H. Clinton to Indian-Americans: "Look at me! Near someone that doesn't work at a gas station!"

ckeaton Profile Photockeaton Profile Photo
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
http://www.broadway.com/template_3.asp?CT=26&CI=35531&AP=5&NA=B

This is awful... not too long after the "Ghandi works at a gas station" joke, Hillary Clinton is seen mugging for cameras at the 2004 American India Awards. Is this part of a public service settlement for insensitive remarks? You can guarantee that she was there for NO other reason.

This reminds me of a much higher profile "carrier landing" that was much maligned.
Hamlet's father.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well, except of course that nobody DIED as a result of her actions. But other than that... sure.

How DARE she try to make amends for a past mistake. If only that concept were palatable to Rove and his boy.
Chat with the groan-ups: https://twitter.com/NamoInExile
Updated On: 4/5/04 at 01:37 PM
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I can't think of anyone ever DYING as a result of a photo-op.

Except of course from laughter at this half-hearted attempt at garnering some positive press.

Hamlet's father.
MasterLcZ Profile PhotoMasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think the photos of this weekends' Bagdad riots were an absolute scream!
"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"
Updated On: 4/5/04 at 01:50 PM
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That is pretty far off-topic and incredibly insensitive, LcZ.

But I've come to expect that kind of comment from the angry, thrashing left. I know the majority of you would go to the death for Mrs. Clinton. I'm glad you can trivialize deaths in regards to an awards show photo-op. Very appropriate.
Hamlet's father.
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No, I think the point is to juxtapose your attempt to again discredit Hillary when the politicians you would go to the death for are guilty of much worse.

And, face it--you are a minority on this site. About time white, Republican men know how that feels.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I wouldn't go to the death for Hilary Clinton AT ALL. And let's face it, the aircraft carrier may have just been a "photo op" in your opinion, but the well-placed "Mission Accomplished" was intended to be the capper to a little adventure that HAS cost lots of lives. And continues to be costing lives, so maybe the mission wasn't accomplished at all?

It's funny that you're reduced to STILL going after Hilary and then you talk about an "angry, thrashing left." I chuckled as I wrote my response to you.
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That's right. Mock the deaths of innocents to illustrate your points. Really, you should feel good about your cause.

your attempt to again discredit Hillary when the politicians you would go to the death for
I have said neither. To my knowledge I have not ever previously commented on Mrs. Clinton, and I can not agree with your personalization of the latter part of the sentence.

"And, face it--you are a minority on this site. "
Also... thank you for bringing your assumptions about me into your ridiculous argument. You are a shining example of the other idiots who espouse one set of beliefs while acting to the contrary.

Hamlet's father.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
turnabout's fair play#8
Posted: 4/5/04 at 2:13pm
"[a]nd, face it--you are a minority on this site. [a]bout time white, [r]epublican men know how that feels."

hmmm, so rather than show these wayward souls a better way in the hopes that your example might enlighten them, jrb, you are content to subject them to the same kind of treatment that you find offensive? i would think that instead of perpetuating a cycle of anger one who has experienced mishandling at the hands of a so-called majority would try to move beyond it. but then i guess it is difficult to break through the basic human need for revenge. but it is curious that those who claim to inhabit the higher moral ground in so many other debates would cling so diligently to the low road when it comes to persons who disagree with their views.

all that said, it's rare that i feel anything but love here at bww.com, except on forays onto the main board when i often feel revulsion, pity and an increased incidence of gas.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
MasterLcZ
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What makes you think that all of us love Hillary?

I've not been a fan of hers ever since she voted for a needless war.

"Mission Accomplished", huh?

ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"What makes you think that all of us love Hillary?"
Oh come on... as you yourself have demonstrated LcZ, the OT board is all about vast generalizations and bandwagon ranting. I disagree with the President's public policy often... but you've unknowingly characterized me as a bible thumping maniac.
Hamlet's father.
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My comment was mostly in response to the constant whining that some of the conservatives on this board do when the rest of us disagree with you. I'm just saying, "awwww--now you know how it feels".

And, I really won't accept any holier than thou comments from either of you--both of you are known for taking the high and low roads on this site depending on how pissed off you get. "You can dish it out, but you can not take it".
MasterLcZ
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Now stop that, ck! (Putting hands on hips, with a big Shirley Temple frown)

I never said you were a "bible thumping maniac".

I think you need to have some Godless Girl Scout Thin Mints and a nice big glass of milk.
Updated On: 4/5/04 at 02:21 PM
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
jrb you [expletive deleted]#13
Posted: 4/5/04 at 2:28pm
jrb, you [expletive deleted], how dare you [expletive deleted] accuse me of taking the [expletive deleted] low [expletive deleted] road. i [expletive deleted] cannot [expletive deleted] believe that [expletive deleted]. i so [expletive deleted] am ready to [expletive deleted] haul my [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted] out to [expletive deleted] astoria and [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted] your [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted]! so just [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted] keep that in [expletive deleted] mind, you [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted].

rob and craig had absolutely no hand in deleting my expletives.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Updated On: 4/5/04 at 02:28 PM
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Not holier than thou, really...not constant whining either. I would suggest that the more constant whining is coming from other sources. I'm no better than anyone else here, I know that. I just don't understand the double standard...

Pardon me for a moment, I have a bone to pick with JRB:
Now I'm a conservative ! That's the last straw. The gloves are off. Where do you live? I'm gonna come there kick your [expletive deleted].
Hamlet's father.
Updated On: 4/5/04 at 02:28 PM
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
hmmm--both of you are getting me all hot and bothered!! =)

I just HOPE that both of you know that when we are discussing non-politics, I don't hate your guts. I actually like you guys just fine.

Especially when you talk all hot and tough to me!! =)
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Please enlighten me, CK, and explain how this is not one of the vast generalizations you talk about from the "other side of the aisle?"

"But I've come to expect that kind of comment from the angry, thrashing left."

Also, what exactly did you post your not very well argued thread for in the first place if not to provoke a response?
MasterLcZ
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think you need some of their Peanut Butter sandwich cookies, too..
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
cookies and commies#18
Posted: 4/5/04 at 2:34pm
see, i shoulda known it! jrb, you do this just to provoke me into a slathering rage because you think i'm cute when i'm all red faced and sweaty and of course i fall for it every time. i feel so manipulated and violated.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: cookies and commies#19
Posted: 4/5/04 at 2:34pm
AGAIN! Now you know how it feels! LOL =)
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: cookies and commies#20
Posted: 4/5/04 at 2:35pm
I think Karen Ziemba is to blame for all of it!!!!!
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: cookies and commies#21
Posted: 4/5/04 at 2:36pm
i am sure i don't understand that comment at all, nope not one bit, and even if i did i would surely not acknowledge that i did, ya li'l cutie pie!

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: cookies and commies#22
Posted: 4/5/04 at 2:38pm
"I think Karen Ziemba is to blame for all of it!!!!!"

More cogent analysis from one of the board's deepest thinkers... accent on the "anal."

Any chance of you disappearing for a few months to "craft" another column, Antho? How about something on the disasterous state of the organic dairy farm in the US today? I understand that many dairy farmers are heavy-set, which you abhor, and there's the connection to Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton from their reality series, which gives you the pop cult hook and vapidity you require. Go to it man! We'll look forward to the completed product sometime in July. See you then!
Updated On: 4/5/04 at 02:38 PM
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"your not very well argued thread"
To respond to your "not very well worded" response...
I'll give you the 3rd Grade reading level synopsis... Look at the photo-op! Can you argue that the photo-op and the Gas Station joke aren't somewhat related? If you can tell me that they are not, then I agree this thread did not have a well-worded point.

Was the other senator from NY there? Nope, probably not. He didn't HAVE to be.

I stand by the "angry, thrashing" comment. There is a subset of the democrats and liberals on this board that do nothing but leak hostility and anger into every rational debate. Many never even offer potent comments.
Hamlet's father.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
When referring to human beings, use "who" not "that," you silly grammarian!

Again, I ask you, CK, why do you mock her for attempting to make amends for past mistakes? Is it because people from your side never, ever will directly say they made a mistake???? Let's even look at the most trivial recent example, the White House denials over the Letterman clip last week.