Page: 1

Bin Laden, maybe?

iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Bin Laden, maybe?#0
Posted: 3/18/04 at 1:53pm
CNN is reporting that the Pakistani president has told them he believes troops have surrounded al Qaeda fighters protecting "high-value target." A little vague, but potentially very interesting.
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Bin Laden, maybe?#1
Posted: 3/18/04 at 2:03pm
It's being reported that it is his #2 man.
PEACE.
Karma76 Profile PhotoKarma76 Profile Photo
Karma76
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Bin Laden, maybe?#2
Posted: 3/18/04 at 2:03pm
NO, i wish

Pakistan (AP) Pakistani troops believe they have surrounded al-Qaida No. 2 Ayman al-Zawahri in an operation near the Afghan border, three senior Pakistani officials told The Associated Press on Thursday.

iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Bin Laden, maybe?#3
Posted: 3/18/04 at 2:04pm
Ah...close, but no cigar.
MasterLcZ Profile PhotoMasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Bin Laden, maybe?#4
Posted: 3/18/04 at 2:21pm
I have to admit, I was REALLY hoping the French had nabbed him. Supposedly, they 'almost' did a few days ago.
"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"
mamamia sammy Profile Photomamamia sammy Profile Photo
mamamia sammy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: Bin Laden, maybe?#5
Posted: 3/18/04 at 2:23pm
How much do you want to bet that they suddenly capture him right before the November election?
BroadwayWorld: A home for the dangerously unhinged
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: Bin Laden, maybe?#6
Posted: 3/18/04 at 2:25pm
Oh, I imagine it is being scheduled for November sweeps.
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: Bin Laden, maybe?#7
Posted: 3/18/04 at 2:27pm
My cable is f*cked up...I've been missing 50 channels (including CNN) for several days. I'm staying home to wait for the cable guy to come tomorrow, but that doesn't really help me today. Sigh.
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: Bin Laden, maybe?#8
Posted: 3/18/04 at 2:30pm
Call me crazy, but even *I* can't imagine Bush & Co holding off on capturing ObinL just to help win an election.

I dunno, am I getting soft here? What's the matter with me? Someone slap me.
Karma76 Profile PhotoKarma76 Profile Photo
Karma76
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
your the 2nd one i heard say that. no doubt they do.
mamamia sammy Profile Photomamamia sammy Profile Photo
mamamia sammy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I just find it ironic that they have not been able to capture him this whole time and now all of a sudden we're getting this big build up to prepare for his capture.
BroadwayWorld: A home for the dangerously unhinged
orion59 Profile Photoorion59 Profile Photo
orion59
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It does seem rather coincidental that we are getting so close and that there is such a build up at the same time the Kerry is looking tougher to beat
http://www.danperezgallery.com
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
um, have you been following the polls? kerry's numbers have been dropping steadily since the rest of the folks dropped out. the last cbs/times poll had gw beating kerry 46-43 head to head (down from a kerry 47 bush 46 two weeks ago) and 46-38 with nader in the mix. hard to find those numbers though. they come in the 8th paragraph of the times's story. the headline not being, "bush moves ahead of kerry" like cbs but rather "nation's direction prompts voters' concern, poll finds." but i guess you can see whatever you want in the numbers, huh?

new question: if kerry continues to drop in the polls and is trailing significantly by the convention, does the dnc toss him to the side and pick a new horse to ride? if so, who?
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Updated On: 3/18/04 at 03:24 PM
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
orion59 Profile Photoorion59 Profile Photo
orion59
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Regardless of what the polls currently show, I still think Kerry will be a tough opponent. We all know that polls fluctuate back and forth and it's too early to much stock in what they show this week. In the end, even if the yahoo beats Kerry, it will have been close and it will have been a struggle. Unless, of course, Dubya happens to capture Bin Laden at a strategic time.
http://www.danperezgallery.com
Auggie27 Profile PhotoAuggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
First of all, it's Pakistan that has surrounded the number 2 man. This is no coup for the Bush regime, as the bland words of encouragement from Dr. Rice this a.m. would indicate. I think the Pakinstani army doing this solo doesn't put a feather anywhere near a Pentagon hat.

As for the Times thing on numbers, I have to agree with Papa. The big news of the Kerry drop -- and the it-won't-go-away Nader factor (ugh) was buried. It's like the Post headline the day after Super Tuesday: "Bush calls Kerry!" Yeah, Rupert, that's what made it Super. But these things are cyclic, everyone savvy about the season predicted the Kerry bounce would fade; no pundits thought he would hold once the Rove "Orange Alert Morning In America" ads started. The times article poll numbers came out after the Madrid bombings but before the election--which not everyone sees as a "win" for Al Q. (Love the letter today which reminds the Bushies that democracy is, in Rumsfeld's words, "messy" -- sometimes, darn it, in a democracy, those pesky people can vote you out.) And who knows the impact of the nightmare in Bagdad yesterday. It's very hard for anyone to spin these escalating attacks -- at least a potential prelude to civil war -- as pro-progress in Iraq.

But Papa's so right, as always; every faction plays the game, and I love watching the extremes spin everything. Tuesday, the Fox pundits were blaming the gas price hike -- and the 3 bucks a gallon projected for summer -- on extreme and erratic EPA controls on polution.
"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
Updated On: 3/18/04 at 03:37 PM
Ruffian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If President Cheney, I mean if President Bush hadn't spent the last year and a half looking for Oil in Saddamm's backyard & had he spent that time & money & troops looking for bin Laden, he would already have been caught

I know I am an X-Files Conspiracy person, but I see Capture close to Elections

That said, I want that Terrorist caught. Another thing said, no more Dubya
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
But as they say, Ruffian, the truth IS out there.
Ruffian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
LMAO

President Cheney is probably monitoring this message right now
mprince Profile Photomprince Profile Photo
mprince
Swing
Swing
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: bin laden, maybe? dig that picture, papalovesmambo.
yooooo raaaaaang?
Prisoner 24601: Bravery, Honor, and Sacrifice. michaelprince@ilovelesmis.com
mprince Profile Photomprince Profile Photo
mprince
Swing
Swing
BTW, the US House just upped the price tag on Bin Ladin by $25 mil. Maybe that Frenchman woulda tried a little harder had he known he could get $50,000,000 for running over Osama. re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: bin laden, maybe?
Prisoner 24601: Bravery, Honor, and Sacrifice. michaelprince@ilovelesmis.com
tpdc
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Oh, I expect Bin Laden to be "found" just before the election as well. Let's just hope it's premature like everything else Rove does and the bounce for Bush fades away in time for voters to remember the many reasons not to vote for him.