Page: 1

Bush allows gays to be fired for being gay.

iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
Corine2 Profile PhotoCorine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Bush is only for now.
WindyCityActor Profile PhotoWindyCityActor Profile Photo
WindyCityActor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
GWB is such a sh*t!

Sorry folks, but it's just how I feel, and I'm not usually so caught up in politics!

Ruffian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dubya is one dumb-azz, if he gets re-elected I am gonna scream & look for another country

oh wait I can't move, can't leave Broadway

Its the only reason to stay
DonelBee Profile PhotoDonelBee Profile Photo
DonelBee
Understudy
Understudy
This article, if accurate, is VERY frightening!

But a question arises in my mind. The MisLeader article is dated March 20. I have not seen or heard any mention of this in any other of the media. Wouldn't there have been articles about this in at least the NY Times? And wouldn't the HRC and the ACLU have had mass mailings on this? Just a thought......
"We have enough youth -- How about a Fountain of Smart?" ________________________ "I'm not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Be sure to read the source articles. It is clarified a bit more. According to the sources, there never was anything protecting discrmination of federal employees based on sexual orientation to begin with. This site is all about Bush-bashing, so you have to take the article with a grain of salt and research the facts. Discrimination of any kind is wrong, but the article suggests states that "the Office of Special Counsel ruled that federal employees will now 'have no recourse if they are fired or demoted simply for being gay'", when if you read the article, you will note that there was no protection to begin with.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I haven't checked the references listed at the end of the article in depth, but a spot check showed the statements to be substantiated as indicated.

One could always question whether several related statements have been taken out of context and linked together to create a false impression. I honestly haven't checked. I think a lot of things are done that are eroding the freedom of various groups that manage to fly under the radar, until a watchdog group manages to synthesize the parts into a coherent "big picture".

All things being equal, it's just not hard for me to imagine that the story is accurate.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
not only that matt, but the osc's investigation into the law and any decisions that come as a result of that investigation will not even begin until next month when the legal staff arrives. until things are sorted out the sexual orientation material was removed from government websites. but why let facts get in the way of a good dig on gw?
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't like GWB and I especially disapprove of discrimination, but I really hate spinning facts to create an illusion of misconduct no matter which team you're on.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Point taken. Good catch, DonalBee, et al.