of the worst movies ever. SO bad, in fact, we'd just laugh and think "what the hell kind of studio would have given the green light to such a bad movie?!
(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."
EponineThenardier Profile PhotoEponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I hate how when broadway stars (who are incrdible actors and singers) try to get roles in movies they are cast in CRAP! It's horrible.

Adam Pascal was in School of Rock which wasn't wonderful but certainly better than some, AND he was playing the lead singer for a band so you got to hear him sing.
localonecrew
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
in the boy band is not only matty but also another ex-cast member of hairspray and manley pope.
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

am I invisible or what? I already named the FOUR broadway boys that make up the boy band.
localonecrew
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
can anybody else tell me the names of the other two besides matty and manley?
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
localonecrew
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
anybody? c'mon, someone has to know thier names!