Page: 1

help! two monologues needed!

innocentchoirboy Profile Photoinnocentchoirboy Profile Photo
innocentchoirboy
Stand-by
Stand-by
help! two monologues needed!#0
Posted: 3/30/04 at 8:04pm
anyone got two one minute or less monolouges that are contrasting and easily learned in twenty four hours?

[[gasp for air]]
"We ought to make the pie higher." --George W. Bush, South Carolina Republican Debate; February 15, 2000
redhotinnyc2 Profile Photoredhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: help! two monologues needed!#1
Posted: 3/31/04 at 11:15am
I think your message might require some more information - whats your age range and type? You'll need monologues that reflect your age and character type. So some more information would be helpful. I am sure there are MANY actors who are members here and in the same age range as you, who could provide the information you are looking for. Good luck - and if you are in NY - check out the Drama book shop. It has anything you could want on the subject.
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: help! two monologues needed!#2
Posted: 3/31/04 at 12:06pm
You have no buisness wasting the auditors time with two monolugues that you have not worked on for more than 24 hours. Skip this audition or use something you already know.
PEACE.
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: help! two monologues needed!#3
Posted: 3/31/04 at 1:29pm
Agreed with Sueleen on this one...
You've gotta have heart AND music
Zola Q. LaPlaya Profile PhotoZola Q. LaPlaya Profile Photo
Zola Q. LaPlaya
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Suellen is right.

After you skip your audition, check out the Laramie Project, Arcadia, Angels in America.
Stop worrying about what I'm doing -- focus instead on what you're eating.
redhotinnyc2 Profile Photoredhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
boy - you guys and gals sure hit the nail on the head and why didn't I think of that?LOL...yes - don't go unprepared to an audition - and never do a monologue from a show that you haven't read from cover to cover - it gives you SO much more insight into the character, even if you've never seen a production of the show - read it - over and over again - my acting teacher always called it "Sherlock Holmes-ing" the script...look for all the clues -like what other characters say about the one you are portraying, for example....its all in the writing.
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
And for God's sakes, read some plays.
innocentchoirboy Profile Photoinnocentchoirboy Profile Photo
innocentchoirboy
Stand-by
Stand-by
well, i did the audition, and luckily i found a monologue i did a year ago that i remarkably still remembered. i had no intention of going to this audition so poorly unprepared, but our director had the audition moved just so four of us could make it. i was guilted into it. it wasn't bad, but i know it wasn't my best. oh well, they only take seven kids in the state anyway. as for not being prepared, its terrible, but adreneline does have its merrits. i did a dramatic interp. for forensics this year from Sam Shepherd's "A Lie Of The Mind" (read it. even if you don't like shepherd, this play is worth looking at.) which i was handed the night before the performance. i don't know how the hell i did it, but i made it to states. there is such a thing as luck!!!!!
"We ought to make the pie higher." --George W. Bush, South Carolina Republican Debate; February 15, 2000