Page: 1

The Triplets Of Belleville

~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
The Triplets Of Belleville#0
Posted: 2/13/04 at 6:44pm
Has anyone seen the commercials for this movie or has anyone SEEN it? It looks sooo weird, really abstract and I'm terribly curious.
You've gotta have heart AND music
b-waygirl
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: The Triplets Of Belleville#1
Posted: 2/13/04 at 6:49pm
i've seen the commercials....it looks awesome. i wanna see it!! anyone who already did:
TELL TELL
parking for drive-thru service only. thank you.
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: The Triplets Of Belleville#2
Posted: 2/13/04 at 7:10pm
it looks really...i dont know like one of those movies that can just make you antsy because its so different and what not. I wanna know what its about tho.
b-waygirl
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: re: re: The Triplets Of Belleville#3
Posted: 2/13/04 at 7:15pm
“The film has been one of the most popular in the entire (Cannes) festival. Told without dialogue but with lots of music and sound effects, it manages to create emotion as well as humor.”
-Kenneth Turan, LOS ANGELES TIMES

“a hallucinatory amalgam of Paris and New York, as unreal in its way as Dogville, and Mr. Chomet indulges some playful anti-Americanism of his own. The city's residents are mostly obese, toothy hamburger eaters. It is a wild, nostalgic tribute to an old, cherished idea of France, with raucous music-hall tunes on the soundtrack (the triplets are an ancient trio of cabaret singers), and the national mania for bicycle racing at its heart. The animation, with elongated, slightly grotesque figures set against gray and sepia ink-washed backgrounds, owes a lot to old French and Belgian comic strips And the odd, sometimes disturbing story — a grandmother, aided by the triplets and her loyal, overweight dog, tries to rescue her cyclist grandson, who has been kidnapped by gangsters — is a far cry from either Walt Disney or Japanese anime. But "Les Triplettes," with its affirmation of French ingenuity, French history and French idiosyncrasy, has been, for the local public if not for the critics, the sensation of the festival.”
-A.O. Scott, NEW YORK TIMES

i got this stuff from the website
parking for drive-thru service only. thank you.
shermanslave Profile Photoshermanslave Profile Photo
shermanslave
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I saw this movie and loved it. It was just so visually interesting and i loved that the story was conveyed with hardly any dialogue. Really loved it.
Please visit Bitchy Waiter
MyNameInLights Profile PhotoMyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I saw a teaser for it this morning when I was getting ready for school and I got goosebumps!
"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."
innocentchoirboy Profile Photoinnocentchoirboy Profile Photo
innocentchoirboy
Stand-by
Stand-by
i just saw it. the movie is.....different. everything is in french, though there are only two lines spoken total, and those are in english. its a touching story, with insanely good music. its hilarious, touching, and sad. and weird. its just so hard to describe. if anything, go to see it for the dog. he just steals the show. the images are AMAZING!! the scene transitions are incredible and startling. my mom hated it, but i am ecstatic about it. and, being a latin geek, i love that the motto "In Vino Veritas" (truth in wine) is printed throughout. it takes a lot of stabs at americans, so watch closely to catch them all! go see it!!!! its worth it!!!
"We ought to make the pie higher." --George W. Bush, South Carolina Republican Debate; February 15, 2000
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Excellent film! Would win the Oscar except for the glorious Finding Nemo.
etoile Profile Photoetoile Profile Photo
etoile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Triplets Of Belleville#8
Posted: 2/14/04 at 1:14am
Look at the post below. I'm certain Master posted something a few days ago.
Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.
sabrelady Profile Photosabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Triplets Of Belleville#9
Posted: 2/14/04 at 11:01am
And it a Co production w/ Canada!
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin “I’m going to have to science the shit outta this.” The Martian
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: The Triplets Of Belleville#10
Posted: 2/16/04 at 3:45pm
Oh really? Thats fantastic! I can't wait to go see this...it has "tweaked" a curiousity in me. Cant wait.
BudFrump23 Profile PhotoBudFrump23 Profile Photo
BudFrump23
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: The Triplets Of Belleville#11
Posted: 2/16/04 at 10:23pm
I saw this movie last week and absolutely loved it. The music at the begining was a little bit creepy. But I loved the fact how there was no dialogue in the whole movie. It was either sounds or music in the background, and really relied on the music and animation to bring out the story.
I'm as jumpy as a virgin at a prison rodeo!
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: The Triplets Of Belleville#12
Posted: 2/17/04 at 6:49pm
I enjoyed it too. Although there was a father and his daughter sitting next to me. It's really not a movie that children can appreciate. The father was explaining everything to the daughter.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
BudFrump23 Profile PhotoBudFrump23 Profile Photo
BudFrump23
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
: The Triplets Of Belleville#13
Posted: 2/18/04 at 10:06am
I hate when that happens. It's not like there was any speaking to promote the child to ask "What did they say?" That is the worst, especially when people say it after every line in a movie/play.
I'm as jumpy as a virgin at a prison rodeo!
redhotinnyc2 Profile Photoredhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: : The Triplets Of Belleville#14
Posted: 2/20/04 at 10:24am
It's a really brilliant piece of theatricality. The story is great, the animation is some of the most remarkable I have seen so far...a great mix of artistic styles. The Sountrack is really wonderful, also - we bought it the day we saw the film and still have it in our CD player. See it on the big screen if you can - don't wait to rent it, because I believe it will lose something on a small screen - but its definitely what my partner and I refer to as "an owner"...meaning we must own a copy when it is released on DVD.
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!