Page: 1

Oliver! Results

BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oliver! Results#0
Posted: 2/18/04 at 10:47am
Hey everyone. I just recieved the part of Noah Claypole (sp?) in the school musical. What kind of part is this? I was told I get to fight with Oliver and throw him in a casket. Oliver! Results There are some things I hate...the lead being played by a middle schooler and the same people having the rest of the leads.
CCM '10!
Updated On: 2/22/04 at 10:47 AM
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Oliver! Results#1
Posted: 2/18/04 at 10:49am
Is this a highschool production your talking about? And what grade are the leads in?
You've gotta have heart AND music
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Oliver! Results#2
Posted: 2/18/04 at 10:51am
Now you know why I am pissed. Oliver is a 7th grader. The rest are high schoolers.
CCM '10!
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: Oliver! Results#3
Posted: 2/18/04 at 10:55am
OOOOOh ok I see. Well, one thing about Oliver is, he is a young boy (the character) so I can understand why they would put someone younger in that part. Hopefully he can sing?
As to find out more about your character, this website gives a full synopsis of the show and who your character is: http://www.musicalheaven.com/o/oliver.shtml
Hope you dont stay pissed off my friend.
You've gotta have heart AND music
PB ENT. Profile PhotoPB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: Oliver! Results#4
Posted: 2/18/04 at 7:04pm
bwt11~ 7th grade(13?). That's about the right age. The kid playing Oliver in the infamous MacIntosh 'Oliver' is young. probably 12-13. I'd have to look up my playbill.

It would be inconsistant with the rest of the kids in the cast if Oliver were 14-16. Dodger is cast a year or two older that Oliver and certaintly your character is a 15+ age. Don't sweat it! Have fun and count it on your resume! Break a leg!
www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: Oliver! Results#5
Posted: 2/19/04 at 11:43am
I understand, it just boggles my mind why they chose a musical with a young lead for a high school production. I am happy! I actually got a character w/ a name! re: re: re: re: re: Oliver! Results
CCM '10!
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: Oliver! Results#6
Posted: 2/22/04 at 1:08am
The role is Noah Claypoole not Cladpole.