Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

× New: Upvote messages you find helpful. Messages with multiple votes will be highlighted. Also posts reported by several users will now be hidden by default (but can be toggled on) while awaiting moderation.
Off-Topic

What is Priors job? AIA

Rhysavants
Swing
Swing | Joined: 2/2/18

What is Priors job? AIA

Posted: 11/18/21 at 3:09pm

I am working on Angels in America and I am struggling to figure out what Prior does for a living. He doesn't seem to have any source of income yet he lives very lavishly. Any answers?

Updated On: 11/18/21 at 03:09 PM
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend | Joined: 7/22/03

What is Priors job? AIA

Posted: 11/18/21 at 11:35pm

He has a small trust fund and picks up some cash now and again as a cater waiter. 

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none
Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend | Joined: 7/20/13

What is Priors job? AIA

Posted: 11/19/21 at 1:55pm

At the point where we meet him, he isn't doing anything. He is already sick with AIDS and I sincerely doubt anyone would hire him at that time, anyways. He was supported by Louis and then in the hospital basically the entire second half, so I don't think it matters. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend | Joined: 11/5/05

What is Priors job? AIA

Posted: 11/19/21 at 2:02pm

Yeah, there is implication that he has some family wealth. It's never explicitly stated, but there are references to his WASP upbringing, which suggests, as Namo said, a trust fund. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend

What is Priors job? AIA

Posted: 11/20/21 at 1:16am

What I posted was what Kushner was quoted as saying in an article. Or book. Can I remember which article? Or book? No. 

Alex Kulak2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend | Joined: 9/11/16

What is Priors job? AIA

Posted: 11/22/21 at 11:13am

Per the character description in Millennium Approaches: "Occasionally works as a club designer or caterer, otherwise lives very modestly but with great style off a small trust fund."

FindingNamo
Broadway Legend

What is Priors job? AIA

Posted: 11/23/21 at 9:25pm

Oh yeah, THE TEXT! That's where I read it! Thanx Alex Kulak