Page: 1

A Great Idea

Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A Great Idea#0
Posted: 2/7/04 at 12:11pm
I cannot take credit for it as I read it in a letters to the editor in a local NY paper

A lesbian "Honeymooners" with Rosie on the Gleason part. Another take ( not in the same vein ) would be Nathan Lane as Kramden , Christine Baranaski as Alice

I must admit Rosie as Kramden has possibilities. Any thoughts ?
Poster Emeritus
Auggie27 Profile PhotoAuggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Great Idea#1
Posted: 2/7/04 at 12:14pm
How about Rosie in the Gleason role, and the, uh, versatile Anne Heche in the Carney part.

More ... plot ... possibilities.
"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Great Idea#2
Posted: 2/7/04 at 12:14pm
I don't know about great but it does remind me of an TV sit-com idea I discussed in the early 80's.

A gay version of I LOVE LUCY. A gay couple owning a brownstone and living on the ground floors, renting the upper floors to a heterosexual couple. One half of the gay couple and the str8 female become fast friends engaging in wacky plots and schemes, a la Lucy and Ethel.

I was told the networks would never go for it.

Tell that to Roy and Silo.

Bulldog
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: A Great Idea#3
Posted: 2/7/04 at 12:16pm
Why not think up something completely new rather than tarnish the work of the great Gleason? The Honeymooners doesn't need to be recreated.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: A Great Idea#4
Posted: 2/7/04 at 12:51pm
This is the 2004 version. Get with the program . This was someone else'S idea. I love the Honeymooners but I can recite the classic 39 by heart. Play something else instead On TV. Here are some alternatives:

1. My Little Margie
2. Real Mc Coys
3. Many Loves of Dobie Gillis
4. The Invaders
5. Route 66
6. Thriller
7. Inner Sanctum
8. Highway Patrol ( with Brodderick Crawford saying 10/4)
9. Richard Diamond
10.Mike Hammer ( Darren Mc Gavin )

I know many of these are not comedies. I am talking about alternative programming
Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 2/7/04 at 12:51 PM
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: A Great Idea#5
Posted: 2/7/04 at 7:49pm
TVLand has been doing their best to air some of the older shows. They have aired one season shows like Square Pegs and Tabitha. I cringed at Square Pegs. I used to watch that and now it is so dated. There are references that only made sense in that time period. And the clothes!! What were we thinking?
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: A Great Idea#6
Posted: 2/7/04 at 9:19pm
I love Square Pegs! The fashion then was way better than it is now. At least people cared about looking nice. And many of the clothes from that period are already creeping back in style. I'll be happy when we get out of this disgusting 70s rut.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian