Page: 1

Wonderful Town- Technical glitch

Corine2 Profile PhotoCorine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wonderful Town- Technical glitch#0
Posted: 3/3/04 at 1:29am
This was a first there was a technical glitch before the show and it delayed the show almost an hour.
It was weird. But the show was even stronger then the first time i saw it.
Gregg Edelman was incredible. Donna Murphy was at peak performance she has legend written all over her. She just amazes me with her passion in this role.
Jennifer Westfeldt has the voice of an angel.
Wonderful Town is worth seeing twice if not thrice.
Updated On: 3/3/04 at 01:29 AM
musicaltheatreman
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Wonderful Town- Technical glitch#1
Posted: 3/3/04 at 1:30am
what was the tech problem???
Corine2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Some computer issue.
I go to the theater more then most and this was the first time i have encountered anything like this.
The show was to start at 7 and it was more like 8 pm.
The show was worth the wait but my date was a bit pissed as we missed our dinner reservation and he was hungry.
That is life.
The show was magical.
Updated On: 3/3/04 at 01:34 AM
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It was the sound board. Show started at 7:40 p.m. Made for an interesting evening! =)
son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photoson_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I would have guessed the lighting board, but the sound board is a good excuse too. On the other hand, many people say we shouldn't need sound amplification in the first place. re: re: re: re: Wonderful Town- Technical glitchRunning sound is harder than running lights I have found. With sound, there is no just pushing the go button. Though the lighting and sound systems I have used are probably far inferior to anything used proffesionally.
My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
Updated On: 3/3/04 at 07:50 AM
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
jrb_actor,

Did you have the pleasure of ushering Corine2 and her date to their seats? If so, please tell all!
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
With lighting, it is the art of design, not running the light board. With sound, it is sort of the art of running the board.
CCM '10!
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
y'know, there is a teensy bit more to it than that #11 having worked on both sides of the coin on broadways shows, but keep that winning attitude.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Corine2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It was a first for me but the show was worth the wait.
Gregg Edelman gave a better performance last night.
He really camped it up and his voice was strong. The first time i saw it he must have had a cold because his voice was not nearly as beautiful.
He was incredible as the Prince in Into The Woods and even more incredible last night. I want him to win Best Actor (Tony and Drama Desk) but i hear that is rapped for The Boy From Oz. I have yet to see that.
I want Gregg to win. It is tough this year i also want Rick Lyon to win would he be supporting i hope?
Updated On: 3/3/04 at 11:40 AM
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I will learn that as I grow...
CCM '10!
son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photoson_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I have something I need to get off my chest, how in the world do all these high school kids get to post when they are in school? Do they have a computer class or something where they are visiting the site instead of doing their work? I never had time to goof off like that! Geez!
My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
LadyGuenevere
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I never get to the computer during school.

*coughs*hooky*coughs* <-- at least today.

I do have reasons though.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
that's right, son. i too could never have managed to post like this while i was in high school...i was way too drunk!
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
rlbgbc Profile Photorlbgbc Profile Photo
rlbgbc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hey, at least it didn't happen in the MIDDLE of the show. I was at Showboat at the Prince Edward Theatre in London, and the entire show ground to halt in the middle of the second act. House lights up, announcement about the delay, etc. Was down for about 30 minutes. A London theatregoer sitting next to me told me it happens all the time in those old houses...the wiring sometimes can't handle all the computer stuff...whatever. That, too, was a computer issue.

It finally went up again with the stage crew onstage shoving sets in and out. The show only had about 25 minutes to go...I think they just wanted to get it over with!
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If I did seat Corine, I didn't recognize her. I was ushering lower right center orchestra last night.
BrdwyThtr Profile PhotoBrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A technical glitch like that happened when I saw Titanic, except my situation was that the little ship in the Act One finale lit on flames before the show. We all had to wait in the lobby while the NYFD extinguished it.
Benzy92 Profile PhotoBenzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
loved it the first time from my five dollar seat, cant wait till the cd comes out! dont think its worth a second visit however, unless it pops up on tdf or something. (or if carolee carmello replaces donna murphy :) wishful thinking)

did love donna murphy though
Sumofallthings Profile PhotoSumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If played Hooky in High School I sure as hell wouldn't have wasted it on a message board!
BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"
LadyGuenevere
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hey, I was on for about 30 min before going out. re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: wonderful t
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
High school kids get onto the computer during school hours the same way their teachers do. It's called libraries and free periods.

I hope that answers your question, Stunn/Gunn!
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
sabrelady Profile Photosabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hmm. Two episode's Last night there was a mishap when the wall that flies in to become the girls apt sorta stoped 1/2 way then seemed to fall the rest of the way and swayed vigourously All the actors seemed quie taken aback esp since it bounced once more. The actor playing Apopolus worked it into the description for the apt to much applause. Last week in TO I attended a really good production of Copenhagen. 1st act went off fine. @2nd act the computer projected graphics come up the actors come out and stand & stand & stand....Finally they walk off 10 mins later house lights up strained little voice announces aproblem with the sound system hope to fix shortly U can actually see frantic running around behind the projection screen. Abou 45 mins after intermission ended a voice announces will procede without the system Which promply comes on! Still was a great performance well worth it for those of us who waited. And before u ask no i dont think it was miking problems this production used music cues to underscore certain passages. ALL the performers were "old school" trained- Stratford & Shaw festival. And while the theatre is the VERY old Winter Garden it was TOTALLY restored @ great expense to the Ontario taxpayer. Some times sh*t just happens!!
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin Im going to have to science the shit outta this. The Martian