SITC Finale over! *spoilers*

newyorkuniq Profile Photonewyorkuniq Profile Photo
newyorkuniq
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
SITC Finale over! *spoilers*#0
Posted: 2/22/04 at 9:42pm
I am soo happy she ended up with Big. But after all the hype about the last episode I was kind of let down.
thirdrowcenter Profile Photothirdrowcenter Profile Photo
thirdrowcenter
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SITC Finale over! *spoilers*#1
Posted: 2/22/04 at 9:50pm
I never thought they'd end the show on such a happy note. I'm not let down at all though. I actually shed a few tears during the show.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SITC Finale over! *spoilers*#2
Posted: 2/22/04 at 9:53pm
I thought it was great, perfect. A final roar of strength from every single one of those great female characters. And each man in their lives needed their strength in the final episode. Perfect.

There's two kinds of people in the world, to paraphrase Jennifer Venasco badly paraphrasing Richard Goldstein: those of us who "get" Sex & The City, and those who don't.
I felt so great after the finale, I'm so lucky to belong to the former group.

I'd say it's right up there in the top three of my favorite sitcom finales with "Mary Tyler Moore" and "Newhart."
Chat with the groan-ups: https://twitter.com/NamoInExile
Broadwaylady Profile PhotoBroadwaylady Profile Photo
Broadwaylady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: SITC Finale over! *spoilers*#3
Posted: 2/22/04 at 9:54pm
I am thrilled it was Big. You also finally found out his name. I knew from last week's show, that Carrie was not going to be happy in Paris with AP. There were really no big surprises either except to show a softer Miranda. I was told there was going to be a death. Unless it was in another ending.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away." "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: SITC Finale over! *spoilers*#4
Posted: 2/22/04 at 9:55pm
"You've got the love, You've got the love."

I shed more than a few tears. When Magda kissed Miranda. When Samatha cried with Smith. When Carrie broke down in the hotel lobby. And when she walked back into the coffee shop.
CaTheatreGirl Profile PhotoCaTheatreGirl Profile Photo
CaTheatreGirl
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
So, Big's name is John. That was the revelation in the last 10 seconds. A lot of touching moments. Nice, but now it's over. What'll we do next Sunday?
robyn525600
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
It was absa****inlutely GREAT!!!!!!!! : ) I'm going to miss those ladies . . . .
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away."
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
And don't forget when Charlotte and Harry saw the picture of their baby.

Bless them all for foregoing edginess and giving us a grand slam happy ending! They are too few and far between.

And for that BWW.com tie-in ....she got SLAPPED. OMG...
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
thirdrowcenter
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Namo add Miranda telling Steve his mother could live with them.
Jane2 Profile PhotoJane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Big John" I love it! That episode was great! Filled with emotion and love. Perfect! OK now when's the movie?
<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
thirdrowcenter
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Bless them all for foregoing edginess and giving us a grand slam happy ending! They are too few and far between

yes, yes, yes,
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I agree that it was one of the top series finales ever. It ended happily, but the whole thing really depressed me for some reason. Besides the fact that it's over, I mean.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Wicked_Elphie Profile PhotoWicked_Elphie Profile Photo
Wicked_Elphie
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Ohhh that was so great.....
"Take a breath. Take a step. Take a chance. Take your time." -L5Y
BillFinn Profile PhotoBillFinn Profile Photo
BillFinn
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
It ended the way it should have ended, except one minor flaw. WHERE THE HELL WAS STANFORD AND HIS BOI!?!
Bill Finn rocks. Woot.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I've been doing the email debriefing with my friends who love the show and here's how it's shaping up... the three lesbians LOVED it, the three gay guys loved it but feel really sad, and the straight gals loved it too!
Auggie27 Profile PhotoAuggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Who didn't cry? I thought it was damn near perfect. The baby picture arriving was the start of the tears at my casa. I agree with Namo -- the most satisfying end of a series in many moons. And who knew that this quirky show could've been resolved? The last two seasons did deepen all of the women, and the payoff was in keeping with that evolution. A rare Sunday night.
"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
Updated On: 2/22/04 at 10:21 PM
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My husband, a big fan since the beginning, was pleased. Tally one on the plus side in the straight guy catagory, Namo.
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wow! The show has fans across all sexualities? Can we hear from any bisexuals in the house?
Auggie27 Profile PhotoAuggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Bisexuals? ("If there's one thing I hate, it's a bisexual homosexual..." Maggie Smith in CALIFORNIA SUITE.)
"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
Updated On: 2/23/04 at 10:41 PM
Madame X Profile PhotoMadame X Profile Photo
Madame X
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The only thing wrong w/ the episode (besides not being long enough) is that Big is SO not a John!

Gosh I'm gonna miss that show..
"Some of us have it worse, you know, Dana. Some of us are dating lesbian men. Okay? C'mon."
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think he is. "Big Johhhhhn, Big Bad John."
MasterLcZ Profile PhotoMasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No HBO.

Never saw it.

Most of my friends: "OH my gawd, LcZ, I cannot BELIEVE that you are a gay man in New York who has never seen SEX AND THE CITY!?!?!"

Believe it, keeds! re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: SITC Finale  over! *spoilers*

"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"
Updated On: 2/23/04 at 03:22 AM
orion59 Profile Photoorion59 Profile Photo
orion59
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I wasn't a bit disappointed by the finale. I started crying during the one hour farewell special as they reviewed all the wonderful and funny moments. It's sad and depressing to think that the show is gone, it's kind of like saying good bye to friends you care about. I was glad to see that it ended with the full growth of each character. We've seen it coming for a while, Charlotte realizing that the fairy tale romance isn't all it's cracked up to be and that love means sharing your life with someone who cares but may not be your ideal. That was solidified in the scene where she looked at the picture of the baby. Her line "I know this is our baby" meant so much more than it seemed on the surface. She was fianlly affirming that this was her life and this is what she always wanted.

Samantha moving closer to the one thing she always missed in her life but wouldn't admit she needed. To have finally taken that last step and admit she loved Smith and to not be afraid of love.

Miranda who has always been the stoic, no nonsense, no time for love type of person has been slowly letting go of her fears of becoming intimate and taking a chnace on a relationship. The scene where she is bathing her mother in-law ingeniously showed how far she's come and that she is completely invested in being a full partner to and with Steve. I think the scene with her and Magda may also have been a metephor for some back story. maybe something between Miranda and her mother which is what made her so terrified of realtionships (maybe I read too much into that)

And, of course, Carrie finally realizing that in being swept up by the story book, old world romance from AP, she was risking loosing her own identity. When she explained to him what kind of love she was looking for, it was so clear that she finally understood herself what she wanted. I'm glad that she found it was always there in front of her face.

I had no doubts that she would be with Big in the end. Eventually she ahd to raelize that what she had with him is what love really is...it's great, it's bad, it makes you happy, it makes you feel awful, some days you can't wait to see him and others you can't stand the site of him but, he's always there when you need him most. That's what her and Big's relationship has been from the start.

http://www.danperezgallery.com
orion59 Profile Photoorion59 Profile Photo
orion59
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"OK now when's the movie?"

Let's hope it's never. I hate movies or reunions done years after a show is gone. They are always disappointing. Some great shows of the past have tried reunions after years of fans begging for one. They are horrid (Remember the Mary & Rhoda reunuon movie a few years ago?). Once a show has ended, you can't bring back the stars and make something of quality. They fall out their rythm. These four women have worked together for 6 years exploring and experimenting with ethir characters and how they realte to one another. They turned that into a chemistry that worked and made the show what it was. After not working together for a while, you loose that chemistry and it shows on screen. You forget how to time your lines with each actress, you forget who and what your charcter actually is because you're not getting into that character on a daily basis.

No, no SITC movie or renunion ever. We don't need to see a face lifted Samantha, looking as scary as Loretta Swit or MTM trying to be a sex kitten at 60.
http://www.danperezgallery.com
EddieVarley Profile PhotoEddieVarley Profile Photo
EddieVarley
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
After sitting on the runway at Detroit Metro for an hour I was sure I'd never get back in time to see it, but luck was with me and I entered my apartment just as it started. Like everybody here I thought it was a perfect finale, each and every character was given a powerful and true sendoff, bravo to all on a job well done.
Are you following BroadwayWorld.com yet on Facebook & Twitter? click here.